Buying a 3 bottle wine package and drinking some in the room

cruz chic

On the Veendam in August we asked the wine steward to sell us a bottle of the house wine for our cabin, which he did..He delivered it to our table & we took it back to our cabin..

So don't see why you couldn't buy the wine package & ask to take one bottle to your cabin..

Please let us know how you make out..

Enjoy your cruise..:)Betty

If you don't think you can drink the three wine package, why don't you just bring on board the wine you want? There is no charge to carry wine onto HAL boats to drink in your room, and there is a $15 or $18 corkage fee to have your wine steward serve it at the meal. If you don't want to carry wine in your suitcase if you are flying to your departure port, I have found that most cabbies from the airport can get you to a liquor store close to the boat. I've also looked some up online using Mapquest and giving directions to cabbies when in doubt.

Thanks all. I'll let you know how it goes. I can't possibly carry another thing on the ship:D so I won't bring my own. My luggage, carry on and purse just about do me in so I'd rather pay for it. The price is right because I'm a 4 star so it's practically free;).

I cannot wait to get to 4 star to get those reduced prices! I agree with you that at that price, why bother to bring it on-board. I bet they let you take a bottle with you, as HAL is so accomidating and you did purchase the wine from them.

DaveOKC

The price is right because I'm a 4 star so it's practically free;).

Music to HAL's ears...

Glad to see the most frequent sailors are being looked after...

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your in cabin and out cabin "wine time"!!!!

:D:D:D

I'm going on a 7 day cruise next month. I won't be able to drink a 3 bottle package in the dining room so I was wondering if I could have one for my room. Has anyone done this? Thanks.

You can drink three bottles of wine by yourself on a 7 day cruise!:eek::eek::eek: I'm impressed!;)

We have definitely done this. There is absolutely no problem. If you are waiting until you board to order, just ask the wine steward to send the bottle you choose to your room. They are more than happy to oblige.

enjoy your cruise :D

Absolutely no problem. My TA often sends me a bottle of Champagne which I find in the cabin on arriving on the ship. I don't care for Champagne so I bring it to the Ocean Bar and they switch it for a bottle of white for me. I take it to the cabin and enjoy the sunsets even more.;):)

You can drink three bottles of wine by yourself on a 7 day cruise!:eek::eek::eek: I'm impressed!;)

It's going to be a struggle but I think I'm up for the challenge. I think 2 glasses of wine per dinner is not a lot. I'd probably have the other bottle over a few nights in my cabin. I'm willing to bet that my alcohol bill is a lot less then others:D.

HI,

Thank you Lorekauf for asking that question--I am on the O the week before you and like you would buy the 3 bottle package as it is such a great price for 4 star Mariners. I am going to try and get 1 bottle for my room , 1 for the Pinnacle and 1 for the dining room. Do you think that is asking too much?????

I am sure that you like me are ready to escape this lovely Alberta January!!!

I will keep the O in good shape for you

Sherlyn

HI,

Thank you Lorekauf for asking that question--I am on the O the week before you and like you would buy the 3 bottle package as it is such a great price for 4 star Mariners. I am going to try and get 1 bottle for my room , 1 for the Pinnacle and 1 for the dining room. Do you think that is asking too much?????

I am sure that you like me are ready to escape this lovely Alberta January!!!

I will keep the O in good shape for you

Sherlyn

Sounds like they will do it. I'm so done with this winter! I just got back from a cruise 6 days ago. That one doesn't count however because I went to celebrate my 50th birthday:D;). Keep the "O" in good shape for me and I'll try to whip up a chinook for you when you get back.

Have you thought about having the wine steward hold the bottle until the next day? I did that on my last cruise when my husband was taking pills for his sinus infection. And a couple at our table did the same as only the husband was drinking.

Have you thought about having the wine steward hold the bottle until the next day? I did that on my last cruise when my husband was taking pills for his sinus infection. And a couple at our table did the same as only the husband was drinking.

I do that all the time. I couldn't finish one bottle by myself a night so I don't really understand your question.

Archived