Elation Propulsion + 72$

rcrx

I would guess 12 to 15 knots was normal for traveling in the bay and once they get to international waters, they will speed up. The fact they left nearly on time today is a good sign. BTW, she is no longer reporting so she must now be out of range for this system (either that or it is turned off which I think they can do). I am sure we will here if she makes it to Progreso on time.

I was wondering why I was unable to find the Elation about 10 minutes later, to show my husband.

Do you think that they would turn off the system on purpose because they don't want her to be tracked?

When you purchased your cruise you agreed to the following:

The Vessel shall be entitled to leave and enter ports with or without pilots or tugs, to tow and assist other vessels in any circumstances, to return to or enter any port at the Master’s discretion and for any purpose and to deviate in any direction or for any purpose from the direct or usual course, and to omit or change any or all port calls, arrival or departure times, with or without notice, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to safety, security, adverse weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, civil unrest, port closings, emergency debarkations of Guests or crew, or late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, mechanical breakdowns, US or foreign governmental advisories or travel warnings, all such deviations being considered as forming part of and included in the proposed voyage.

Yes, it is a fairly all encompassing statement. The mistake that folks make is that they look at at cruise ship as a means of transportation and it's really not. A cruise ship is a destination unto itself.

Does anyone think the airlines would compensate you if you had to divert to an alternate airport due to weather? Nope... look at what happened recently with the snow storms in the east/northeast.

:)

I beg you . . . please stop for just a moment, step back, and think about what you posted above. Exactly where in the cruise purchase process did the person in question (or anyone for that matter) agree to that???

You've done a simple cut & paste of information from the CCL web site, as you've done on numerous occasions and, yes, we've all seen that posted here on Cruise Critic in defense of the cruise line owing bupkis to passengers no matter what the challenge prior to boarding, or once onboard. But is that what you agree to when booking?? Is it??

Actually, in the online booking process with the CCL web site, you get to the information page that has a box to check which reads:

[ . ] . .I agree to the Terms & Conditions

Probably, a majority of the booking passengers click the box without ever reading any of the details.

But, if someone actually does click on the link to read the contact details offered, they will see this . . .

RESERVATIONS: TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Cancellation Policy:

Cancellation Policy for Bookings Made On or After 04/05/2010

Length of Cruise . .Days Prior to Sailing . .Departure Charge (Per Guest)

2, 3, 4, & 5 day cruises Up to 61 days None (except for Cruises to Nowhere and Early Saver Fares*) 60 to 46 daysDeposit ^ 45 to 30 days 50% of Total Fare 29 to 15 days 75% of Total Fare 14 days or less100% of Total Fare

6, 7 & 8 day cruises Up to 76 days None (except for Early Saver Fares*)75 to 46 days Deposit 45 to 30 days 50% of Total Fare 29 to 15 days 75% of Total Fare 14 days or less 100% of Total Fare

Alaska Cruises, Cruise Tours and 10 day or longer cruises Up to 76 days None (except for Early Saver Fares*) 75 to 46 days Deposit 45 to 30 days 50% of Total Fare 29 to 15 days 75% of Total Fare 14 days or less 100% of Total Fare

7, 9 & 12 day Europe Cruises and Panama Canal Cruises Up to 91 days None (except for Early Saver Fares*) 90 to 56 days Deposit 55 to 30 days 50% of Total Fare 29 to 15 days 75% of Total Fare 14 days or less 100% of Total Fare All Cruises purchased under the Pack & Go program Any time after booking 100% of Total Fare

Total Fare is defined as Cruise Fare, Air Fare Supplement, Transfer Services and Pre-/Post-Cruise Vacation Packages.

*The deposit is non-refundable.

For Cruises to Nowhere, the cancellation charge is 25% of the total fare.

• Government fees/taxes are excluded from cancellation penalties.

• For special 3/4/5th guest rates, if the cancellation penalty exceeds the rate, the penalty will be equivalent to that rate. Reservations will be held until 30 minutes prior to departure without risk of automatic cancellation.

• No refunds will be made in the event of "no shows". We recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.

Service Charge:

A $100 service charge will be assessed for issuing prepaid airline tickets. A $50 service charge will be assessed within 60 days of departure for the following:

a. any cruise or vacation package changes (per guest, per change), except for stateroom upgrades or the addition of services;

b. any change from Fly Aweigh to Cruise Only status and changes to Fly Aweigh cities (per guest, per change) and c. research and/or providing copies of airline tickets or other documentation subsequent to your cruise (per request, payable in advance).

Early Saver Fares:

Service Charge

A $50 service charge will be assessed per person for ship and/or sailing date changes made prior to the final payment due date.

Price Protection

In the event you find a lower rate, the difference in rate will be issued as an on-board credit. Offer is only applicable to customers who purchased Carnival’s Early Saver fares (cruise portion only). Requests will be accepted up to 2 days prior to sailing.

1. The lower rate must be a Carnival.com or Carnival advertised rate available to the general public and excludes group, membership programs, charter or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.
  2. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) be a Carnival advertised rate and (iii) be available for booking at the time the request is submitted, as determined by Carnival’s reservation agents.
  3. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.
  4. When submitting the claim, you must provide the lower rare amount and where the lower rate can be found.
  5. Claims will be processed within 2 business days.
  6. Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit. The on-board credit is non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited.

Conditions:

United States and Canadian guests need proof of citizenship (valid passport - or birth certificate - or - copy of a birth certificate with a raised seal - and - a picture I.D). Aliens need a valid passport and a valid U.S. Multiple Re-Entry Visa. Resident Aliens and Aliens must contact the appropriate consulate to inquire about necessary travel documentation. Note: For all Non-U.S. Citizens, please update the Immigration Information to indicate the correct citizenship.

Carnival Cruise Lines must be advised of any medical or special requirements of guests at the time of booking under Special Services Medical Advisory. A Reservation Agent from the Special Needs Desk will contact you for information.

Guests who are 24 weeks or more into their pregnancy on the date of embarkation will not be allowed to sail. Pregnant women less than 24 weeks must submit, prior to departure, a letter from her attending physician certifying the gestational period and that the expecting mother is fit to sail.

Air is on request for all Fly-Aweigh bookings made within seven days of sailing. The AirSea Department will call back and advise if air is not confirmed within 1 business day after the booking has been made definite with payment. Air is on request for all Fly-Aweigh bookings during Presidents Week - Easter - Thanksgiving - Christmas - New Years. The AirSea Department will call back and advise if air is not confirmed within 2 business days after the booking has been made definite with payment. Air may also be on request for other sailing's not listed above due to air availability restrictions. For these sailing's only, you will be notified by telephone that the air is on request. The AirSea Department will call back and advise if air is not confirmed within 2 business days after the booking had been made definite. Due to limited availability for peak travel dates, non-prime air schedules, charters and overnights may be assigned.

For specific needs, contact Carnival Cruise Lines Deviation Desk at 800 321-6666. Please review the Fly-Aweigh Conditions and restrictions section in the brochure.

Guests are required to be 21 years old to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent, relative or guardian 25 or older in either the same stateroom, staterooms side by side or directly facing each other across the hall. TBA cabins do not qualify

Exceptions to this policy are married minor couples providing proof; same sex union minor couples providing proof; and qualified military personnel providing proof.

Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. No exceptions will be made at embarkation. Infants must be at least 6 months of age at the time of embarkation in order to sail. Infants must be at least 12 months of age at the time of embarkation to sail on all Transatlantic, Hawaii or South America cruises.

For bookings made with options of two days or less, payment (other than credit card payments) must be express mailed to Carnival.

Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom if a stateroom is booked with fewer than the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate; or when a partial guest cancellation occurs and the remaining number of Guests do not match the maximum number of guests the stateroom can accommodate.

That is 100% of what is offered online when booking. The Cancellation Policy chart doesn't duplicate well with my cut & paste, but I can offer that the information included does not match what you posted earlier.

What you posted is correct, and current (but from a separate info source). The information I provided that populates for people booking cruises even today is outdated, and missing some details . . . some of which have been missing for years, and CCL had been advised of that.

I would like to ask that you do a mock booking onlin right now, click on the provided legalese, and see if I'm correct in my comment(s) or not.

And, worse, if you book over the phone with credit card, how much of the above jargon is verbalized to you prior to the card being charged??

Thanks for any response.

I know that the cruise contract says that no ports are guaranteed. I also know that they will refund you the port taxes you paid if you miss a port. However, if you miss a port because the ship is broken and not because of acts of God; i.e., weather - they should give you more than $72 back.

DON

it is one thing for one sailing to be screwed up, but if they continue to load up the ship and go in circles that borders on fraud. yes, everyone knows things can happen and ports missed and like it or not we live with it but i will be some sort of pissed to go in circles knowing they didn't FIX the problem, just PATCH it up for more of the same. they could take the 72.00 and stuff it at that point.

I was wondering why I was unable to find the Elation about 10 minutes later, to show my husband.

Do you think that they would turn off the system on purpose because they don't want her to be tracked?

I don't think so.... that system does have holes in it... a lot of the middle of the gulf is not tracked.

what I really want to know is why the OP reported one thing and HOST MACH reported something different. and I want to know from HOST MACH? I totally understand the contract and stuff but why isn't quoting Carnival accurate per the OP?

It sounds to me that the $72.00 was possibly port fees re-imbursed...could this be the situation?

Carnival isnt going to ever answer that question .. we have asked to have the port fees broken down by port. It apparantly is closely guarded info.

I think some people are worrying too much about what could happen in the future .. until we know that Carnival is wrong, and the ship isnt fixed, why get all up in arms about a future cruise.

I do know how you feel about facts not forthcoming. I was on Conquest when Ike hit Galveston. We were not told until 12 hours before we came into New Orleans.. no time to prepare hardly, it was a madhouse, no sleep, 3 am finally got a outside line to get to transportation home. Desk unprepared with phone numbers. Desk hung up on people called from their cabins... I always hear "carnival did the best they can" but I can tell you I was unhappy with how it was handled .. not blaming Carnival for the weather, but how it was handled. People on CC seem to not understand my point. I said at that point, I might never do Carnival again, thats how upset I was at how it was handled.

I think you are going to have to decide yourself how you feel it was handled .. carnival is known to not handle emergencies the best, but I thought they were improving after our fiasco.

I know exactly what you mean.

I guess that for those who have not experienced Carnival's shortcomings in communication and handling customer service problems it is difficult to even imagine how frustrating it is not to get straight and truthful informtion.

I sail Carnival for relatively close ports and a good price. However, I understand that when things go wrong Carnival is likely to treat me like cargo.

And for people who are in jobs or careers that entail providing information and service to customers being treated like cargo is shocking.

If you don't know what I mean then it hasn't happened to you...yet.:rolleyes:

On the other hand, two years ago DH and I were informed as we pulled into the parking garage in Mobile that the Holiday had unrepaired propulsion problems and would have a short stay in Cozumel and no other ports.

Naturally we were not turning around at that point.

The weather was freezing cold and it stormed ...a lot!

The ship was late getting back.

We had a great time.

The cold and rain and big waves were great fun.

And it is actually my favorite cruise yet.:)

I am a first time cruiser and now last time. I cant believe I spent over $400 to ride around in a boat playing bingo. (due to the weather the lido deck was windy and very cold therefor unenjoyable). But the weather I realize carnival cannot control, so for that I dont blame them for. What I am not happy about is the fact that I took a week off work to go on a 5 day cruise for 2-3 hours of daylight in mexico. The communication was absolutely horrible. We weren't told but very few details ahead of time. We didnt find out we werent going to calica until AFTER I had gotten back on the ship from cozumel(where every water activity had been cancelled). So what do they give me as compensation for my 400+ trip? $50. plus $22.50 for ports taxes and whatever from calica(that they have to refund). That seemed like an insult! We all were told that "theres nothing we can do" by the guest relations staff. BULL. I love how the person directly above the guest services staff was nowhere to be seen. He just let everyone complain to those poor people behind the counter. All this because of an engine malfunction 2 months after the splendor incident. Ive heard alot of rumors and whatnot concerning the engines, but since they are only rumors I will not post them. All we were told is a propulsion issue was the cause...but there was an announcement before we even left Mobile (causing a late departure) of some technical issues or checks being conducted. Im not sure what that was about but Im sure thats where the rumors are coming from. All in all with my experiences and the way I was treated by the guest relations staff. I will NEVER sail with them again. I will make pretty darn sure that everyone I know wont either.

Don't let a first bad cruise discourage you from trying again (Carnival or others). We have cruise over 20 times on Carnival, NCL, and RCL and never had an experience this bad. In fact, I don't think we have ever missed a port.

Also, missing a port you dock at is very very rare. This time of year, cruises which tender a port miss those stops a lot because of weather. The weather this year has been very bad everywhere (bad from Cozumel is 70 and rain.... much better than snow and ice and cold in the upper US, though). Try a 2nd cruise and I am sure things will be much better.

When you purchased your cruise you agreed to the following:

The Vessel shall be entitled to leave and enter ports with or without pilots or tugs, to tow and assist other vessels in any circumstances, to return to or enter any port at the Master’s discretion and for any purpose and to deviate in any direction or for any purpose from the direct or usual course, and to omit or change any or all port calls, arrival or departure times, with or without notice, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to safety, security, adverse weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, civil unrest, port closings, emergency debarkations of Guests or crew, or late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, mechanical breakdowns, US or foreign governmental advisories or travel warnings, all such deviations being considered as forming part of and included in the proposed voyage.

Yes, it is a fairly all encompassing statement. The mistake that folks make is that they look at at cruise ship as a means of transportation and it's really not. A cruise ship is a destination unto itself.

Does anyone think the airlines would compensate you if you had to divert to an alternate airport due to weather? Nope... look at what happened recently with the snow storms in the east/northeast.

:)

No, the mistake people make is they expect to get the vacation that they paid for. When it is less than what they expected and paid for, they are upset. No amount of rhetoric, inaccurate "official" statements, one sided take it or leave it cruise contract quoting and cheerleader bandwagoning is going to make them feel better.

And this had nothing to do with weather at all, it was mechanical failure by a Carnival ship that caused the problems.

No, the mistake people make is they expect to get the vacation that they paid for. When it is less than what they expected and paid for, they are upset. No amount of rhetoric, inaccurate "official" statements, one sided take it or leave it cruise contract quoting and cheerleader bandwagoning is going to make them feel better.

And this had nothing to do with weather at all, it was mechanical failure by a Carnival ship that caused the problems.

I think the mistake more people make is being "tourists" instead of "travelers".

I think the mistake more people make is being "tourists" instead of "travelers".

Pardon??? This entire thread has nothing to do with being a tourist vs a traveler. It is about people who paid good money for a vacation that they most likely only have one week a year to do and them not getting the perceived value for said vacation.

I've been in their boat (pun intended) and it sucks. Perhaps if I had the means to sail every 2 months like some on these boards, I may feel like I should put on the cheerleader outfit. It is insulting to those of us who have to wait at least a year if not longer in order to have a nice vacation. The ship will never be my destination, ever. I like being a bus rider:D

I am a first time cruiser and now last time. I cant believe I spent over $400 to ride around in a boat playing bingo. (due to the weather the lido deck was windy and very cold therefor unenjoyable). But the weather I realize carnival cannot control, so for that I dont blame them for. What I am not happy about is the fact that I took a week off work to go on a 5 day cruise for 2-3 hours of daylight in mexico. The communication was absolutely horrible. We weren't told but very few details ahead of time. We didnt find out we werent going to calica until AFTER I had gotten back on the ship from cozumel(where every water activity had been cancelled). So what do they give me as compensation for my 400+ trip? $50. plus $22.50 for ports taxes and whatever from calica(that they have to refund). That seemed like an insult! We all were told that "theres nothing we can do" by the guest relations staff. BULL. I love how the person directly above the guest services staff was nowhere to be seen. He just let everyone complain to those poor people behind the counter. All this because of an engine malfunction 2 months after the splendor incident. Ive heard alot of rumors and whatnot concerning the engines, but since they are only rumors I will not post them. All we were told is a propulsion issue was the cause...but there was an announcement before we even left Mobile (causing a late departure) of some technical issues or checks being conducted. Im not sure what that was about but Im sure thats where the rumors are coming from. All in all with my experiences and the way I was treated by the guest relations staff. I will NEVER sail with them again. I will make pretty darn sure that everyone I know wont either.

While I feel your pain timinquincy, your "threat" of "I will make darn sure that everyone I know won't either" is 100% irrelevant. I have been on these boards for a few years, have been sailing since 1984 and have seen good and bad on all the lines I've been on--many of which are no longer in business. Carnival, like NCL, RCI, and most other mass lines, is a multi-billion dollar company with literally hundreds of thousands of new people sailing each year. Of those sailings, there may be a small fraction who you just cannot please no matter what, and a small fraction who just have a bad cruise, like the OP did. Depending on the severity of the situation, Carnival, like others, handles it very well. For example, the Splendor folks got all their money back for the fire cruise, AND an entire extra cruise for free for their woes. If a company like Carnival or RCI or NCL was completely dependent on word of mouth for business, well, they'd still be multi-billion dollar companies. They don't have to care if you and 4000 of your best friends never sail again (you can read disses of all the cruise lines in many places on the internet), because they will likely add that many NEW passengers in a week. And 3900 of those will have a fantastic cruise and tell everyone they know. You get the idea.

It has been common knowledge on this board and many other places on the internet that Carnival's customer service is horrible. I go into each and every sailing knowing that, if something happens, I am SOL. However, I am also one of those people who who've made the fire cruise an adventure and been exceedingly happy with my money back AND a future cruise!! It's like LHP said, there is a HUGE difference between tourists and travelers. I know that telling everyone you know about your horrible week will make you feel better, so I hope that is your goal, as anything else will fall on deaf ears.

One thing that keeps going through my mind about missing the port is that it is a ferry ride away literally. Alot of people before they started stopping in Calica have taken a ferry from Cozumel to get over there to do excursions to Tulum and such. So just limp over there and have more time to get someone to help with the fix. I have missed a port with Carnival before and the only thing they gave us too was the port fees of something like $20 and said it was weather related however the weather was great, not a huge deal to me even though I had never been to that port nor have I had the chance to go back(it was Progreso about 9yrs ago) but yes their customer service was terrible. We have also been on a ship that they were filming on and that was real bother because they would shut down different parts of the ship for them at times ie pools, deck waterslides etc it was not so nice considering our kids then would miss out on that for that time span. Our daughter is booked on the Elation for Feb, she would have to cancel today to be within her 72 hr time frame to cancel without penalty and I don't know what to advice her to do myself. Doesn't sound like the weather has been to nice either. :(

Sorry to hear your trip turned out like it did and you made circles in not so nice weather. Sad thing is even if you have bought their insurance it doesn't do a thing to help you in this case.

Pardon??? This entire thread has nothing to do with being a tourist vs a traveler. It is about people who paid good money for a vacation that they most likely only have one week a year to do and them not getting the perceived value for said vacation.

I've been in their boat (pun intended) and it sucks. Perhaps if I had the means to sail every 2 months like some on these boards, I may feel like I should put on the cheerleader outfit. It is insulting to those of us who have to wait at least a year if not longer in order to have a nice vacation. The ship will never be my destination, ever. I like being a bus rider:D

kerrytens, you are missing LHP's point. I only get a week a year also. The point is to go into each and every vacation hoping for the best, expecting the worst, and going with whatever happens. If I set my expectations that each and every trip I go on is going to meet or exceed my every idea of bliss, well, then I am setting myself up for a very hard fall indeed, if something goes wrong. It is completely unrealistic to expect that anything mechanical (be it plane, train, ship or automobile) is not going to break. It is unrealistic to think that pipes can't break and flood an entire floor of a hotel. I could go on, but you get the idea. Caca happens. It's called LIFE. That is how tourists travel. Travelers go into each and every trip knowing that, from the minute they leave the house, anything can happen. If something does, they try to figure out how to make the best of it, and see it for the adventure it is.

I heard a saying once that seems apropos in this situation: expectations are pre-planned resentments. How true that appears to be.

If you don't know what I mean then it hasn't happened to you...yet

+2

Truer words were never spoken.

And Mach, when engines quit on an airplane you can bet money changes hands! Millions.

I guess we're fortunate that Carnival is not in the airline business?

kerrytens, you are missing LHP's point. I only get a week a year also. The point is to go into each and every vacation hoping for the best, expecting the worst, and going with whatever happens. If I set my expectations that each and every trip I go on is going to meet or exceed my every idea of bliss, well, then I am setting myself up for a very hard fall indeed, if something goes wrong. It is completely unrealistic to expect that anything mechanical (be it plane, train, ship or automobile) is not going to break. It is unrealistic to think that pipes can't break and flood an entire floor of a hotel. I could go on, but you get the idea. Caca happens. It's called LIFE. That is how tourists travel. Travelers go into each and every trip knowing that, from the minute they leave the house, anything can happen. If something does, they try to figure out how to make the best of it, and see it for the adventure it is.

I heard a saying once that seems apropos in this situation: expectations are pre-planned resentments. How true that appears to be.

No, didn't miss her point at all. While I appreciate the pep talk, you really have no idea what kind of person I am.

I will never lower my expectations for anything, vacations included. Expecting the worst in everything is a very self defeating attitude in my mind. When you expect the best, you often receive the best. When you don't, you fight to get proper compensation to bring up that perceived value. That has always been my philosophy in life and I don't plan on changing it.

'LIFE' doesn't have to be full of caca. Just saying;)

No, didn't miss her point at all. While I appreciate the pep talk, you really have no idea what kind of person I am.

I will never lower my expectations for anything, vacations included. Expecting the worst in everything is a very self defeating attitude in my mind. When you expect the best, you often receive the best. When you don't, you fight to get proper compensation to bring up that perceived value. That has always been my philosophy in life and I don't plan on changing it.

'LIFE' doesn't have to be full of caca. Just saying;)

No, it doesn't have to be, but it is. Have you ever met anyone who has had a perfect life? If so, please introduce me. I would love to meet this person!!! I don't expect the best because, as noted, unless you are the aforementioned perfect life person, stuff does happen. If I expect that the best is going to happen, and it doesn't, it makes for a MUCH harder fall than if I go in understanding that stuff happens, and if my trip is not perfect, oh well. When I read posts from people who go into things expecting the best, you can bet their rant when it falls is going to be much worse than that from someone who can make the best of any situation.

+2

Truer words were never spoken.

And Mach, when engines quit on an airplane you can bet money changes hands! Millions.

I guess we're fortunate that Carnival is not in the airline business?

Comparing a cruise to plane flight is not quite the same..... when the motor dies on cruise ship..... you are late to or miss your next stop. When the motor dies on an airplane.....you die....

A cruise in some ways is your destination. It is your plane (or car), hotel, restaurant, and even night life. It is more than just a way to get from point A to point B. If you just want that, then other transportation, it is much faster.

Comparing a cruise to plane flight is not quite the same..... when the motor dies on cruise ship..... you are late to or miss your next stop. When the motor dies on an airplane.....you die....

A cruise in some ways is your destination. It is your plane (or car), hotel, restaurant, and even night life. It is more than just a way to get from point A to point B. If you just want that, then other transportation, it is much faster.

Not exactly. Two years ago, flying out if Atlanta in route to Phoenix in a 757 we lost an engine. We had to make an emergency landing in Birmingham (with the whole head between the legs, assume you are going to die position). Want to know what Delta gave us? A night in a hotel (from 3AM-7AM when we had to take off again), and double airline miles. HAHAHAHAHA!! This for missing my BIL's wedding that my husband was to be the best man at. THIS is why I never expect the best. Stuff happens. Delta was no more going to "make good" on that, then Carnival will for the OP of this thread. They don't have to and could care less if I never fly with them again. And so it goes.

All i have to say is After 13 Carnival Cruises had a Missed Port GC once it was for weather which i didnt understand since it where sunny and the water looked calm and another ship was tendering in but o well and we recvd 20.00pp which i felt was not adequate looking as I was in a Grand Suite and spent over 2500 dollars for the room for two people but i took it with a grain of salt o and by the way the other people in the other suites where part of a group Poker Tournament and they recvd more compensation which made me even more MAD and i almost left carnival @ that point because they didnt want to piss off the Poker people who PAID PRETTY MUCH NOTHING FOR THERE ROOM .....

But Back to the issue @ Hand i paid for a cruise to Progresso and Cozumel in two weeks and if they think they would take me out and go circles and made a short stop in Cozumel and i'm suppose to be Happy makes no since and i don't understand where people feel this is right and throwing contracts up is terrible as a excuse to not make the issue right and i would take my business else where if it where to happen being they knew it was due to engine issues that they where aware and neglected to fix but i'm crossing my fingers it never gets to this and the issue is fixed

No, it doesn't have to be, but it is. Have you ever met anyone who has had a perfect life? If so, please introduce me. I would love to meet this person!!! I don't expect the best because, as noted, unless you are the aforementioned perfect life person, stuff does happen. If I expect that the best is going to happen, and it doesn't, it makes for a MUCH harder fall than if I go in understanding that stuff happens, and if my trip is not perfect, oh well. When I read posts from people who go into things expecting the best, you can bet their rant when it falls is going to be much worse than that from someone who can make the best of any situation.

I guess you never read my review of my 'cruise to nowhere' then. There was no 'ranting' as a matter of fact it was full of compliments to the staff and ship. There is no hard falling when things don't go as planned, there is readjusting and that is what I did in that particular case. Did I expect more?? Absolutely. Did I fall HARD?? No way. You can easily have an optimistic point of view, expecting the best and then roll with the punches. It is rather easy actually.

We obviously have opposite points of view here. There really is no one who can say one is right and one is wrong. I believe that people should be treated fairly. As I have said many times, CCL seems to write the manual as they go along. That will always be my point at the end of the day.

Traveler/tourist, whatever your definition, I really don't care. Fairness - that I care about.

Archived