Carnival Half Moon Cay Cabana Roll Call

PaulMedik

No. You just reserve it under one person. Total will be $199.

Once onboard, do not tell Carnival about your fifth person. They may add an additional charge per person beyond the four covered in the price.

Not sure about doing this. They can add a fifth person so that that person can have a priority tender ticket, if not, someone stays behind and tenders later.

My only problem with #5 was that we had people coming up to our cabana to use the shower (anyone see that "Private Cabana" sign in my picture?!:rolleyes:) #11 was much more private, but it is more of a hike from any activities. If I had my choice (and I'm hoping I will in August), I'd opt for #7-9.

Great Thank you! Ill shoot for 7-9 for my Sept cruise then.

Wow...I cannot imagine strangers coming up to use the shower! I mean, you have to actually step up into the cabana to use it! :o

I'm not sure 7-9 are as private now as they used to be. We had #8 the first time and #3 the second time - loved #8 but had a LOT of problems with people attempting to use our cabana (#3) the second time around. Trying to use the shower (there was a public one not 10 yards away), "borrow" our float mats, sitting on the steps and the decking - it was a P-A-I-N! I think it was just a really rude bunch of people that were there that day and am sure that's not quite normal, but wouldn't book that close to the main area again.

Now that they have the new pirate-ship-looking bar further down the beach, though, I don't think 7-9 are as 'remote' as they used to be.

they will take you down the beach via golf cart upon arrival - so going back from the far end with all your stuff could be a hike, but they bring you towels, so you don't technically need to bring those, and with the new bar the bathrooms aren't as far away anymore either. They do come around for drink orders, too, and if you tip them well and let them know how you'd like to be served (come around every hour, or start checking with us around noon) they'll treat you very well.

Just came back from HMC. I was on the Jan 24 Destiny cruise and had booked online two weeks before the cruise. At the time that I booked I was told that I would choose our cabanna when I got on board. We had VIP boarding and were the second in line, Carnival had already assigned us cabana #13. I didn't mind because I just didn't want 5 or 6 due to how close they are to the new bar Carnival built. I didn't find it much of a walk to anything but I walk a lot at home. Later in the day from my cabana and futher down the beach it became where the crew hung out. Talked to young crew members who were very nice. Even saw the captain and some of his officers swimming in front of cabana #14.

Would someone either post a link to a current map, or just a current cabana list? I have seen some maps that only show 13 available cabanas, one that shows 18 (the first three come before the bar), one with 13 identified by color, but I understand there are currently 15 available cabanas. I can't figure out which is current. It would be helpful if I could get accurate information identifiying the cabana number and color and where the bars, bathrooms and other buildings fit into the order.

The last time I was there (and according to my pictures), we had cabana 6 and it was purple. There was a gap between 5 and 6 that housed the water sports rental place. Cabana 7 was peach colored. #8 was salmon colored.

I booked a HMC cabana online at Carnival for the cabana on our 2/19 sail. I'm hoping that it works - didnt see the charge come up on my visa yet but I did get a booking number. I'm guessing that once we board the ship I can go to the desk and find out which one we got???

We booked the cruise last week - last minute trip - so this should be a nice surprise for the family. I think the best part will be to keep the kids out of the sun for at least some part of the beach day.

Trvlqueen we had the same problem last summer, but I think we were in #10. I actually had a lady come up the steps and put her bags down on my lounge chair. Needless to say, when I returned to the cabana from swimming (which was pretty immediate) I kindly explained to her that if she would like to reimburse me $100 for 1/2 of the cost plus $ for my time spent getting to the port early so I could rush to the guest services desk for reservation, I would gladly share. She promptly removed her bags to the chairs out front of the cabana. :D

Great Thank you! Ill shoot for 7-9 for my Sept cruise then.

Wow...I cannot imagine strangers coming up to use the shower! I mean, you have to actually step up into the cabana to use it! :o

Part of our experience may have been that our youngest son had a friend from Camp Carnival who came to visit (with our blessing) - and others nearby figured it was open season!

Timmys_mom - You are correct that the space between 5 and 6 is for watersports. As I understand, this is also the location of the new bar. I saw the HAL map with 18 cabanas, and it certainly doesn't look like the HMC we saw in July with 15 cabanas. #5 is sky blue; #11 is gray.

I just rented a cabana for April 18th, Fascination port day. It is just 2 of us. I am so excited about it. But, I really don't care to leave the ship at 8 am! (breakfast at 7? and how warm will it be on the beach so early in the morning?) Is it really a privilege to be first off? Could someone tell me the advantage to be on early tender?

I just rented a cabana for April 18th, Fascination port day. It is just 2 of us. I am so excited about it. But, I really don't care to leave the ship at 8 am! (breakfast at 7? and how warm will it be on the beach so early in the morning?) Is it really a privilege to be first off? Could someone tell me the advantage to be on early tender?
The lines for the tender can be long. There is a narrow channel going into the HMC docks and only one tender can navigate it at a time. If you're in a cabana, you will be on the first tender and won't have to worry about the lines.

Timmys_mom - You are correct that the space between 5 and 6 is for watersports. As I understand, this is also the location of the new bar. I saw the HAL map with 18 cabanas, and it certainly doesn't look like the HMC we saw in July with 15 cabanas. #5 is sky blue; #11 is gray.

Can anyone fill in more of the blanks?

"Stay here forever" Bar

Massage hut

Cabana #1 -

Cabana #2 -

Cabana #3 -

Cabana #4 -

Cabana #5 - Sky Blue

Water sports rental

Pirate ship bar

Cabana #6 - Purple

Cabana #7 - Peach (Bathrooms located behind)

Cabana #8 - Pink/Salmon

Cabana #9 -

Cabana #10 -

Cabana #11 - Gray

Cabana #12

Cabana #13

Cabana #14

Cabana #15

"Stay here forever" Bar

Massage hut

Cabana #1 -

Cabana #2 -

Cabana #3 -

Cabana #4 -

Cabana #5 - Sky Blue

Water sports rental

Pirate ship bar

Cabana #6 - Purple

Cabana #8 - Pink/Salmon

Cabana #9 -

Cabana #10 -

Cabana #11 - Gray

Cabana #12

Cabana #13

Cabana #14 - Red

Cabana #15

"Stay here forever" Bar

Massage hut

Cabana #1 -

Cabana #2 -

Cabana #3 -

Cabana #4 -

Cabana #5 - Sky Blue

Water sports rental

Pirate ship bar

Cabana #6 - Purple

Cabana #8 - Pink/Salmon

Cabana #9 -

Cabana #10 -

Cabana #11 - Gray

Cabana #12 - Yellow

Cabana #13

Cabana #14 - Red

Cabana #15

Archived