A Few questions .

MAZANDSTEVE

Does Princess supply shampoo etc for the bathroom, if not, can you buy on board?

Can you hire towels for off the ship?

Is there a hairdryer in stateroom?

Do you need to book the speciality restaurants befor the cruise or can you do it once on board?

Thanks for any replys.

Does Princess supply shampoo etc for the bathroom, if not, can you buy on board? Yes

Can you hire towels for off the ship? Yes you will receive new beach towels every evening. You can bring them with you when you disembark in port and drop them off as you return from you day in port.

Is there a hairdryer in stateroom? Yes, but if you have long or thick hair bring your own from home.

Do you need to book the speciality restaurants befor the cruise or can you do it once on board? You book once you are on board.

Thanks for any replys.

Enjoy

Does Princess supply shampoo etc for the bathroom, if not, can you buy on board?

Yes they are supplied

Can you hire towels for off the ship? Is there a hairdryer in stateroom?

Both are supplied in your cabin.

Do you need to book the speciality restaurants befor the cruise or can you do it once on board?

You can only book them on board either through the dine line by phone, or in person at the restuarant. If you want specific date/time I would suggest do it shortly after boarding.

Thanks for any replys.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Lotion are supplied (and bar soap). They are Eucaliptus scent. I find them OK but some do not like them.

There are many drug stores in Fort Lauderdale - which sell a huge range of products so you could pick up things there. They also sell wine:)

Have fun

Thanks for the reply's, can you tell me what they supply in the bathroom and do they replace each day?

We have weight limits on the flight so need to keep some things to a minimum.

Lotus Spa Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Lotion and Body wash. Some like the eucalyptus sent others don't. Being a man I don't mind it. A women might want something more floral.

I've read on posts that the shampoo is ok and the conditioner is a no go. Some people said that after a few days of shampoo/conditioner they have major build up on hair.

If you have time, you may want to hit up a store near port to get what you want. We fly out of San Juan and our hotel is across the street from a 24 hour grocery store & there are plenty of CVS' & Walgreens' in San Juan. Plan on hitting those up as well (packing for four people for 14 days can really weigh down a suitcase!!!).

Once you figure out what stores are in your path of travel - you can pick up whatever you need. I even found the San Juan CVS sale paper is online - plan to see what's on sale before even leaving home.

Lori

Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Lotion are supplied (and bar soap). They are Eucaliptus scent. I find them OK but some do not like them.

There are many drug stores in Fort Lauderdale - which sell a huge range of products so you could pick up things there. They also sell wine:)

Have fun

Thanks for the info but we are doing Asia, flying to Shanghai, not sure if we can buy from there, so just want to make sure we have something until we find some to buy.

Forgot to say that they are replaced daily as needed but you can request more from your room steward if you need it. My wife has long hair and uses a lot of conditioner so we always ask for extra. We also like to bring the body lotion with us to use after the beach.

Thanks for the reply's, can you tell me what they supply in the bathroom and do they replace each day?

We have weight limits on the flight so need to keep some things to a minimum.

You get eucalyptus shampoo, conditioner, a small soap and body lotion. Replaced when required. We didn't take any with us for the same reason as you, so I was asking the same questions.

First cruise we had shower gel, then second cruise there was none so I thought they were cutting back. Someone on here said to just ask your cabin steward for shower gel if there is none. Shop sells a limited choice of toiletries. Hair dryers are absolutely fine for me and I am fussy about them as I have to style my hair every day. I wouldn't use up my weight limit with a hairdryer. :)

You get eucalyptus shampoo, conditioner, a small soap and body lotion. Replaced when required. We didn't take any with us for the same reason as you, so I was asking the same questions.

First cruise we had shower gel, then second cruise there was none so I thought they were cutting back. Someone on here said to just ask your cabin steward for shower gel if there is none. Shop sells a limited choice of toiletries. Hair dryers are absolutely fine for me and I am fussy about them as I have to style my hair every day. I wouldn't use up my weight limit with a hairdryer. :)

Thanks, I will leave the hairdryer at home and just take the straightners. We have only a 20kg each weight limit:eek: we are going to pay for another 5kg each but its still tight. It a 3 week vacation too.

Thanks, I will leave the hairdryer at home and just take the straightners. We have only a 20kg each weight limit:eek: we are going to pay for another 5kg each but its still tight. It a 3 week vacation too.

Yikes!! 20kg for 3 weeks is certainly not enough! The extra 5kg will make a big difference.

I've got my cosmetics down to a fine art now; I take only what I really need and I don't even miss them. Don't forget to take a lightweight power bar for all your electricals and recharging items. Have a fantastic cruise. :)

You may or may not know this but Princess has self service laundry rooms. I know your on vacation but you may be able pack less if you plan to do laundry.

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

Yes, think we will have to do some laundry, if only underwear and t-shirts and shorts.

I bring only travel sizes of all toiletries although on a longer cruise, I bring multiples. I pack only clothing that can be mixed and matched; nothing that can be worn only once. For my 16-day trans-Atlantic plus three days in London last August and September, I packed for two seasons and brought one suitcase that weighed 44 lb and one small rolling carry-on. It's doable as the weight of my bag included 12 paperbacks. (Yes, I have a Kindle, which I brought but I like the feel of a book. The Kindle is for back-up in case I run out of something to read.)

Dh and I did a Carnival Cruise once about 10 years ago, they had a basket full of goodies in the bathroom. ALL were the free sample type. There was not only the usual soap, shampoo and conditioner but razors, shave cream, sleeping pills, asprin type pills, Cold meds...anything you could think of. As they all had a company name on them advertizing their product, they must have been pennies or free to the curise line. :D I thought it a real nice touch. ;)

Dh and I did a Carnival Cruise once about 10 years ago, they had a basket full of goodies in the bathroom. ALL were the free sample type. There was not only the usual soap, shampoo and conditioner but razors, shave cream, sleeping pills, asprin type pills, Cold meds...anything you could think of. As they all had a company name on them advertizing their product, they must have been pennies or free to the curise line. :D I thought it a real nice touch. ;)

Sleeping pills? :eek:

I happen to love the Lotus Spa lotion, shampoo and conditioner and have never had a problem with build-up. And, I have thick hair. The eucalyptus is lovely. I'm using some at work, right now. The lotion, that is!

Don't overpack. Make your outfits mix and match. And, don't be shy about wearing the same dressy clothes for your formal nights. No one will care. I bring two different, dressy tops to go with my silk, black slacks and there's my formal clothes. One pair of dressy, black shoes is good. I pack my clothes with plastic bags, from the cleaners. And, I stack them. I put the heavier tops on the bottom and the lighter tops on top and put a plastic, garment bag over it and tie the bottom of the bag in a knot [this will keep anything that may fall from getting loose! [This is on a hanging bag.]]

My sleeping attire and underwear gets "rolled-up" into my carry on. The "roll" technique is very helpful for "T" shirts and shorts too! You can pack much more when you "roll!"

And, most "over the counter" sleeping aids are plain and simple "Benadryl". Works great for the allergies and nights that you can't fall asleep easily and it's not habit forming! Just be careful because Benadryl stays in your body for days.......so, a little bit goes a long way!!!!!

Yikes!! 20kg for 3 weeks is certainly not enough! The extra 5kg will make a big difference.

:)

We not only find this plenty for 3 - 4 weeks, but depending on the destination, frequently need only 1 bag for the 2 of us. Since most of our non-cruise trips to foreign countries require this kind of weight, we've gotten used to it and can't imagine going back to hauling more around with us.

We spent three weeks in southern Africa and were allowed 26 pounds (about 12 kg) per person. Made it with room to spare.

Thats good going.:) If its a land holiday, I probably could do that to but, what with formal wear and shoes, cosmetics, day wear etc I do find it difficult to pack light, I like my things with me, LOL.

Just in case some luggage gets 'lost' I always split our clothing (Husband and mine) between our cases. This seems to help distributing weight too. We have managed to cruise for a month at a time with 2 suitcases between us. Do laundry and mix and match outfits. Have a great cruise.

Archived