Dreaming...New Build, what do you want?

mgg42

oh my god, I posted this video on the Carnival forum, alot of kids over there. They immediately start bashing RCCL and say that concept ship is really dumb and no one wants those "gimmicks" and just go on a torrent against RCCL. Very pricky over there. How can anyone be against more options then just a basketball court and a swimming pool? People who bash more options are still a mystery to me.

What happened over there is normal for about four of the posters on that thread. It actually is amusing to read but sad that most of it is garbage. It also doesn't pay to try and discuss it as you can't match wits with the unarmed.

I think cruise ships are missing a big element. A fancy seafood restaurant. Ya know?

I think the issue with offering a more upscale seafood specialty restaurant is the freshness of the seafood. The ship would be required to purchase seafood in the ports of call if they are going to truly have an upscale experience. All seafood now if frozen. But I do agree with you.:)

Love the idea of a Lazy River around the outer rim of the ship. I could do with less shopping venues. RCI got it right with the Radiance Class, and made a nice improvement with the addition of the Royal Promanade.

Soemthing between Radiance and Voyager would be great size wise. Cabin sizes starting at about the size of a Junior Suite would be great, too, but I don't see that happening.

Can they fit a flowrider on something that would be smaller than Voyager? We haven't been on a ship with one yet, but it does seem like people like them.

Would they include "Loft" cabins? Those look pretty awesome.

More no fee eating places than on the current small ships. Especially for breakfast and lunch.

The bungee trampoline on Enchantment looked pretty cool.

How much liability would be involved in setting up a skateboard/rollerblade park with the ramps and half pipes?

oh my god, I posted this video on the Carnival forum, alot of kids over there. They immediately start bashing RCCL and say that concept ship is really dumb and no one wants those "gimmicks" and just go on a torrent against RCCL. Very pricky over there. How can anyone be against more options then just a basketball court and a swimming pool? People who bash more options are still a mystery to me.

Yeah, I just read that thread. You certainly did a nice job of chumming the waters with comments like this one:

"Nice to talk with you Firefly, only person who sounds adult and human. Sorry for the signature guys but no need for pricky replies. Cheers."

So part way through a lighthearted debate where people joked that Carnival's answer to Oasis and Allure were big profits, you decided to announce the only one person on the thread sounded "adult and human". And you think thay bash for no reason at all>:rolleyes:

A few more of your comments:

"Oh just naturally mean spirited, gotcha."

"I find it funny how childish adults can get about things."

Oooh, here's another good one!

:Sarge as you said, options suck and are stupid. So I will send you that Motel 8 brochure the one with a pool and waterslide. Way cheaper too. You never did tell us your age by the way. I hope its no older then 17."

Maybe not a ship issue, but I just want to see more exotic choices in the Caribbean. My next cruise, St. Thomas will be my third time. We need a ship that could go to, Guadalupe, Gerneda, etc.

I like the Lazy river idea, I would love the dining room areas to be all glass, so that everyone can see the view when eating.

I like the idea that Carnival has by making more of the Promenade deck. RCCL should see what else they could do with such a dated feature.
Are you referring to the deck that the Royal Promenade is on???? And if so what do you mean by "a dated feature?"

I like that idea. Maybe, instead of having an inward-facing Royal Promenade, they could have the shops lined up along the outward-facing promenade deck. I guess the only downside would be that the shops would be inaccessible when the seas are rough and they have to close the promenade.
Why on earth, never mind:rolleyes:

Actually, you just sprang up a good idea. Move the Boardwalk to the promenade deck. It would make total sense. Make the promenade deck have that boardwalk floor, ya know wooden. Have games, food, shops, whatever else along the outside of the ship, some with dual entry. Make it wrap around. It would truly feel just like a boardwalk!!!! Oh man RCCL needs to hire me for brainstorming.
Now I know why I never ever mix my meds!!;):D

It's one thing to give an opinion but another to pass things off as "facts" which is what some are doing on that thread. There are people that come to the boards to learn about cruising and cruise lines. Most of what was posted is pure garbage. You be the judge.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1348604

I also agree that the cruise lines take ideas from one another but Carnival is clearly the one taking the ideas and not giving . RCI is clearly the innovator when it comes to ships. They are the first for many. About the only thing that I can think of that came from another cruise line first was MUTS and that title goes to Princess. I also see no relation to the Princess shopping cart handle and RCI's Aqua Theater. Not even close.

RCI is without a doubt the hands down leader overall innovation wise. And 100% AGREE Princess shopping cart handle and RCI's Aquatheater, give me a break not even in the same solar system:rolleyes:

My wish list for ship design would include...

* Singles cabins with balconies, or at least windows which open.

* A specialty restaurant which serves fresh seafood.

* A specialty restaurant which serves regional cuisine by native chefs

* Much larger concierge lounges.

* More real enrichment activities, cultural/history seminars, crafts, cooking, etc.

* A "stepped-back" floor design so each balcony gets some direct sunlight on the outer half.

* Motion sensors on balcony lights so they turn off after x minutes. Same with bathroom lights.

* Exhaust fans in bathrooms.

* Public announcement system which can actually be understood clearly.

* A digital notepad built into the cabin door, so pax can leave messages for crew, kids, group members, etc. Maybe keyed to door card so only ppl in that room can change display.

I'm sure I will think of more, but that's what comes to mind at the moment. :p

RCI is without a doubt the hands down leader overall innovation wise. And 100% AGREE Princess shopping cart handle and RCI's Aquatheater, give me a break not even in the same solar system:rolleyes:

My comment was not complete as I was mentioning the area not the actual aquatheater So that is not what I meant

The engineering behind the shopping cart and having a large open fantail or stern area.... I think that did help Royal engineers with..... If they did that why dont we try this

I could be wrong but what other cruise ships had a large opening 6 decks high at the rear of the ship

JMO

Now I know why I never ever mix my meds!!;):D

You sure you didn't? I would double check ;) The promenade deck is where the lifeboats are, ya know on the outside of the ship. It's a deck that usually has a jogging track or shuffleboard. It's a dated feature. It would be nice to expand upon it like Carnival has by widening it and adding al fresco dining, hot tubs, etc... Have you ever been to a real boardwalk? If so you would know exactly why It would make perfect sense to make that the boardwalk. Come to a NJ shore and try one out and then tell me a wrap around "boardwalk" on the outside of the ship on the promenade deck is just "too funny"

Oooh, here's another good one!

:Sarge as you said, options suck and are stupid. So I will send you that Motel 8 brochure the one with a pool and waterslide. Way cheaper too. You never did tell us your age by the way. I hope its no older then 17."

Love it, can you post anywhere where I bashed your oh so precious cruise line? like Sarge was about RCCL and making pathetic, completely wrong statements. Me and a few others were countering with facts. Please. He himself said cookie cutter design ships are the key to success and gimmick AKA entertainment options are essentially stupid. Gimme a break. That guy Sarge was spewing such nonsense. Take care now. Sorry for that folks.

Love it, can you post anywhere where I bashed your oh so precious cruise line? like Sarge was about RCCL and making pathetic, completely wrong statements. Me and a few others were countering with facts. Please. He himself said cookie cutter design ships are the key to success and gimmick AKA entertainment options are essentially stupid. Gimme a break. That guy Sarge was spewing such nonsense. Take care now. Sorry for that folks.

You really stirred it up over there

than Mach shut it down after Fire called him out

You sure you didn't? I would double check ;) The promenade deck is where the lifeboats are, ya know on the outside of the ship. It's a deck that usually has a jogging track or shuffleboard. It's a dated feature. It would be nice to expand upon it like Carnival has by widening it and adding al fresco dining, hot tubs, etc... Have you ever been to a real boardwalk? If so you would know exactly why It would make perfect sense to make that the boardwalk. Come to a NJ shore and try one out and then tell me a wrap around "boardwalk" on the outside of the ship on the promenade deck is just "too funny"

The only thing is that there would be a lot of noise for people who have balcony cabins. Most people who pay extra to have a balcony do so because they like to get away from the ship activites and enjoy the peace and quiet. So that is something to consider.

I would like to see:

- More glass like on the Radiance class

- Promenade that wraps around the ship - without lifeboats obstructing the view

- Motion sensor lights on outside balconies (great idea)

- More diverse Caribbean itineraries from Florida

- A lazy river ride would be very cool

Here are my ideas:

An underwater restaurant or bar with windows looking out into the water.

A major water park with big slides (as on NCL Epic).

C/O deck (I know Carnival used to have these...RCL should give it a try).

Fireworks shows (if Disney can do it, why not RCL?)

HDTVs in cabins and throughout the ship. A big plus would be to be able to show outside and/or underwater views to these displays.

More shaded areas on deck.

Singles Cabins (NCL is doing this, an apparently they are selling well).

More Live entertainment...currently, the musicians just stop after 30-40 minutes. I know they need breaks, but they should come back after a 20-30 minute break.

More hammocks. A few ships have a very small number....it would be nice to have more.

Bike trails....a good way to get exercise with a view.

More greenspace. I like Celebrity's idea of having lawns.

Dive platform, as on most yachts. It would be great to be able to swim, snorkel, jet ski, etc. right from the ship. They could have a slide take you right to the ocean.

Love it, can you post anywhere where I bashed your oh so precious cruise line?

Let's clear a couple things up:

First, just so there is no confusion, I don't own a cruise line.

Second, I never said you bashed any cruise line. You piqued my curiosity by telling about the thread you started and the harsh responses you got, so I checked it out. When I did, I realized that the only person making it personal was you. Sure, there were a lot of responses about people not caring for RCI (hence why they were probably posting on the Carnival board). But you were the one who was insulting people every chance you got.

I just call em like I see em! You, my friend were definitely the aggressor on that thread.

Let's clear a couple things up:

First, just so there is no confusion, I don't own a cruise line.

Second, I never said you bashed any cruise line. You piqued my curiosity by telling about the thread you started and the harsh responses you got, so I checked it out. When I did, I realized that the only person making it personal was you. Sure, there were a lot of responses about people not caring for RCI (hence why they were probably posting on the Carnival board). But you were the one who was insulting people every chance you got.

I just call em like I see em! You, my friend were definitely the aggressor on that thread.

Sorry you're wrong. Keep in mind the only mention of RCCL was the title Carnival's answer to Oasis?" and this is what people start saying? over a carnival video? Only person I may have gotten out of line with is that child Sarge. Oh and I asked G-Ma to please specify what entertainment venues she is talking about that we have to pay for, and of course she never did cuz she's spewing nonsense. If that's offensive, you're out of your mind. People on that forum say complete lies or convey their opinion as fact. Here's some quotes, since you obviously can't read. That's an embarassing group of people in that forum.

"Carnival's answer to Oasis is putting a Billion Dollars profit in the bank while RCL struggles to pay their bills with borrowed money. Does RCL think they are a country or what"

"RCL has more for-fee venues tha Carnival...and Carnival pockets billions in profit while RCL struggles to pay their bills."

"RCL struggles with occupancy on their floating shopping malls and many others in their fleet. "

"passengers bills racked up by all the for-fee dining and entertainment venues"

"If it is your cup of tea, enjoy it before there is a forced sale and they end up being floating hotels somewhere. "

"I doubt any ship builder will be dumb enough to finance RCCL ships in the future. "

"Of course it does. Carnival has a mass market model that appeals to everyone. It may not be perfect for everyone, but it is good enough. RCCL on the other hand, depends on gimmicks to get people on the ship, and then tries to keep them on the ship to spend even more money."

"try to enjoy your dinner, knowing the food is better on CCL. "

"Enjoy your wannabe cruise line."

"things must be really bad on the "Number Two" cruise line if they are over here begging for customers." (for posting a Carnival ship video????)

"Royal is very innovative with those inside balconies . Indeed, they have reinvented the apartment complex where you can see what your neighbor is doing. Of course, voyeurs and stalkers probably find them attractive. "

Archived