Carnival Half Moon Cay Cabana Roll Call

PaulMedik

I have enjoyed conversing back and forth with my fellow roll call participants for several years now and have enjoyed and learned so much from everyone.

With the advent of Carnival allowing online bookings of Cabanas in Half Moon Cay, I thought it would be fun to have a roll call for people with reservations or plans to reserve cabanas.

If you've been there before, post your pictures of and from your cabana as well as your experiences there.

Cabana reserved for April 17, 2011 via Carnival Liberty April 16 sailing.

View from Cabana #15;

2392391570065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

View from Cabana #15 during an afternoon storm;

2520578020065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2352344090065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

From the water after the storm;

2643847900065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Yes, you can stay dry during storms;

2895362770065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

I had # 12 in 2009. Seemed to have shade alittle longer then others. The farther down the beach you are the longer until the masses find their way down to you (and they will)

How far in advance can you reserve the cabanas now? Do they open up when the other excursions open?

How far in advance can you reserve the cabanas now? Do they open up when the other excursions open?

It should. It was available when I booked in January for a July cruise.

What is the rental fee? How do you specify location when reserving?

$199.99 for 4 persons. You can't specify which one at this time. You have to reserve the specific cabana on the ship.

What is the rental fee? How do you specify location when reserving?

It is 199.00 to reserve for 4 people

We booked ours as soon as they started letting us do it by reserving a cabana. It will only be the 2 of us...in our so called group lol

We will sail on the Liberty May 14 for a week, so looking forward to it!

I had # 3 in August 09. Some people say that's too close to everything, but I thought it was great. Had a few kids try to use our shower, but hey, it's not like I was paying for the water. I also have one reserved for the Fantasy in August - I'm on the same ship as NY Bumpkin. I would rather have one of the lower numbers, but I won't be too choosy. Any one of them will be awesome!

Hey NYBumpkin..Ive also had #11 but was thinking of getting something closer to the activities. Did you like 11 or 5 better?
My only problem with #5 was that we had people coming up to our cabana to use the shower (anyone see that "Private Cabana" sign in my picture?!:rolleyes:) #11 was much more private, but it is more of a hike from any activities. If I had my choice (and I'm hoping I will in August), I'd opt for #7-9.

I just went onto Carnival's website to book a cabana for our upcoming trip (in 17 days) and it was $199 per person?? So since we have 5 in our family it was $1000? Is this right?

Or do you just reserve it under the adults? What do you get for the cost? food/drinks etc???

Sorry - I'm new to this!

I just went onto Carnival's website to book a cabana for our upcoming trip (in 17 days) and it was $199 per person?? So since we have 5 in our family it was $1000? Is this right?

Or do you just reserve it under the adults? What do you get for the cost? food/drinks etc???

Sorry - I'm new to this!

No. You just reserve it under one person. Total will be $199.

Once onboard, do not tell Carnival about your fifth person. They may add an additional charge per person beyond the four covered in the price.

Sorry - I'm new to this!

It is 199 for 4 ppl. Not per person. What most people do is not count the other guests. They provide you sodas, water, tortilla chips with dip,whole fruiit, veggie and fruit tray. You also get snorkel gear for 4 and 4 floating mats. The cabana comes with a table and 4 chairs and 2 cushioned loungers and an open shower. Oh and you get priority tender tickets.

Hope this helps!

What ship are you cruising on?

Archived