FOX on HAL?

mllewis48

My favorite channel for news and information when I am on a cruise is that channel where they have a camera looking out at the front of the ship. It's got everything I want.

I'm with you Doc! I get all the news I need from the internet. Have no desire to watch talking heads of ANY political persuasion.:D

I'd like to see all 3 news networks. Then everyone would be happy maybe.

There are lot of really interesting news sources out there.

Al Jazeera should be thrown into the blend, with a liberal amount of BBC and a dash of RT.

I don't think HAL can win regardless of what it does.

Fox is tailored to an American audience so it seems natural to try get that one. No one should get their news from only one source, but a cruise isn't a current events seminar.

HAL does a good job of providing programming in my opinion.

Smooth sailing...

Non-Americans reading this thread must think we are all crazy. To give a little perspective here, consider the following:

The combined populations of Belgium, Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Holland, Norway, Greece, and Sweden is app. 408 million and I suspect most would agree is a pretty diverse group.

The population of the USA is app. 312 million and is also a pretty diverse group. According to a Gallup poll in June 2010 we are generally divided politically into three political categories:

App 42% identify themselves as conservative

App 35% identify themselves as moderates

App 20% identify themselves as liberals

Just like YOUR countries, the right wingers think the liberals are nuts. The liberals think that the right wingers are nuts.

The moderates think that they are BOTH nuts.

Politics made easy!;)

The original question was answered long ago and the devolution of this thread into politics rather than what channels are carried on HAL has caused this thread to be closed.

Archived