Carnival Half Moon Cay Cabana Roll Call

PaulMedik

Someone said recently when they went to choose the cabana they wanted it had already been decided which cabana they had before they got there.

I do not like this at all. I do not want anything to do with the hassles that the first few cabanas bring. Hopefully others that have reserved online will report back their experiences. If it is true that Carnival assigns cabanas in advance, I might cancel my reservation.

I do not like this at all. I do not want anything to do with the hassles that the first few cabanas bring. Hopefully others that have reserved online will report back their experiences. If it is true that Carnival assigns cabanas in advance, I might cancel my reservation.

Im thinking the same thing.

Actually the cruise on my Sig is just a 3-nighter to Ensenada lol! My Destiny/HMC cruise isnt til Sept. :o

So you get to go first!!! :D

Ok i will let you know then! I promise to let you know within the week when we get back..hopefully with good news :) Make sure you keep this thread going..Im blonde and forgetful sometimes

Ok i will let you know then! I promise to let you know within the week when we get back..hopefully with good news :) Make sure you keep this thread going..Im blonde and forgetful sometimes

lol!!! Yea be sure to let us know how it goes!

does anyone have a map of these cabanas?

I made a wide screen picture of the cabanas with numbers indicating approximate colors of each. Some are hard to see. I also labeled the water sports area, SHIP bar, children's play area, and the Oasis so everyone would have some prespective of where everything is in relation to where they plan to be. Keep in mind that the tender channel is to the far right just off the edge of the photo and the dock itself is back behind the children's play area / cabana. The picnic area is out behind the water sports area.

2797777710065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

If this doesn't display well I will upload it elsewhere to get a decent display. You should be able to click on the photo and make it larger especially if you have a Webshots account. After you click on it, CLICK HERE to make it full size or click Full Size in the upper right hand area of Webshots.

Looks like according to the thread I linked below, cabanas are being assigned by the island, not assigned by guests on a first come/first serve basis. :mad:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27799638&posted=1#post27799638

I read that too!!! What a bummer!!! I am going in 2 weeks and going to see what happens. I will report back.

Captain Morgan's Pirate Ship Bar at HMC, between the cabanas (found pictures in a HAL board post, where CC members were concerned about the location of this bar, among the cabanas !!)

HMCpirateshipbar.jpg

HMCpirateshipbar2.jpg

I just showed my sons these pictures. They all said 'why?' 'That's gonna be packed.' 'Why didn't they build it back in the woods somewhere so it wouldn't interfere?'

My sons are 16, 13, and 10. I wonder how old the folks were that decided where the bar should be? If children can look at something and conclude on their own that it is out of place, why can't adults? :confused:

That bar is soreley needed in Mahogany Beach Roatan perhaps, but not HMC.

Can anyone fill in more of the blanks?

"Stay here forever" Bar

Massage hut

Cabana #1 -

Cabana #2 -

Cabana #3 -

Cabana #4 -

Cabana #5 - Sky Blue

Water sports rental

Pirate ship bar

Cabana #6 - Purple

Cabana #7 - Peach (Bathrooms located behind)

Cabana #8 - Pink/Salmon

Cabana #9 -

Cabana #10 -

Cabana #11 - Gray

Cabana #12 - Yellow

Cabana #13

Cabana #14 - Red

Cabana #15

Never mind - I see someone else posted the complete list...

Cabana photo.

I just don't understand how some people think it is okay to walk up the stairs and us the shower. etc. To me it is like walking into someone's house.

It is not like the shower is on the outside of the cabana:cool:

I see a few good spots to hang my sign!

876657211_yMQrJ-L.jpg.d06078438a8ee81285f6cac1bf4e90f3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread I'm wondering if I should book my Cabana for our trip on the Pride late September.

We were waiting because we read that they are assigned based on when they are booked so the earlier you book, the lower the cabin number and we wanted something higher to be away from the dock and the bar.

Can anyone please confirm how they are assigning cabanas because I've heard conflicting stories this past week? Some say you request the cabana once you get on board via the excursion desk.

icon4.gifHmc cabanas...roll call....fyi

FYI

There was a thead a while back (late January) that talked about being able to book "on-line" the cabanas. Several would post they they had and some would post pics that had been there before. Just alot of interesting

HMC/Beach/Cabana talk, info and tips.

Well today I was just on the Carnival site looking at excursions for my sailing March 5th-Liberty and....ALL the cabanas for HMC for 05/06/11 are SOLD OUT!! Glad we got one when we did. :D

Just a heads up if your going to HMC on whatever sail date and you'd like to book a cabana, you'd best better do it on-line. Dont wait till your on the ship cause you will probably miss out.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=mycomputer&date=3-5-2011&text=&ship=Carnival Liberty

Archived