All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

I'll bring up the subject of the cancelled repositioning cruises again.

Was there any reason given? Did anyone ask Mr. Heald on his blog or FB page?

I'd love to know their rationale behind this.

Checking the prices for next Nov/Dec, and they're rather higher than basically the same cruise from FLL or Miami. I found that was the case when I would check the Legend sailings, too. I love this ship class and wanted to sail them all (not possible now), but I'm not going to pay more for essentially the same cruise just to sail a particular ship class. And I'm not paying more to sail from Baltimore to "just" get to the Bahamas.

I'm still ticked off about this. :mad:

Carnival Pride will to to Dry Dock right after her last Cruise from Baltimore on Oct 12.

Radio

;);)

I know. I'd just like to know why they decided to cancel the two repo cruises and move her directly to Tampa.

Maybe people don't understand how wonderful repositioning cruises can be?

I just did my 2nd. I would do more if I could find more, but Carnival rarely does them (I don't count moving to or from Europe and we don't really even have THAT option next year).

You get more interesting itineraries on repos because you aren't spending a big chunk of your time returning to the same port.

I was just hoping that while I was away on my WONDERFUL REPOSITIONING CRUISE, that someone had found out Carnival's reasoning for the change in plans.

I was going to (again) fly to San Juan and spend a couple of pre-cruise days and then do the 8-night repo from San Juan to Tampa.

I may look at some 8-nights from Florida, but I'm more inclined to look at the 10 or 11 night HAL cruises.

People complain often on these boards about the same old, same old itineraries. So Carnival has the opportunity to offer something different, they do so, then change their tiny little minds and cancel them. Very poor decision, imo. :mad:

• 1 month later...

I'm sailing the Pride Feb. 2, and have been also researching for a good seafood restaurant in Baltimore. I was so excited to be able to go to Phillips for the seafood buffet, only to find out they stopped doing that. :( I checked Yelp and found a few restaurants that I am trying to narrow down. I am more interested in actual crabs though. (although I do love a good crabcake!)

Had friends who just got off the Pride last Sunday. They got in around 9 but didn't get off the ship until around 11 a.m. When they boarded for this cruise it was around 1:30 before they got on the ship.

We purchased FTTF for our Pride cruise in Nov. of last year and didn't get on until around 1 p.m. Everyone's cabin was ready by that time so that perk of FTTF was wasted money. We were sorry we bought it since we didn't have any tender ports and the getting on early was the main draw for us. The Pride's scheduled time of arrival back in port is 9 a.m. but it has been late a lot in recent weeks.

We love the Pride and had a great time.

Had friends who just got off the Pride last Sunday. They got in around 9 but didn't get off the ship until around 11 a.m. When they boarded for this cruise it was around 1:30 before they got on the ship.

We purchased FTTF for our Pride cruise in Nov. of last year and didn't get on until around 1 p.m. Everyone's cabin was ready by that time so that perk of FTTF was wasted money. We were sorry we bought it since we didn't have any tender ports and the getting on early was the main draw for us. The Pride's scheduled time of arrival back in port is 9 a.m. but it has been late a lot in recent weeks.

We love the Pride and had a great time.

Ok thanks - my main concern is getting off earlier to make a 12:50pm flight home otherwise we r stuck till Monday flying home. So crossing fingers - would be nice to get on sooner than 1:30 but if that seems the normal thing right now showing up at like 11 or 11:30 would be good on embarkation day?

Ok thanks - my main concern is getting off earlier to make a 12:50pm flight home otherwise we r stuck till Monday flying home. So crossing fingers - would be nice to get on sooner than 1:30 but if that seems the normal thing right now showing up at like 11 or 11:30 would be good on embarkation day?

Since you're flying into Baltimore, you'll be getting dropped off at the Port. You will be able to get inside and wait. I would get there around 10:30 if I were you. The ship may come in on time and in that case, you'll possibly be onboard by 11:30ish. If you drive into the Port, you need to wait in a line for parking while the other passengers get to their cars and leave. The people that get dropped off at the Port typically get in line sooner than the parking people. I have traveled with friends that got dropped off and I was driving in and had to park. And, I was waiting in the parking line about a half hour before they even got dropped off. They were inside and checked in and waiting before I was parked.

Edited by nodogkisses

You can probably make your flight if the ship doesn't run into any problems getting in by 9 a.m.

I would get to the port between 10:30 and 11 but since the ship doesn't get in until 9 a.m. (that's if it's on time) there is little chance that you will be on by 11:30. We docked at 9:15 and it was almost 11 before anyone got off, even the self assist folks who carried off their luggage didn't get off before that.

On cruises where the ship docks around 7 a.m. I have usually been on around 11:30 but not the Pride.

I've not gotten onboard before 1 the last couple of times I've sailed the Pride.

ok good to know.. I have a back up flight at 6pm we can take if we miss the 12:50pm one so no biggy there.. so another question.. I know they are fussy about cameras and all that inside the terminal.. if we arrive between 10:30 and 11am but have to wait a few hrs to board can we use our Ipads or laptops to watch movies to help pass the time without getting yelled at? Otherwise I know I will be really bored and very anxious to just get onboard lol the waiting will be very hard. . i'm sure for everyone since we just want to get onboard and start our vacation :)

On our Dec cruise, security actually made the lady across from me get off of her cell phone. She was just chatting along when he came up and rudely informed her she could not be on her phone in the building, it was not allowed.

I have seen people in the port building in Baltimore on their Ipads and/or laptops reading or playing games and they were not bothered. We have talked on our cell phones and not been bothered. I guess it depends on the port security working that day. I would do it until someone tells you to stop. You can always say sorry I didn't know the rules.

15 more days!! :). Anyone know when she got into port this last Sunday? Is she still arriving later than normal. We have FTTF so wondering how early we should be at the port. Thanks :)

We cruised on the Pride's 10/6/13 sailing and had FTTF. We received an email from Carnival indicating the Pride was being inspected by the USCG upon arrival and it would late embarkation. We arrived at 12:30 as we finished check-in they started boarding the platinum and FTTF. We were in our room at 12:45. Signs were posted indicating only Platinum and FTTF guest can go to their cabins until 1:30.

We are also cruising the Pride on 1/26/14 so I have been tracking her and it appears that it returns to Baltimore late each week, my guess weather related. The arrivals range from 9am to 10:30. We are planning to get to the Port of Baltimore around 12:30pm.

We cruised on the Pride's 10/6/13 sailing and had FTTF. We received an email from Carnival indicating the Pride was being inspected by the USCG upon arrival and it would late embarkation. We arrived at 12:30 as we finished check-in they started boarding the platinum and FTTF. We were in our room at 12:45. Signs were posted indicating only Platinum and FTTF guest can go to their cabins until 1:30.

We are also cruising the Pride on 1/26/14 so I have been tracking her and it appears that it returns to Baltimore late each week, my guess weather related. The arrivals range from 9am to 10:30. We are planning to get to the Port of Baltimore around 12:30pm.

Did you get FTTF for the 26th JMAE?? We have it so I guess we will see how early we all get to board. . We will probably just check out of the hotel at 11 and head over shortly after.. grab some snacks so we have for munching while we wait to board. Is there a way to tell how early she actually docks the day of?

Did you get FTTF for the 26th JMAE?? We have it so I guess we will see how early we all get to board. . We will probably just check out of the hotel at 11 and head over shortly after.. grab some snacks so we have for munching while we wait to board. Is there a way to tell how early she actually docks the day of?

Yes we have FTTF. If you have internet access I would track the ship to ensure it is in port before heading over. They just have seat in the FTTF waiting area.

Here are two tracking website:

Live Ship Tracker

Vessel Finder

Just enter Carnival Pride in the search and it should show the location of the ship along with other info.

Yes we have FTTF. If you have internet access I would track the ship to ensure it is in port before heading over. They just have seat in the FTTF waiting area.

Here are two tracking website:

Live Ship Tracker

Vessel Finder

Just enter Carnival Pride in the search and it should show the location of the ship along with other info.

awesome thanks!!

another question while I'm thinking of things.. any recent Pride cruisers know how much a internet package for the entire week will cost? I know when we went on the triumph many years ago we got it on the first day and there was a special price for it for a certain number of hours. trying to figure out how much everything will cost so we have an idea before we leave.

another question while I'm thinking of things.. any recent Pride cruisers know how much a internet package for the entire week will cost? I know when we went on the triumph many years ago we got it on the first day and there was a special price for it for a certain number of hours. trying to figure out how much everything will cost so we have an idea before we leave.

Off Carnival website:

Wireless Users – Laptops and other WiFi equipped devices

Got a laptop, an iPad, or a netbook? Got 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless capability (that's just geek speak for WiFi)?

The Wireless Internet Service is compatible with a Wireless 802.11b card, which is the industry standard. You may use your personal laptop while onboard, your iPhone and all other WiFi equipped devices and most software installed on them without restrictions. VPN access on the other hand is restricted to connections of the type, which are not IPSec or PPTP connections. Kindly discuss your VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.

Pricing

Instructions on how to create an account and pricing details are present on-screen in the Internet Café or on your laptop once you connect to Carnival WiFi. Internet pricing is identical, whether you are using the Internet Café terminals, your own laptop or other wireless devices. All Internet charges will be billed directly to your onboard “Sail & Sign” account.

Time Plans offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans are transferable between Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/wireless devices, can be used anytime throughout the cruise until disembarkation and don’t have to be used in a single session. No refund will be provided for unused minutes.

Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not available and plans and prices are subject to change.

• 480 minutes for $159 USD

• 240 minutes for $89 USD

• 120 minutes for $59 USD

• 45 minutes for $29 USD

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

15 more days!! :). Anyone know when she got into port this last Sunday? Is she still arriving later than normal. We have FTTF so wondering how early we should be at the port. Thanks :)

We arrived one hour late on our arrival back to port on Jan 12th (10 am) due to winds and strong currents in the bay

You can find the daily menus on the television. The days menu from breakfast to dinner in the MDR is available to view on there anytime, as well your cruise account..I love it!

Also the menus are posted outside of the MDR.

Yes we looked at them everyday in our cabin on the tv