Info about "gift preferences" for D and D plus

39august

I just called the D+ Desk to find out why our early seating on EN for the April 2nd cruise was changed from 6 to 5:30. Of course, nobody had an answer.

Soooo, since I had her on the line I asked about the amenities. What Carol posted above.......... I have this to add to the list.........the writers did not check with the people in charge to make sure what was written read correctly before it went to print!!

Now I was told it is "1" amenity per cabin and if you are over 49 credits (or whatever point limit it is now) you get a second amenity for cruises 7 nights or longer.

Sooooo, I brought up Footnote #9 and how it reads "Bonus gift of your choice will be chosen from a pre-selected list for each guest". I was told it was 1 amenity per stateroom.........not per guest.:eek:

Told her that since it's in black & white on the website, how are they going to handle it. She said she would pass on the info.:rolleyes:

Also mentioned the fact that when doing a b2b how do you order for the second cruise when it only allows you to enter in info for only one cruise. She told me to use the ship's computer when we first arrive on the ship for the first cruise. :eek: I then asked her if I could call prior to leaving and have both cruises taken care of and she said Yes.

Anybody want to try and call and see what answer they get. Me things an email to somebody up in the office located on the top floor is needed.

I don't know Peggy. I would feel better calling prior to leaving like we've done in the past. There's just something about a soothing/raspy/irritating voice that gives me the warm fuzzy feeling all over.:p

Yes, you can go to the website, but since RCI remodeled their website they didn't send the new programing set up to the ships so that they could update their sites. On EN it was pure frustration for 12 days. It would lock up and you couldn't check future cruises or get into your MyCruises Account. Others off other ships had the same problem.

Oh, yes, a phone call then. But, we will be b2b2b, so I will call the day we leave on the first to change the preferences for the 2nd and 3rd. First cruise we want wine for the family.

I just read the wine in the goody basket is two individual bottles of house wine. That's OK, it's still wine, but that won't be going into the dining room. I wonder with the itty-bitty bottles if they charge to unscrew the tops?? :D

To create one for my husband - just went to RCCL.com and went

to my cruise.

Instead of entering my username and password made a new one for

my husband and his email account (it is different than mine)

Voila' we both have one now ! :)

I just called the D+ Desk to find out why our early seating on EN for the April 2nd cruise was changed from 6 to 5:30. Of course, nobody had an answer.

Soooo, since I had her on the line I asked about the amenities. What Carol posted above.......... I have this to add to the list.........the writers did not check with the people in charge to make sure what was written read correctly before it went to print!!

Now I was told it is "1" amenity per cabin and if you are over 49 credits (or whatever point limit it is now) you get a second amenity for cruises 7 nights or longer.

Sooooo, I brought up Footnote #9 and how it reads "Bonus gift of your choice will be chosen from a pre-selected list for each guest". I was told it was 1 amenity per stateroom.........not per guest.:eek:

Told her that since it's in black & white on the website, how are they going to handle it. She said she would pass on the info.:rolleyes:

Also mentioned the fact that when doing a b2b how do you order for the second cruise when it only allows you to enter in info for only one cruise. She told me to use the ship's computer when we first arrive on the ship for the first cruise. :eek: I then asked her if I could call prior to leaving and have both cruises taken care of and she said Yes.

Anybody want to try and call and see what answer they get. Me things an email to somebody up in the office located on the top floor is needed.

I feel sorry for the C&A phone reps. Each time Royal makes a major change in their policies or programs, it seems like the C&A reps are poorly informed. Many situations seem to be unexpected, such as the folks whose cruises ended on or before 1/20, but whose credits had not posted before the conversion to points. Royal could not anticipate this situation, come up with a policy, and properly inform the reps? They really have a serious communications problem, and they do it again and again.

Wow, I am shocked. :D Just shocked :D, that there might be typographical errors of that magnitude on the new website. :rolleyes::D (Not really)

So they are saying that nothing has changed, and it is one amenity per stateroom. (The gift basket with beverage) and a bonus amenity (D+) that includes, wine, or towel or tote, etc? That's fine, still very generous of the cruise line. :)

Archived