Reserving Cabana on Nieuw Amsterdam

blueboro

Can anyone tell me how you book the cabanas on Nieuw Amsterdam in advance? I have looked on the HAL website under "booked Guest" and I cannot find anything about reserving one. I thought you could reserve one in advance if you were booking for the entire week but had to wait until on board if you were looking to book for a day.

Call Ships Services as soon as you decide to book one--some weeks they fill up, other weeks not so much, but you don't want to lose out on one if you really want it. I highly recommend the Retreat Cabanas--not sure I can sail without one now! It was certainly the highlight of our most recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise.

Call Ships Services as soon as you decide to book one--some weeks they fill up, other weeks not so much, but you don't want to lose out on one if you really want it. I highly recommend the Retreat Cabanas--not sure I can sail without one now! It was certainly the highlight of our most recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise.

Thanks MauiGirl. Just to be sure...the Retreat Cabanas are the ones on a higher deck and the Lido Cabanas are the around the Lido pool....correct? Am I also correct in that the cost of the Retreat cabanas is higher than the Lido? Are they also limited to 2 adults? Thanks.

Thanks MauiGirl. Just to be sure...the Retreat Cabanas are the ones on a higher deck and the Lido Cabanas are the around the Lido pool....correct? Am I also correct in that the cost of the Retreat cabanas is higher than the Lido? Are they also limited to 2 adults? Thanks.

Here is the info on Both the Lido Mid Ship Pool Cabanas on Deck 9 Mid Ship, followed by the "Cabana Club" Deck 11 Aft. There is also a .pdf you can download to view the Cabana Club

Joanie

Lido midship pool cabanas. Eight private cabanas on Lido Deck, Midship.

[

Rental Period: Full day, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Price: $30 for port days and $50 for sea days

Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

[

Includes following services:

[

* Towel Setup

* Bathrobes

* Handheld fans

* I-Pod with preloaded music selection

* Discount on selected spa services for days in port only

* 1 Evian Mister per cabana

* Chilled water bottles setup

* Chilled fruit skewers served at 10:00am

* Fruit Basket

* Small menu for lunch service: we will serve poolside favorites in the cabanas as requested from either the Lido and the pool grill during regular opening hours

* Ice-cream tray silver service at 2:00 p.m.: tray with assortment of ice-cream and favorite condiments

* Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of house champagne at 03:00pm

[

Packages are also available at discounted rates for guests who wish to rent a cabana for the duration of the entire cruise and can be booked at the Reception Desk or Prebooked via Ships Services at 1-800-541-1576 (IRL_Joanie's Note: Pricing as of 17 July 2010)

"The Cabana Club" : Fourteen Tented Private Cabanas located on Deck 11 Observation Deck. One deck above the Lido Restaurant and the Lido Pools. Your own private oasis located high above the rest...our exclusive Cabana Club is the ultimate place to relax surrounded by healthy refreshments and luxurious amenities.

"The Cabana Club"

[

Rental Period: Full day, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Price: $45 for port days and $75 for sea days

Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

[

Includes following services:

[

* Towel Setup

* Bathrobes

* Handheld fans

* I-Pod with preloaded music selection

* Discount on selected spa services for days in port only

* 1 Evian Mister per cabana

* Chilled water bottles setup

* Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of champagne at 3:00 p.m.

* Food service Island with the following offerings: all food items will be served in small glass or porcelain cups. Healthy breakfast options like yogurts, cereal and muesli, fresh sliced fruit, a variety of “healthy bites” sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit juices and yogurt/buttermilk drinks at lunch and afternoon.

[

Packages are also available at discounted rates for guests who wish to rent a cabana for the duration of the entire cruise and can be booked at the Reception Desk or Prebooked via Ships Services at 1-800-541-1576 (IRL_Joanie's Note: Pricing as of 17 July 2010)

Download 2008 PDF file with info about The Retreat Cabanas HERE http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Eurodam-Retreat-Cabana-2008.pdf

You can also see the photos of both the Lido Pool Cabanas and the Cabana Club by going here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/index-2.html

Joanie

Can anyone tell me how you book the cabanas on Nieuw Amsterdam in advance? I have looked on the HAL website under "booked Guest" and I cannot find anything about reserving one. I thought you could reserve one in advance if you were booking for the entire week but had to wait until on board if you were looking to book for a day.

Call Ship Services, but note they can only book one if you want it for the entire duration of the cruise.

If you just want it for say "the sea days" then you have to cross your fingers and hope one is left when you board... and talk to the Front Office.

• 5 months later...

We just booked a lido cabana for our E Caribbean cruise on Eurodam in January. I don't know about the retreat cabanas, but they told me directly that they do not assign the Lido cabanas until boarding. I put in a request for a specific cabana and was told it would be "noted but not guaranteed." If you want a specific location, you can have them make a note of it and cross your fingers.

The cost for the Lido cabana for the week was $199. I think the retreat ones are $299 for the week.

We had the retreat one in January, and we got another one here in November, we booked the familly one, they are the one in the corners, it was 450, we possibly might have friends that will be joining us on the cruise so it will fit the 4 of us. They are 100% worth the week, i dont know how i will ever cruise again with out them. You can have visitors we talked to the cabana guys and they didnt really care at all. Cant wait to get there again this November.

I called ship services and booked one of the family ones for my January cruise. Also so you dont worry, it wont show up any where that you have paid for it in the reservation info on the HAl site. But when you check in they will know you booked and paid for it. I thought it would show up like the other stuff you pre pay for.

Archived