dining preference

mo&fran

I was looking at the onboard preferences section of the website and see that they list 4 times for traditional dining. 5:30,6:30,8:30 and 9:30. I wonder if all of those times are available for all cruises. WE were just on Explorer and they had early seating at 5:30. After a couple of nights, we decided that was too early and ended up in WJ every night after that. 6:30 would have been our preference, as it always had been in the past.

I was looking at the onboard preferences section of the website and see that they list 4 times for traditional dining. 5:30,6:30,8:30 and 9:30. I wonder if all of those times are available for all cruises. WE were just on Explorer and they had early seating at 5:30. After a couple of nights, we decided that was too early and ended up in WJ every night after that. 6:30 would have been our preference, as it always had been in the past.

Explorer only has 2 seatings, in March its 5:30 (too early) and 8. Why not go for MTD?

There is only early, late, and MTD. The exact time of early & late can change from cruise to cruise even on the same ship. Not sure why. If you do not go with early or late, you may miss some show times. My next cruise has early at 5:30 and late at 8:00. I use to do early, but on my last cruise I was forced to do late. When the cruise ended, I called RC and had them change all of my future cruises to late. Much more relaxed. This from a person who at home eats early.

That has been my experience also. That is why I was wondering why there was the choice on the web site. That was the reason for my post. I wasn't aware of what the choices were before the new checnges, so they may have been the way it was before. It just struck me as unusual.

That has been my experience also. That is why I was wondering why there was the choice on the web site. That was the reason for my post. I wasn't aware of what the choices were before the new checnges, so they may have been the way it was before. It just struck me as unusual.

In Europe (at least in the July cruises I have been on) it is early 7.15 and late 9.15.

That 7.15 spot was far too early for many of the Spanish passengers who were given it. Many ended up going for dinner at 8 pm and causing chaos for the wait staff.

I knew to go and get in the queue to change to the 9.15 pm slot as soon as I boarded. Thanks CC :)

I just noticed these changes on the website today. I would also like to know why there are so many choices when you only have 3 on the ships - early, late or MTD. I put 6:30 because I like early. I was on one cruise that had 5:30 as early and it was too early for port days.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have an updates on this question? I have never heard of any other options other than main / second / MTD, but maybe there's a new benefit for C&A where they will seat you at the same time/table in the MTD section. I would personally love having 6:30 PM each night and the same wait staff.

Traditional Dining

Choose your ideal dining time now and you will always have a reserved table in our main dining room for the length of your cruise vacation based on your preferred seating time and availability.

5:30 / 6:30 / 8:30 / 9:30

Archived