Specialty Dining and iPod docking station---Voyager

wapato2

The Title pretty well says it all--we had "heard" that on a cruise over 12 days you can have 2 prior reservations at both Specialty Restaurants (4 res). My TA says no!?!

I was just "told", about an hour ago, that there was an iPod docking station in the Deluxe suites, but just now read that they are only in Penthouse!?!

HELP!!

Hmmm! We had Voyager PH1060 San Diego -> Sydney in Jan-Feb 2010 and it did indeed have a Bose docking station. At the time, we did not have an iPod. Then Dec 2010-Jan 2011 had Navigator PH906. It too had a Bose docking station and, it must have kept it charged. We played it almost all the time we were on board and used it when out on excursions. Never plugged it into the computer.

R

• 2 weeks later...

I was just "told", about an hour ago, that there was an iPod docking station in the Deluxe suites, but just now read that they are only in Penthouse!?!

HELP!!

We were in a Deluxe Suite last July. No iPod docking station - bose or otherwise. But the suites were LOVELY otherwise - very large bathrooms! Also, I heard from others before our voyage that you might get to dine more than once in the reservation-only restaurants if you ask once on board (or that day/evening). We never tried, but its something to consider. Especially on a port day when there might be some cancellations.

I always book the maximum allowed specialty dining reservations online and then, once on board, immediately ask my butler to book additional reservations at each restaurant. This way we usually enjoy at least four nights in Prime 7 and Signatures (two nights in Prime 7 if on the Navigator) if the trip is ten days or more.

On our recent Voyager cruise there was no Ipod docking station in our deluxe suite.

We ate twice in Prime 7 and three times in Signatures ) one was dinner and show). We booked all three on-board but were invited for the dinner/show.

• 5 months later...

You get a visit to each speciality resto per segment of your cruise. If you booked a 21 day cruise, it's the same. But that doesn't have to be the end of the story. Visit the Maitre d' - looking nice, talking nicely, being someone he/she would like to have in his restaurant, leave your card, call back and you can probably get in again. During the day, the Maitre d's of both restaurants work in the Veranda or Compass Rose. Good time to get "friendly".

All suites on Regent are Delux suites! Some are just more deluxe than others! Penthouses and named suites do bring more privileges, but but they cost THOUSANDS of dollars more than you paid. Sorry about the docking station. In fact, there aren't very many named suites and PH's, and one of the nicest things I like with Regent, is that it is really a one class ship. There are no windowless cabins, no cheapie deals. I may not have loved every other guest I've met on Regent, but I've found the guests in general to be lovely, polite, well behaved people that I enjoyed spending time with!

Visit the Maitre d' - looking nice, talking nicely, being someone he/she would like to have in his restaurant, leave your card, call back and you can probably get in again. During the day, the Maitre d's of both restaurants work in the Veranda or Compass Rose. Good time to get "friendly".

Really no need for all that. Just ask and if there is space you will get in. I have never failed to get extra reservations even on a 7 day cruise.

Really no need for all that. Just ask and if there is space you will get in. I have never failed to get extra reservations even on a 7 day cruise.

I'm surprised to hear that. Was this also the case when Prime 7 was new?

If you are hoping to dine at a certain time with a table for only 2, it really is a good idea to book in advance (IMO). Booking online is easy and it guarantees you time and date you prefer. OrpingtonT's idea works. . . just not sure you will get the time and table size you want.

I'm surprised to hear that. Was this also the case when Prime 7 was new?

If you are hoping to dine at a certain time with a table for only 2, it really is a good idea to book in advance (IMO). Booking online is easy and it guarantees you time and date you prefer. OrpingtonT's idea works. . . just not sure you will get the time and table size you want.

I hope you haven't misunderstood me. I would always book in advance online. I meant to imply that there is no need to "visit the Maitre D', look nice, talk nicely, be someone he/she would like to have in his restaurant, leave your card, get friendly " in order to get an extra booking. Just calling and asking does the trick if there is space.

I hope you haven't misunderstood me. I would always book in advance online. I meant to imply that there is no need to "visit the Maitre D', look nice, talk nicely, be someone he/she would like to have in his restaurant, leave your card, get friendly " in order to get an extra booking. Just calling and asking does the trick if there is space.

I did misunderstand you a bit. It is definitely a good idea to visit the Matre D' and get friendly:-)

Archived