Whats the first thing you do?

User Error

Whats the very first thing you do after you walk into your Stateroom and checked its to your liking?

Where do you go? etc etc

Are you from Kent across the pond? Kent, OH?

We throw all our important stuff in the safe.

Whats the very first thing you do after you walk into your Stateroom and checked its to your liking?

Where do you go? etc etc

Hi: We hug each other! Say I love you! Put stuff in safe and then walk around the ship holding hands!

Glad you asked! Love to share some stuff.

Happy sails!

If my luggage is there, I unpack (I want to get anything even remotely related to a chore over and done with )...;)

A call to the Dine Line to sign up for Chef's Table...:)

Then up and aft to the Horizon Terrace for my first Ultimate Mai Tai... :D

As long as I still have a cell signal, I call other "cruise junkie" friends ashore just to be sure they know where I am..:p

I call the dine line for Chef's Table reservations. Then I unpack my carry-on luggage, finding a good place to store our bottles of wine. Then it's time to head to the dining room for lunch: bay shrimp and avocado, salmon, and orange souffle.

If suitcase is there,unpack as fast as i can,let my DW hang stuff up,etc,take a fast tour around ship,grab a beer,eat,run back and pick up DW who by now has everything set up and we walk around,now that i am a little familiar with ship,find the best spot to watch sailaway and it all begins!!!! and of course,the crappy lifboat drill when that happens.:D

Our plans are:

Unpack, open the balcony doors, blow a big raspberry to the whole wide world, then crack a beer open and start exploring The Crown.

Its our first cruise in 11 years (1st with Princess too) and WE CANT WAIT!!!!

So, if you're embarking at Southampton on 27th June and hear a very loud raspberry eminating from a mid ship balcony.....He He...Its probably me!!!!!

We go check out the view from our balcony. Then we look at each other and start giggling like a couple of little school girls because we're so giddy that we're finally there (it's not pretty). Then depending on the time, we either start making plans for the evening such as dinner reservations, etc., or we go out roaming to check out the ship before the muster drill. After the muster drill, we grab a drink and head to where ever we want to be for sail away. But, I do agree that getting unpacked early on is good too. That way we've got it out of the way and we can spend the rest of the evening doing whatever we want. We generally check out the Princess Patter to see what is happening that evening as well as the next day. We also introduce ourselves to our room steward and make any requests such as egg crate cushion for the bed, etc., so they can take care of it while we're out and about.

Our plans are:

Unpack, open the balcony doors, blow a big raspberry to the whole wide world, then crack a beer open and start exploring The Crown.

Its our first cruise in 11 years (1st with Princess too) and WE CANT WAIT!!!!

So, if you're embarking at Southampton on 27th June and hear a very loud raspberry eminating from a mid ship balcony.....He He...Its probably me!!!!!

That sounds like a great way to start your cruise but it may be a little less satisfying in the inside cabin I have for my next cruise.

Since I probably have been travelling all day I look into how well the bathroom is set up and test its functionality. when that is done we go for a walk around the ship and find a light snack to last for awhile after talking to the room steward. Love to make a first contact with them to find out how he likes to be notified that the room is empty so he can do his job each day.

Then I just think of how I have the next 196 hours or more to not worry about a single thing. Life will be good.

Oh gosh...this was the perfect thread to stumble across!! Thanks for postingit UserError!! I leave Saturday and this is just adding to my excitement!! I plan on carrying all my suitcases aboard, stopping for a drink BEFORE getting to the cabin, then unpacking in my very first Obstructed Oceanview while sipping my Mai Tai!!(I only ever had insides!!)

Can you tell I'm excited?!?:D

What a great feeling it is to finally board and, walking into your cabin really makes it official. I usually go out on the balcony and take a deep breath and feel 20lbs lighter. Dh and I then go to Outrigger for our first cocktail and toast. Our next feel good moment is being on our balcony as we sail-a-way and lose sight of land. Just can't get enough!

We have made a vow to try every cocktail at least once.....

Just looked at the cocktail menu- Looks like I'm gonna be smashed!!! May have to review this vow!!!!

Breakfast on the balcony whilst sailing down the Fjords......Calling room service at 3.30am.....saying "morning" to fellow cruisers whilst going on my early morning stroll around the ship......gambling $5 on red on the roulette wheel and watching black come out thus ending my gambling session in a flash.....Midnight swims in a pool watchng the stars.....

Looking forward to all this and more....

And meeting new friends too I hope!!!!!!

Love this thread. I'm getting excited about our next cruise on the Crown in February. We drop our carry ons in the cabin, call the dine line to make specialty restaurant reservations and go up for a lunch of pizza. Then we stroll around the ship before going to the muster drill. After the muster drill we get some drinks and sit on our balcony as we sail out of Fort Lauderdale. I can't wait for February.

Archived