Kids Pool on Celebrity Mercury

LittlePeanut9

I've never seen a kid's pool on Mercury. They have the Aqua Spa pool area, and then the La Playa Pool, both on resort deck. If your child isn't fully potty trained, there will be no pool for her to swim, as they don't have a "Splash Zone" on Mercury, for diapered kids. Sorry

You will not be able to use the pool with the kids, swim diapers or not. The pools are not chlorine and filtered like land based pools. So children must be potty trained. If they have an accident the pool will likely be closed for some time as it is drained and cleaned. So there will be alot of unhappy cruisers if that is the case.

I am bringing my 28 month old and 12 month old daughters. Since they love the water I am bringing swim diapers, 2 small blow up splash pools and a folding bucket. I intend, weather permitting to use one on the pool deck and one on my parents balcony.

Look for us on the deck and come splash with us.

I have read from other post people have done this in the past. Fill up the small pool from the main pool and when finished drain into one of the deck drains.

I hope this will work on the Mercury for our January 3 cruise.

We are on a 12 day cruise to the eastern caribbean - - so it will be warm enough for her to swim. According to the deck plans there is a children's pool on the vista deck behind the fun factory. The people I spoke with at celebrity said that children in diapers are allowed in this pool, bot none of the others. I really hope the fun factory is open, some have said it was clased and being used for storage --otherwise we're in trouble!

Most of the people with whom you speak in customer service have never been on a ship, and often relay incorrect information. I don't believe your child will be allowed in any pool if they aren't potty trained:

Children fully toilet trained and pull-up/diaper-free are able to utilize pools onboard

A "kid's pool" does not necessary mean a pool in which a child may wear a swim diaper.

Thanks, everyone. I called Celebrity AGAIN and they assure me that the Fun Factory and the children's pool are open (and it IS okay for kids to have swim diapers in this wading pool - but only this one) -- they haven't heard otherwise from corporate or anyone onboard. I am hoping they know what they are talking about and this is correct. I'd hate to think that Celebrity says they are a family cruise line and then they close the room available for kids to play and the only pool they are allowed to use! :mad:

Okay - here it is. I talked to somone in customer relations today and they emailed the ship while I was on hold. The Fun Factory is open and has never been closed. The children's pool (yes there is one) is open/filled only during at sea days. It hasn't been filled lately because it has been too cold, but it is working properly. "Whew" -- glad we got to the bottom of that! Thanks, All!:D

Okay - here it is. I talked to somone in customer relations today and they emailed the ship while I was on hold. The Fun Factory is open and has never been closed. The children's pool (yes there is one) is open/filled only during at sea days. It hasn't been filled lately because it has been too cold, but it is working properly. "Whew" -- glad we got to the bottom of that! Thanks, All!:D

I will be very shocked if you come back and report that they permit non-potty trained kids in the pool even if it is filled. Do yourself a favor and bring a small blow-up pool for your child. And for the idiot on the Carnival board who suggested just sneaking in, not only is it inconsiderate to fellow cruisers if there is an accident and the pool needs to be closed for a few days for cleaning but also irresponsible for a parent to put other children at risk.

Archived