Noordam- self-laundromat facilities

cruiselovers20

Just returned from 20 days on the Noordam and the laundry bags are now 30.00 each. I think the unlimited package was 240.00 which I know is higher than what I had read on these boards. We did the bag three times and were really pleased with the results. All the clothes were neatly pressed and DH's shirts looked as good as if we had sent them to the cleaners at home.

Just returned from 20 days on the Noordam and the laundry bags are now 30.00 each. I think the unlimited package was 240.00 which I know is higher than what I had read on these boards. We did the bag three times and were really pleased with the results. All the clothes were neatly pressed and DH's shirts looked as good as if we had sent them to the cleaners at home.

The Noordam did that last year -- raised the price of the "bag" laundry to $30 for the European cruises. And then when they returned to the Caribbean -- the went back down to $20 a bag.

The Noordam did that last year -- raised the price of the "bag" laundry to $30 for the European cruises. And then when they returned to the Caribbean -- the went back down to $20 a bag.

Didn't we recently read the cost of unlimited laundry is now $9.00 per day?

Thanks, both of you. We will continue to take the unlimited package....really whatever the cost it is a part of our cruise as far as I am concerned.

Oh I agree...Whatever the cost it's worth it!

Sometimes, after we are back home from a cruise, I find myself making a face at DH when he reaches for a HAL pressed shirt. ( they iron so much better than I do that I tend to want to keep them pristine forever.)

Jenny

Guilty as charged Jenny..

.As a matter of fact I confess that I only iron DH's long sleeve dress shirts..His short sleeve wash & wear shirts are not pressed by me, but are beautifully pressed by HAL..;)

Krazy Kruizers..Thanks for that info..It must have been your post back in May which I downloaded..Do you think they will go back to $20.00 a bag in the Caribbean this year? In any event IMO it's a bargain..

Cheers...:)Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

Most ships in the Med have been forced to raise their laundry prices.

With mostly European passengers, the ship's laundry prices are lower than the prices charged by European land-based laundries.

Many European passengers were saving up all their dirty laundry at home and saving money by having it cleaned onboard.

This was overwhelming the laundry plants on the ships.

Yes, I guess it was nice to have the laundry service. I was shown a paper that stated $120 EACH cruise...so for the two it said $240. I was not charged that much, thankfully. Yes the laundry came back within 18 hours and was either wrapped in tissue or hung...NOTHING was pressed. I did not expect it to be. You all are mostly saying laundry and pressing. Did I miss something? I STILL had to beg for laundry bags. They should return the laundry with a new bag.:)

Most ships in the Med have been forced to raise their laundry prices.

With mostly European passengers, the ship's laundry prices are lower than the prices charged by European land-based laundries.

Many European passengers were saving up all their dirty laundry at home and saving money by having it cleaned onboard.

This was overwhelming the laundry plants on the ships.

How absurd! Can you imagine lugging your dirty laundry on vacation with you to save a few euros? We've used European laundries quite often, the savings would be not be anywhere near worth the hassle.

• 3 years later...
Hi there. We will be on the Noordam in a couple of weeks. Can anyone update me on the laundry rates. I don't want to rely on three-year-old information.

Thanks!

$7/bag if you pay for each day of the cruise. $20 per bag if you do not. Free laundry for Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests.

Edited by Crew News

$7/bag if you pay for each day of the cruise. $20 per bag if you do not. Free laundry for Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests.

Here is the laundry slip with piece rates from Noordam May 2015:

HAL-Laundry-Bag-Price.jpg?i=1819610849

FWIW here is whats for lunch and dinner from Noordam, May 2015:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-alaska-inside-passage-noordam-7-day/

I have the On Locations if you are interested.

Edited by Crew News