Birmingham Thomson Flight delayed yet again

andyc567

Call ne nosey if you like, but I tend to keep an eye on friday's Thomson charter to Bridgetown as we will be on the self same Friday flight in a few weeks.

Well today is Friday at 11:30, and yet again the 09:20 Thompson charter is delayed, with no information as to when it will depart.

So, another 2 hours late and counting..

This happens every week, well it certainly has for the last 4 weeks I have been watching it, and is now becoming a concern for our forthcomming cruise.

Has anyone experience of Thomson, are they always subject to major delays, or do they ever depart on time ?

Who knows when todays flight will finally depart, I bet the departure lounge is full of angry P&O customers yet again !!

Hi Andy, We were due to fly Thomsons from Manchester today at 9-35am got phone call from P&O yesterday morning advising us flight nw delayed until 17-50.

Reason plane in Bridgetown needed a repair doing.

This is going to make us very late getting to the ship and of course its a bugger as we have a excursion booked for 8-30am Saturday.

Must go now as we need to get to the Airport fingers crossed that it does fly on 17-50.

Last year we had no trouble went exactly the same time.

Thanks for that Tudorln, I hope your flight gets away and that you have a great cruise..

Hopefuly you will get some compensation for the delay in way of on board credit.

Like yourself, we have a excursion booked for the Saturday morning after we arrive, so it will definately take the gloss off that if there is a flight delay.

It is a bit of a theme though, P&O charter flights with Thomson always delayed.

Why can't these airlines operate as specified, really mucks everyone about especially if there is no information like there usually isn't.

The Thomsons flight to Gatwick yesterday from La Romana had a substitute aircraft and the captain said the reason was a broken down plane in Barbados a few days earlier. This causes a knock on effect for several days as the planes may be in the wrong place etc. Having been on 16 Thomsons flights I have experienced several delays but none were the fault of the airline as such. The flight yesterday left and arrived on time although the substitute plane did not have enough premium seats which upset a few passengers. I think the legroom is generous anyway and would not pay extra for a premium seat.

Hi,

My husband and I were on the Manchester flight from Barbados on Friday 28th January.

Just to clarify, this was the flight situation and it is not true that all flights were delayed.

Manchester Flight - ON TIME - although it was 25 minutes waiting on the runway for a flight slot.

Gatwick - One of the flights was ON TIME, the other was delayed but when we left Ventura at 12.15 the flight time for the delayed flight was not showing.

Birmingham - Delayed by three and a half hours

Leeds Bradford -Eight hours delayed

P & O were giving passengers on the Leeds Bradford flight cabins and as far as I know arranged for their luggage to be brought back on board.

All other passengers were allowed to retain their cabins until 10am instead of 9am.

Flights to and from holidays can quite often be a bit traumatic, and waiting around in airport depature lounges is not very pleasant.

But the major benefit with P&O Barbados charters is that you know the ship will almost always wait for you, remember there will be about 200 current passengers waiting to fly back on your plane, so unless the delay is likely to be several days you will eventually get your cruise.

However if you're flying with a scheduled airline and you miss the sailing time then it's doubtful the captain will wait for you.

Just imagine the extra stress levels for others in these circumstances, then sit back relax and let a peaceful smile cross your face, rather like the old Hamlet adverts.

Archived