elite/ canopies?? HELP

taysuz

We leave Sunday on our first cruise as elite and have two questions.

1. Do we have a choice or are they selected by Princess?

2. Are the portions large enough to invite another couple foe cocktails?

You have a choice and you are not limited to just one choice. You may order several from the list. You also choose the time that you want them delivered to your room on the formal nights. (We especially enjoy the chocolate strawberries - but they only give you 4)

We enjoy them. Many others have posted that they do not.

I wouldn't worry about it - after 2 days you will be stuffed fom the never ending food. If you don't get enough of the canopies (which are selected by Princess) you will during the main dining...

Enjoy :)

JK

We leave Sunday on our first cruise as elite and have two questions.

1. Do we have a choice or are they selected by Princess?

2. Are the portions large enough to invite another couple foe cocktails?

You get a total of six and should be able to select what you want from a very limited canape menu. We never want them; cold items are always warm. Nothing like warm, soft, shrimp. YUK!

Unless the rules have changed since our last cruise in November, we have ordered 4 Chocolate strawberries, PLUS an assortment of other canapes on each formal night. The order always has been filled.

With one vegetarian and one omnivore we have always ordered a varied selection.

We are off again next week, maybe we will find a new restriction on the canapes. We shall see.

P&J

We have been able to make our own plate of canapes by running up to the buffet for snacks! Maybe you could augent the Princess ones....

Another option is to grab a slice or two of pizza (or have a whole one delivered) and cut it into small bite size triangles..

Unless the rules have changed since our last cruise in November, we have ordered 4 Chocolate strawberries, PLUS an assortment of other canapes on each formal night. The order always has been filled.

We are off again next week, maybe we will find a new restriction on the canapes. We shall see.

P&J

I read your first post and was surprised as I've never heard of ordering or getting more than one selection, and most people reference that they don't always get a choice. Please do update us on your latest findings.

P&J

I know that those in suites can order several types, but the order card for elite says to pick one.

This is one thing about Princess that bugs me. Seems like the staff are free to give out whatever they feel like. If you sweet talk your steward, you may get some perks you are not suppose to receive. I know there were days that we got more than the four canapes. Maybe there were not as many orders as usual and they just hand them out. We usually wrapped and put them in the fridge so we had a full plate to serve to guests.

We also were a little disappointed that the appetizers we received on the ships tour were the SAME canapes we get in our cabin.

I wish they would come up with some new ones. As a suite pax, you kind of get sick of the same thing everyday for two weeks. We like to have a little something with our before dinner drink in our cabin. We never eat between meals so a little snack is nice that time of day. Can't imagine how sick I'd get of them on a 30 or more day cruise.

I know that those in suites can order several types, but the order card for elite says to pick one.

Even in a full suite, we have not been able to pick and choose or order more than one kind. We have tried it when having guests over, but they have always just sent one of the checked itmes in the range of 6-8 items.:confused:

In a suite, would you not just order some great apps from the dinner menu...smoked salmon, shrimp cocktail come to mind?

Yes you can do that also. But if you would like the canapes' delivered before the dinner hour, you are stuck with what is on the list. Now if you have late seating, that would work out perfectly. ;)

Love that late seating. We were in a suite once with a 17 year old boy. We ordered apps with our wine before dinner - he ordered virtually a full meal from the dinner menu. Then he did it all again in the MDR. Our table mates thought it was so ggreat that he was not impatient about the late dinner!!!LOL

We also were a little disappointed that the appetizers we received on the ships tour were the SAME canapes we get in our cabin.

I wish they would come up with some new ones. As a suite pax, you kind of get sick of the same thing everyday for two weeks. We like to have a little something with our before dinner drink in our cabin. We never eat between meals so a little snack is nice that time of day. Can't imagine how sick I'd get of them on a 30 or more day cruise.

Oh my. What a terrible hardship to endure. Poor you!:rolleyes:

I never even thought about ordering appetizers off the MDR menu before dinner. Great idea.

One evening we invited some new friends down for cocktails and one was British so I ordered afternoon tea. I also had saved a few canapes and they all were so excited and thought the food was so good. There was so much food with the tea - and everyone had tea - even asked for a seconds.

Can speak to the Sapphire as we just got off following a b2b in January.

Canape menu arrived either late the night before (and even before the Princess Patter arrived, which has been a source of recent negative discussion here on the board. We agree with that displeasure, as there should be no reason for such a late Patter arrival, which caused us not to be able to plan the next day :(). .

Anyway, if not delivered after dinner the night before, then it was delivered by our cabin steward the next morning. We had a choice of six canapes from several options and also choice of delivery time. Canape menu looked like the cabin continental breakfast one and perforated to hang on our door for overnight pick up.

Happened on both b2b cruises, so we were able to try all of the canapes :)

Archived