In Case of Emergency

leith

I am confused and looking for help.

I need to get the number for the Crown because the kids are not going with us. I found in the cruise personalizer that there is an 900 number and an International dialing number. Which one do you use to leave for your sitter?

The 900 or the International? The International is set up direct to the ship.

thank you for the help.

If you have cell phones, they work on the ship for most carriers and its a lot cheaper than calling the ship. realize you are talking about emergencies, but you'll have cellular access in most cases.

we used texting because its cheap also for general communications. And I'd turn off my phone but then check it every once in a while....our kids are grown.

Also check your carrier's access in the ports of call.

Den

If you have cell phones, they work on the ship for most carriers and its a lot cheaper than calling the ship. realize you are talking about emergencies, but you'll have cellular access in most cases.

we used texting because its cheap also for general communications. And I'd turn off my phone but then check it every once in a while.

Cell phone use on the ship while at sea could cost you about $2.50/minute and is charged by your carrier in addition to any roaming costs. Plus, there is no guarantee of cell phone use any more than Internet access. Your phone would have to be capable of international calls. If your phone is a "smart" phone and can send/receive data, you'll be charged for international data unless you are in airplane mode because many phone apps use "push" technology to sent information to your phone. The bottom line is that using a cell phone at sea can be complicated and wind up being very expensive. :(

Archived