Land and Sea Tour Suggestions

cnb_happy

I've been dreaming of going to St Lucia for many years so I want to see as much of the island as possible while in port. Does any single tour operator provide both land and sea tours without having to book through the cruise ship? Cosol and Herod sound great for the land part but love to experience St Lucia by sea as well. (yes, I want it all- lol)

Thanks for your help!

I've been dreaming of going to St Lucia for many years so I want to see as much of the island as possible while in port. Does any single tour operator provide both land and sea tours without having to book through the cruise ship? Cosol and Herod sound great for the land part but love to experience St Lucia by sea as well. (yes, I want it all- lol)

Thanks for your help!

I highly recommend the Spencer Ambrose Land & Sea tour. We just did it on Christmas Day. You get to see many of the currently accessible land sites, get some beach time at the foot of the Pitons (which were breathtaking), and then have a boat trip with sightseeing back to the pier that your ship is docked at. His website is spencerambrosedotcom.

St. Lucia is the only island on our trip that we WANT to book with the ship. With all the chaos that has ensued there since the hurricane and the fact that the ships offer a land/sea tour, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to go with the ship tour, considering they are the same price as private tours? We are doing the land/sea tour with Carnival. Then we don't have to worry about rounding up a group of eight, getting back to the ship on time, or as we did once, running out of gas on board a small private boat.

Just returned from our trip. We booked the Land and Sea tour with Spencer Ambrose and it was the highlight of our cruise. Spencer knows the island well, is incredibly personable, and makes fun stops along the way. The beach and water taxi ride back to the port were lovely. We could not have asked for more.

I did not use them for the land and sea tour, but I loved all the other tours serenity did with us. They have a land and sea which takes you on a catamaran and gives you ample beach time. Cosol only used water taxis that were semi difficult to board and dangerous to some and only had a measley 1 hour on the beach. Check out their website and tripadvisor for more reviews.

St. Lucia is the only island on our trip that we WANT to book with the ship. With all the chaos that has ensued there since the hurricane and the fact that the ships offer a land/sea tour, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to go with the ship tour, considering they are the same price as private tours? We are doing the land/sea tour with Carnival. Then we don't have to worry about rounding up a group of eight, getting back to the ship on time, or as we did once, running out of gas on board a small private boat.

Not sure what cruise line your on, we did the Princess, Best of St. Lucia by Land and Sea tour(ship tour) back in 2002 and it was embarrassing, our tour guide SUCKED and so did the entire tour. Since then I have done Cosol(twice), was with Herod, and our CC group of 25 about 6 weeks ago and it was AWESOME, could never imagine going back to St. Lucia and not spending the day with Cosol or Herod, or Spencer. Later Todd

We recently did toured with Spencer Ambrose (actually had his brother John) and it was the best tour we have ever taken. We were grouped with several other couples who had also booked the tour on their own. John was an extremely safe driver and good speaker, and we were in a nice air conditioned van. We went to a banana plantation and also saw so much of the island (both good and sad), had a nice boat ride to a lovely beach, had unlimited beverages, a great lunch, and tasted many local foods along the way which were all included in the price. It was very informative, pictureque, and so much fun. It is obvious that he loves this island and we had a great day. Highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I took Herod's Land and Sea Safari on Jan 26th and it was wonderful. We saw all the accessible major sites on the island and ended up on a beach at the Pitons. An excellent lunch was prepared by Herod's mother and served at their home. The tour concluded with a speedboat ride back to the cruise port. His new web site is up and running, check it out for more tour details. We definitely recommend this tour.

We have completed 36 cruises and found the private tours where operators consistently received excellent reviews on CC and other travel sites to be far superior to the ship tours. They are almost always less crowded, more complete and informative, offer more time at the various sites, and are normally no more or even less expensive than a ship tour. I'm sure there are exceptions, but, that's been our experience.

• 2 weeks later...

we did a land and sea tour with Spencer on 23rd Jan , there were 8 of us and we all had a fantastic day . Spencer was friendly , informative and nothing was too much trouble for him . Everything just as described on his web site . It was an ideal way to see the island , seeing and stopping at sites on the way up {there is still a lot of hurricane damage } and then returning in his speed boat . It was also lovely seeing things from the boat , Bat Cave etc , so we had the best of bothh worlds . Plenty of food and drink . would definitely recommend .

Archived