Carnival Half Moon Cay Cabana Roll Call

PaulMedik

Hey TMT welcome back! So they let you pick after all? Thats great! Thanks for reporting back and cant wait to read your review.

We have Platinum boarding so hoping to be on earlier to pick our cabana!

Thanks! I hate to be back but I'm looking into another one in the fall. Looks like this is the year for us to cruise.

Yes they let you choose. When we went to the SE desk he said what cabanas they had left and showed us a map. Platinum boarding will be very nice and I highly recomend using it. No priority tendering either with a cabana. I asked and was told no one will be up that early. I laughed yeah right!!! We got up about 7:15 a little later than I wanted but we watched us come closer to land. We had our beach bag packed the night before and just hurried to get ready. We headed to lido for a quick breakfast. By the time we got to the line to tender it was about 8:30 and they started tendering at 8:00. The line moved fast and it wasn't bad. We were at our cabana at 9:00. I would use platinum to tender too. That's what it's there for and you worked hard for it.I can't wait to use it too. Only 7 more to go:rolleyes:

Just got back from the Fascination as well.The same one as jerrypepe. Check in for us took FOREVER. We got to the port at 12:05pm and we were at the Shore Excursion desk at 1:45pm give or take some. All but 5 cabanas were taken. They were 1,2,4,5, and 6. We chose 6 the purple one. I will post a full review a little later. In the mean time if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Did you enjoy cabana #6?

I booked a cabana for our cruise on 7/31/2011 Valor Cruise. So Excited, this is to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary and we will also be renewing our vows on St. Thomas!!

Exciting! Our next cruise, February 2012, is also to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and we will be renewing our vows in San Juan, PR. :)

Did you enjoy cabana #6?

I was VERY disapointed when we boarded and saw the selection of what was left. I was even thinking of canceling but my Mom was really looking forward to the cabana. I decided to make the best of it and just go with it. I was pleasantly suprised it was WONDERFUL. I loved it. We were close to everything we needed. The bathroom was two cabanas away. The food pavillion was close. You could hear the music in the distance but it wasn't loud or bothersome. It had a ton of shade and it was nice to sit out on the loungers and read without being in the hot sun. In the warmer months it will be extremely nice. No one bothered us or wanted to use our shower. It wasn't overly crowded down there either. Most of the people were near the activities and didin't come down that way. I would book the same one again. I wouldn't want a cabana number any lower though.

HTH

Thanks! I hate to be back but I'm looking into another one in the fall. Looks like this is the year for us to cruise.

Yes they let you choose. When we went to the SE desk he said what cabanas they had left and showed us a map. Platinum boarding will be very nice and I highly recomend using it. No priority tendering either with a cabana. I asked and was told no one will be up that early. I laughed yeah right!!! We got up about 7:15 a little later than I wanted but we watched us come closer to land. We had our beach bag packed the night before and just hurried to get ready. We headed to lido for a quick breakfast. By the time we got to the line to tender it was about 8:30 and they started tendering at 8:00. The line moved fast and it wasn't bad. We were at our cabana at 9:00. I would use platinum to tender too. That's what it's there for and you worked hard for it.I can't wait to use it too. Only 7 more to go:rolleyes:

This stinks:mad:

Anyone else have the same experience:confused:

This is what it says on the description when I booked my cabana for April.

After being the first to tender ashore, you will find your cabana outfitted with a refrigerator, ceiling fan, air conditioner, table and chairs inside, as well as deck chairs and misting shower on the private terrace.

This stinks:mad:

Anyone else have the same experience:confused:

This is what it says on the description when I booked my cabana for April.

After being the first to tender ashore, you will find your cabana outfitted with a refrigerator, ceiling fan, air conditioner, table and chairs inside, as well as deck chairs and misting shower on the private terrace.

When we sailed last July on Pride, we were on the first tender. If you had a morning excursion or a cabana, you were directed to go to the main lounge - your excursion ticket served as your tender ticket.

• 3 weeks later...
I was VERY disapointed when we boarded and saw the selection of what was left. I was even thinking of canceling but my Mom was really looking forward to the cabana. I decided to make the best of it and just go with it. I was pleasantly suprised it was WONDERFUL. I loved it. We were close to everything we needed. The bathroom was two cabanas away. The food pavillion was close. You could hear the music in the distance but it wasn't loud or bothersome. It had a ton of shade and it was nice to sit out on the loungers and read without being in the hot sun. In the warmer months it will be extremely nice. No one bothered us or wanted to use our shower. It wasn't overly crowded down there either. Most of the people were near the activities and didin't come down that way. I would book the same one again. I wouldn't want a cabana number any lower though.

HTH

TMT, thanks so much for the info!! (I've been MIA from this thread.. must have gotten and email a few weeks ago with an "instant notification" and forgot to come to the thread, so didn't get any others.) I'm also glad to see you can rush to the SE desk upon boarding to pick your #, and also glad to hear #6 wasn't too loud or crowded. Interesting to hear about the no priority tendering.. but we are on the Pride, and looking at the last post, looks like Pride may do it differently :confused:.. either way, sounds like getting in line early will still get you to your cabana pretty swiftly! I'm doing a little happy dance with excitement, but it's still so far away!!!!

It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best part of the cruise, hands down. Worth every penny of the $199 we spent!

I booked online and then after a very long boarding process forgot that I needed to go to the excursion desk 1st thing after boarding. So we had lunch on the lido deck and then by the time I remembered and went there all they had left were #1-5. I took #5, was nervous but it worked out great!!

We were on one of the 1st tenders to the island, arrived around 8:30am. It was a gorgeous sunny day around 77 degrees. We took the trolley/truck to our cabana b/c we didnt know where to go but we could have walked it was not that far.

We were in the center of the swim area so the lifeguard was right next to us - right in front of the new big pirate ship bar. Bathrooms are inside so they were nice and close. Music played all day but nothing loud or annoying. It was easy to walk in and get a drink.

Our cabana came with a cooler of waters and sodas (our choice) fresh fruit, chips and salsa/guacamole. 2 lounge chairs, 4 towels, a table w/4 chairs. Also had 4 blue lounge floats, snorkel gear and a shower. AWESOME!!!!!

Best thing is that you have a place to get out of the sun. I think we went through a whole tube of sunscreen that day but it was still nice to have the kids sit in the shade every so often.

NO one bothered us, no one tried to use our things or our shower. We actually didn't even use the shower except for washing off our feet.

At lunch we went to the buffet and brought our food back to our cabana and had a nice quiet family lunch.

We walked down past cabana #1 to the kids play area for a bit - - its not that great, they only wanted to stay a few minutes but that area was CROWDED. Then later we walked on the nature trail and further down the beach to where the other cabanas are.. much quieter!

If we ever go back again I would request #5 or higher. For anyone w/young kids I would suggest lower numbers because of the walk to the play area and food court/bathrooms/tenders but if I was alone w/my husband I would try and get the last possible cabana (15?)!!!

As I said the weather was perfect! Water was a bit chilly but it was Feb so we expected that! Still nice to swim and we loved having the floats.

By 4:45-5pm we walked back to get on (the long line) for the tenders, we all had a long day, but loved every minute.. very sad about leaving the island!!!

I'll try attaching photos..my whole family agrees it was the best part of the cruise!

We have also booked a cabana for our cruise, April 10th, on the Glory! Can't wait as this is our first cruise, and with all the info that I've read on this site, I told Hubby, that the cabana was a MUST!!! ;)

The only crappy thing is, that we will likely be the last people to board the ship (flight times booked through Carnival are horrible!!) so we will get the cabana that no one wants.....:( Not cool!!!

I just booked for 9/25/11! Excited, but nervous as well. Not keen on the idea of people thinking it is open to all. Other then that...EXCITED!

Now I need to know how early to get to the port in Baltimore...6am to early????? ;)

We stayed in #8 last April and it was great. Here are some pics. For us, it was a great location. Close to the bathrooms and even the barbeque area. We got our food and brought it back to the cabana. There were also plenty of hammocks around. It was pretty quiet too.

31094_422629755119_733355119_5821803_5765759_n.jpg

31094_422629780119_733355119_5821806_1227001_n.jpg

Above is the view from #8 and my boys enjoying the water.

31094_422629735119_733355119_5821800_1010996_n.jpg

31094_422629805119_733355119_5821810_803533_n.jpg

I just booked for 9/25/11! Excited, but nervous as well. Not keen on the idea of people thinking it is open to all. Other then that...EXCITED!

Now I need to know how early to get to the port in Baltimore...6am to early????? ;)

Hey Jen! LOL yeah, 6am is prob a little too early, unless you wanted to hang out in the car for a few hours :D

If the ship gets into port on time, I'd say getting there around 11:30 should be good. The Pride disembarks/embarks passengers later than some other ships I've read about.

Love this thread. Hubby gave me the green light to book our cabana for 6/27 coming from Fascination. Can't wait.

I'm purely speculating here - but am curious why sometimes cabanas are assigned in advance and other times, you choose on board. I'm betting it has to do with how many ships are at HMC that day. If there are multiple ships, then obviously the cabanas must be divided up. If someone books multiple cabanas, then surely CCL must pre-assign to keep their cabanas together. That may only leave a few left and therefore they just assign those as well. When there is only one ship in port, I'm guessing they let you pick from all once you board. From what I've read, Fascination is the only one there the day we'll be there. Yippee!

We've got our 1st Cabana booked for our cruise in Febuary 2012!!!

Was surprized I could book this early, have been watching to see when it would come available, for the longest time it was an, add to favorites, then last week it was available for purchase!! YEA!! Thanks for all the helpful info.

I'm going to be booking a cabana for our next cruise, and I can't wait. They look wonderful!!!

I have a couple of questions though...how do you pay for stuff on HMC? Do you need cash? Or, I thought that I heard that you use your sail and sign card for everything, like on the ship, is this true?

Also, I do have a group of us going, so we may want to book the "big" cabana for 12 people. Does anyone know where this one is located on the island?

Thanks is advance!!!:D

I'm going to be booking a cabana for our next cruise, and I can't wait. They look wonderful!!!

I have a couple of questions though...how do you pay for stuff on HMC? Do you need cash? Or, I thought that I heard that you use your sail and sign card for everything, like on the ship, is this true?

Also, I do have a group of us going, so we may want to book the "big" cabana for 12 people. Does anyone know where this one is located on the island?

You can use your sign and sail card on HMC.

I think the big cabana is located right at the begining, by the looks of some pictures I've seen.

You can go online to check and see if the Grand Oasis is still available. If it is and you really want it, definitely grab it asap! :)

I just booked our Cabana for HMC last week for our August 8 cruise on the Destiny. I wouldn't have even know to do so online had it not been for these boards..so thanks everyone! My concern is this.. DH has MS and he could never walk all the way down the beach to a cabana, so I really hope we don't end up all the way down the beach. I'd also like him to be able to get to/from rest rooms and the food area. I know nothing about which one to ask for that would be good for him and am open for advise. How many cabanas are there? Thanks.

Archived