Late Embarkation- Liberty this weekend

I have heard that because there are so many non-USA passengers onboard Liberty this week that customs is going to cause a huge delay in emptying the ship this Sunday. We are trying to get aboard in time to watch the Ravens game at 1:00. Has anyone experienced this?? Anyone have advice??? Also does anyone know if the cruise terminal has WIFI?

I have heard that because there are so many non-USA passengers onboard Liberty this week that customs is going to cause a huge delay in emptying the ship this Sunday. We are trying to get aboard in time to watch the Ravens game at 1:00. Has anyone experienced this?? Anyone have advice??? Also does anyone know if the cruise terminal has WIFI?

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question but I just wanted to say... GO RAVENS! :D

The only thing I have consistently heard is that whenever Liberty docks after a Western Caribbean itinerary, customs is bad because of the Belize stop. I think i have read two posts of people having long boarding times when they are going on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. The boat usual alternates between the two. I know the boat is on Western trip this week because someone posted. Cross your fingers they may have the kinks worked out by now. When you do get on, I know they usually show the game somewhere.

Why can't those involved with Liberty figure this out if it's happening every cruise between the western & eastern caribbean...NEVER had a problem with the INDY out of FLL doing the same schedule....What's Really Up and why can't it be RESOLVED ???:mad:

Disembarkation and Embarkation have NOTHING to do with any cruise line.

you are dealing with the governemnt. If they decide to take apart anything and everything on the ship...they can.

If they want to inspect every bag....they can.

If they want to inspect every set of documents.....they can.

RCI has no control, nor does Carnival, NCL or anybody else.

Why can't those involved with Liberty figure this out if it's happening every cruise between the western & eastern caribbean...NEVER had a problem with the INDY out of FLL doing the same schedule....What's Really Up and why can't it be RESOLVED ???:mad:

I am thinking the same thing. We go on Liberty on Feb 5th and 6 day cruise the previous week is a Western including Belize, so I am wondering if we can expect a delay or not on that cruise?

I know that DJ Mike (Mike Sw the Cruise Director) often posts here. Mike if you read this, can you answer our questions? Why doesn't RCCL realize that this is an issue and do something to help resolve it so it doesn't happen every other cruise? Thanks much!

Nobody blames the airline when there is a long line at security, or when customs and immigration takes forever after arriving. It's no different with the cruise lines. Blaming them makes no sense:confused:

I have been reading this about the Liberty recently...delays getting off the ship and getting on the ship. I am sailing in the Liberty 6 night to Belize...and have been to Belize twice, I do not remember it being very bad. However, I have noticed that there is a huge difference between getting of a ship in Port Everglades and POM. PE has always, each and every time, been a breeze for us. This is not the case in Miami...it is horrible...so maybe it has something to do with the port. Who knows.

I have cruised many times from Miami and have never had a problem arriving or departing. Usually arrive at 11am and on board within 1 hour. The airport is a nightmare but otherwise fine. From what I'm reading here I am definitely doing baggage valet on disembarkation!

The scary thing is this will be the largest ship I have ever been on. Is it just too many people???

Nobody blames the airline when there is a long line at security, or when customs and immigration takes forever after arriving. It's no different with the cruise lines. Blaming them makes no sense:confused:

I think what we are asking is WHY is there such a delay. Not blaming RCCL, just asking what the reason is...ie....Customs, propulsion issues, broken gangplank, lots of non U.S residents onboard, Port of Miami issue, etc. There are so many conflicting issues here that people just want to know if they can expect it on their upcoming cruise or whether it was a one or two time unique situation. This way we can plan when to arrive at port.

you are dealing with the governemnt. If they decide to take apart anything and everything on the ship...they can.

SAME government involved in Port Everglades as Port of Miami...Coincidence this has been happening at the POM with Liberty on eastern caribbean cruises recently....Hmmm...:rolleyes:

DJMike posted on hear few days ago that the ship would be delayed at debarkation on Sunday. There's also another thread like this one discussing it. We'll probably head down at our usually time of 10:30-11:00 tosee what's going on, and it debarkation is delayed we'lltake a quick spin to South Beach befor returning the rental car.

RCI has some control, they have pulled ALL their ships, with the exception of MJ, out of Miami and moved the ones staying in Florida to FLL, where BCP and the Port are better organized and more efficient. As RCI slowly moved ships from Miami, the situation got worse, it's even worse there for the crew now

Hey guys,

yes there is a problem and there is nothing the ship can do to help. We have requested more officials, they send us as many as they want and move as fast or slow as they want.

Do you honestly think we want 4,000 upset passengers coming on the first day? Do you also think we want 4,000 people leaving the ship with this bad taste in their mouth as their last experience? A little common sense please.

We have addressed this at all levels, even Adam Goldstein's family was stuck out in that line for the New Year's cruise. The CBP do full checks once we return from a Belize run. I can't say what happened on INDY but I can tell you that not one single crew member looks forward to the turn around day after a Belize run. It is not fun and it's an uphill battle to win over our guests after that.

As far as the 1:00 pm football game I don't know what else to tell you that I didn't already suggest in the other thread. I wish and pray that it goes faster but there is nothing anyone on board can do to help speed up the process.

Mike

Hey guys,

yes there is a problem and there is nothing the ship can do to help. We have requested more officials, they send us as many as they want and move as fast or slow as they want.

Do you honestly think we want 4,000 upset passengers coming on the first day? Do you also think we want 4,000 people leaving the ship with this bad taste in their mouth as their last experience? A little common sense please.

We have addressed this at all levels, even Adam Goldstein's family was stuck out in that line for the New Year's cruise. The CBP do full checks once we return from a Belize run. I can't say what happened on INDY but I can tell you that not one single crew member looks forward to the turn around day after a Belize run. It is not fun and it's an uphill battle to win over our guests after that.

As far as the 1:00 pm football game I don't know what else to tell you that I didn't already suggest in the other thread. I wish and pray that it goes faster but there is nothing anyone on board can do to help speed up the process.

Mike

Thanks for the response Mike. I think a lot of us were hoping that you could clarify this issue for us. Of course we know that RCCL would not want their passengers starting off or ending their cruise frustrated with delays. There have been so many conflicting reasons for the delays mentioned on these boards, so I just wanted some clarification on:

A) whether or not this was a regular occurrence after Belize itineraries due to Customs delays or

B) propulsion issues as another posted had indicated, since if it was propulsion, we would expect that problem fixed when in drydock this month or

C) Customs delays due to many non U.S. Residents on board (rather than Belize itinerary) as another poster had indicated.

D) Do you have a recommendation for arrival time at port for passengers boarding on cruises following Belize itinerary

E) Is it any better for Platinum and up C & A members due to priority boarding or all we all in the same boat? (pardon the pun, I know Liberty is a ship not a boat...lol)

Again, thank you for your help in clarifying this matter with the facts. We're sure that once we do board, you and your wonderful staff will make it a great cruise.:)

Please see responses below.

A) whether or not this was a regular occurrence after Belize itineraries due to Customs delays or

This is a regular occurance on Belize runs for the LB out of Miami

B) propulsion issues as another posted had indicated, since if it was propulsion, we would expect that problem fixed when in drydock this month or

There was one cruise where we arrived 1.5 hours late due to 40 MPH head winds, while we are going into dry dock to address some propulsion issues 99% of the time it hasen't affected our arrival into Miami

C) Customs delays due to many non U.S. Residents on board (rather than Belize itinerary) as another poster had indicated.

On the run which finishes after a Belize stop there is a full US immigration check, it takes a little longer for non-US, but generally it is a slow process because everyone is fully screened. On the other run only the non-US are fully screened.

D) Do you have a recommendation for arrival time at port for passengers boarding on cruises following Belize itinerary

I would arrive between 3:00 PM and 3:30 PM, 1-2:30 pm is the crazy time for sure.

E) Is it any better for Platinum and up C & A members due to priority boarding or all we all in the same boat? (pardon the pun, I know Liberty is a ship not a boat...lol)

That I don't have an answer for as I cannot go onto the pier because I am not a US citizen and I haven't heard any feedback. You may wish to check with other CCr's on this one.