Permission letters for traveling with grandchildren

We will be cruising with our grandaughter. We have a notorized permission letter but it is a copy. The origional is no longer abailable and it would be impossible to do another letter. Has anyone traveled with a copy? any problems?

Marcia

We will be cruising with our grandaughter. We have a notorized permission letter but it is a copy. The origional is no longer abailable and it would be impossible to do another letter. Has anyone traveled with a copy? any problems?

Marcia

That's like traveling with a copy of a passport to another country. You need an original notarized permission to travel letter, not a copy.

Mom needs to get the court's permission then. The old permission to travel letter wouldn't work anyway, even if you had the original, if it was for a past trip. You need a new one for each trip. I speak from experience as I am trying to get a letter from my ex for a planned trip, but he's currently "underground" as he doesn't wish to pay child support. These losers make a huge hassle for their children.

Mom needs to get the court's permission then. The old permission to travel letter wouldn't work anyway, even if you had the original, if it was for a past trip. You need a new one for each trip. I speak from experience as I am trying to get a letter from my ex for a planned trip, but he's currently "underground" as he doesn't wish to pay child support. These losers make a huge hassle for their children.[/QUO

Good post! Getting legal authorization from Court is the key.

Archived