How to buy a onboard gift for cruiseing friends

jdmaillet

Hi- I have a friend who will be cruising soon and I'd like to surprise her with a bday gift in the cabin. Maybe a gift certificate for a spa service or just something special. When I try to look at what's available online it asks for a booking number which I don't have. Also, I want a chance to browse thru to see what they have available. Any advice for me? They leave this weekend?

do you know the room number? I believe if you do, then you can still order. You may have to call to do it. Or, if you don't call, and I think they can help you. I have ordered before without knowing the booking number and it arrived just fine.

I would call Ship Services as KK mentioned but you are definitely not too late. HAL is one of the few cruise lines that you can purchase a gift after the cruise has already left and they will still get them the gift. So say it sails on Sunday and you forget and do not call till Monday the day after you can still get them the gift :)

One thing I learned yesterday when I phoned ship services-

When buying a cabin credit (and maybe other things too???) buy it for an 'at sea day'. It will still be there in the room when you get on board, but you will avoid paying tax on the credit.

• 2 weeks later...
When buying a cabin credit (and maybe other things too???) buy it for an 'at sea day'. It will still be there in the room when you get on board, but you will avoid paying tax on the credit.

Thanks sportsmum for this tip- I nearly lost $40 in tax buying onboard credit as I had selected delivery in port. Really appreciate the advice!

Hi- I have a friend who will be cruising soon and I'd like to surprise her with a bday gift in the cabin. Maybe a gift certificate for a spa service or just something special. When I try to look at what's available online it asks for a booking number which I don't have. Also, I want a chance to browse thru to see what they have available. Any advice for me? They leave this weekend?

Ship Services can assist. They'll look them up in the system (hopefully some part of at least on of their names is somewhat unique... if it's John and Jane Smith it could get a little tricky) but it's definitely not out of the ordinary or too difficult

Archived