Princess changed Dec 10th Itenerary!!!

mph045

I loved Belize and would go back there again. Ambergris was very special. One of the problems with Belize is that it's a tender port, and it's a long tender ride as ships have to anchor pretty far offshore. With larger ships, transporting passengers ashore becomes a logistical problem because the tenders don't carry as many passengers at a time needed to get them ashore as quickly as possible. In cases like this, cruiselines depend on local tender boats to transport passengers ashore or supplement the ship tenders. Belize does not have larger tender boats with the appropriate insurance. So the logistics of stopping in Belize is a problem and can be a bad experience for passengers. Carnival goes to Belize the most often and is working with the local authorities to obtain the tender boats and/or get the insurance.

Also of concern is that a passenger on HAL's Ryndam was killed on a ship's snorkling excursion a few days ago. The catamaran had the engines going and she swam into the propellers. Pretty horrific. Snorkeling excursions in Belize are now suspended.

Does anyone know why Princess changed Dec 14 Belieze to Majahaul Mexico?? I just noticed it today and we are booked and no one said anything?

Thanks

Check in the cruise personalizer under "Important Notices." There may be something there about the change.

Thank You for all of the responses=I did read about the tender problem and Princess did say there is a chance down the road they may go back to Belieze-I do love there snorkeling-one of the best in the world.

What surprised myself and TA was we were not notified by Princess on the changes-I realize they have the right to change anytime-professionall coutesy says they should have notified us.

They may have notified your TA. Sometimes they send updates and they get to the TA and sometimes they don't or they don't get to the TA like they should.

You'll love Costa Maya if you haven't been there before. I highly recommend the Dune Buggy tour to the beach. You get to see a lot of the area and go to a pristine, gorgeous beach.

Archived