Carnival Half Moon Cay Cabana Roll Call

PaulMedik

After reading this thread I'm wondering if I should book my Cabana for our trip on the Pride late September.

We were waiting because we read that they are assigned based on when they are booked so the earlier you book, the lower the cabin number and we wanted something higher to be away from the dock and the bar.

Can anyone please confirm how they are assigning cabanas because I've heard conflicting stories this past week? Some say you request the cabana once you get on board via the excursion desk.

You can actually pick if you book the cabana direct on the ship. I've heard and read from John Heald that if you dont like your cabana assignment once you've checked in at the SE desk (booked via online) then they will TRY to move you.

You can actually pick if you book the cabana direct on the ship. I've heard and read from John Heald that if you dont like your cabana assignment once you've checked in at the SE desk (booked via online) then they will TRY to move you.

That's interesting, thank you. I think regardless of when we book it, I'm going to check the excursion desk as soon as it opens so I can either check my #, change my #, or make sure no one takes my # if I like it.

But reading how popular they are makes me want to book it tonight just to be safe. My girl would kill me if we ended up missing out on one alltogether.

Youre welcome!

If you're sailing late Sept, you can only book 120 days out. So mark your calendar and jump on the first day shore excursion bookings open up for your cruise. Got mine marked for May 5 already :D

Was not aware of that either so thanks again. Will mark the calender for late May.

Just thought I'd share this info. with all of you HMC Cabana enthusiasts! I just booked the Private Oasis Grand Cabana today for our group in May. Before booking, I wanted to get information about cancellation policy. This is what I was told: If you cancel prior to 3 days before sailing, the money will be credited back to your credit card and no cancellation fee. If you cancel onboard, you will be charged a 25% cancellation fee and be given OBC for the remainder of your excursion price. I specifically asked about renting the normal cabanas too because we are going back in October and want to rent one then. I was told the same cancellation policy applies. So...if you don't like your cabana number and want to cancel once you are onboard you will have to pay a 25% cancellation fee to cancel at that time.

But reading how popular they are makes me want to book it tonight just to be safe. My girl would kill me if we ended up missing out on one alltogether.

Don't worry, she won't ;) She just booked - much farther out than 120 days, so not sure where that info came from, but they certainly took my $$ for it online! :D

Q:When can I book shore tours?

A: Shore tour can be booked 120 days prior to sailing up until 3 days prior to sailing.

After the online Pre-Sail, the remaining inventory will be available on the departure day on board the ship. Due to availability, it is strongly suggested that guests take advantage of ordering their shore excursions in advance, online, in order to avoid disappointment once on board.

Visit http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursions.aspx to browse shore tours.

My reservation didnt give me the option to book :( I wonder why...

Q:When can I book shore tours?

A: Shore tour can be booked 120 days prior to sailing up until 3 days prior to sailing.

After the online Pre-Sail, the remaining inventory will be available on the departure day on board the ship. Due to availability, it is strongly suggested that guests take advantage of ordering their shore excursions in advance, online, in order to avoid disappointment once on board.

Visit http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursions.aspx to browse shore tours.

My reservation didnt give me the option to book :( I wonder why...

I honestly have no idea. I'm pretty sure we've booked most of our excursions before 120 days as we book 6-7 months in advance. I suggest you try it and see as our cruise is a few weeks after yours and we got one reserved

I honestly have no idea. I'm pretty sure we've booked most of our excursions before 120 days as we book 6-7 months in advance. I suggest you try it and see as our cruise is a few weeks after yours and we got one reserved[/quote

Is your cruise paid in full? That could be why. When you pay for your cruise in full or pay your balance off early you can go ahead and book excursions.

Is your cruise paid in full? That could be why. When you pay for your cruise in full or pay your balance off early you can go ahead and book excursions.

Yeah I used my Christmas bonus to just pay it off right away. I never thought about that but it certainly makes sense.

And on top of that we looked and the Pride is the only ship there that day so it won't be too crowded :D

we had # 3 booked a couple of times, it's the turquoise one.

Never had issue with people coming to use the cabana or the showers; we did have some people camp right in front of the cabana though, not a big deal.

I'm not 100% sure from the pictures but are there chairs in front of the cabanas or just in between cabanas? It wouldn't surprise me if someone pulled a chair out of the rows to a more open space. Don't know that it would bother me either.

I booked the Private Oasis yesterday for our trip in May. As I was dicussing it last night with my dh, he asked if gratuity was included in that price. I had never thought of that. Does anyone know if gratuity is included or is that separate? Included in the price $1300 is a personal chef, bartender, cabana steward, butler, and lifeguard. What do you think? If we do tip extra, how much for each of them? I hope someone who has rented this before can help!

Archived