Have you meet and kept in touch with people you met on a cruise

hobbyhrs97

On the Legend last year, we had a great roll call, and met up with our fellow travelers several times on the cruise- for tea a couple of times, for drinks the first night. we exchanged emails and all that jazz, but one day I was having an absolutely horrible day at work, a job that was promised to me by one boss who then got laid off, was given to another by the new boss while I was on the cruise. I was in the dumps big time. I looked up at my email and there was an email from Cheryl(I met her on the cruise) I figured she and I were so far apart I could tell her what was going on with me, how depressed I was, and she sent me a quote from the bible, it perked me up and I thanked her. We emailed each other about every day, and her husband knew my DH and I were going on another cruise, so he booked it so that she and I could see each other again. We had a blast, and I can now say, after a year of emails, and short talks and our second cruise together, she is my very best friend. I miss her, and hope to cruise with them again.

back in 2002, we made friends with our dinnermates, they were just dating at the time... we hung out the whole week.. we exchanged information, kept in contact with them, got invited to their wedding...they are no longer together but i still keep in contact with becky.

then in 2009 we did western caribbean on the conquest, that is when i came across cruise critic... LOVE THIS SITE!!... joined the roll call for our cruise... we had a meet and mingle on the ship... one of the couples shanna and jason, we hung out with a lot, we did the same shore excursion in jaimaca and grand caymen (sans my hubby cause he went golfing and i went to the beach!!)... i still talk shanna a few times a week and she also ended up signing up to sell scentsy with me... :-)

along with shanna, we met kandy and doreen, and rhonda.... that i still talk to as well.. i mainly chat with them on facebook and keep in contact that way..

we are planning our next cruise for april 2012 on the glory (waiting for tax refund to come in so we can book it!)... i will be on a roll call for that as well... i just get so much information, and it is neat to already have friends to hang out with before you even get on the ship so you have the whole week!! i like to think of it as online cruise dating...hahahahah.....

We have met and made some wonderful friendships. All CC members and we keep in touch via Facebook. Even ppl we have not yet met that we are cruising with this Oct & Nov on the Magic and VOS. One couple in particular that we met on CC for our very first cruise on the Triumph back in 08'. Unfortunately they have not been able to cruise with us again. But they did meet up with us in Vancouver and spend a couple of days site seeing before we boarded the Spirit bound for Hawaii last September.

We've most definitely stayed in touch with people we met on a cruise. The Conquest Crazies are a large and diverse group and many of them have become important people in our lives. One of them helped my wife get a new job and we regularly party with others. Were it not for a wedding in Hawaii in a month we'd be with them for our 4th cruise as a group.

Yep...two in particular both members here on CC as well!!!! :D

We all met during a NYE cruise in 2008 and with one of them we havent cruised apart since! The other gal we've cruised once and met up for drinks...but I keep in touch with both of them almost daily. They are incredible ladies and good friends!

Awww, that was nice! I wish I was joining you in March. But you'll probably see us waving at you from our kayaks before sail away. ;) Maybe we'll all be together again on the Paradise in July. :D

Others I keep in touch via Facebook, but haven't cruised with again.

I have met the most amazing group of friends from CC and we cruised with them the first time in Oct 09 and decided to make it a yearly thing so this will be our 3rd cruise with them and i can say they are truly my best friends... Thanks Stacey & John and Lisa & Lisa and Marissa. Cant wait to see you all again in Oct on the Conquest..

We've met some great people on our cruises but haven't kept in touch. Our friends that have cruised with us before, is great company and we're trying to get them to go again. Booking it around everyone's schedule can be a pain though.

We met a group of folks on our first cruise (RCCL's Radiance of the Seas) through the roll calls and ended up hanging out with about 10 of them throughout the cruise. We all got together the next year for another cruise out of San Juan on the Empress...and we've cruised with subsets of the group every year since. We're almost all together again this April (sadly, two of the original group won't make it) and plan to have a fabulous time! We keep in touch with some via e-mail and others we talk to just about every week on the phone. My husband and I have planned a Carnival cruise for 2012 and hope that we'll meet new Carnival friends then.

I have to say that we have more fun when we're sailing in a group.

We keep in touch with people we met years ago on the Triumph as well as folks we met on the Pride (who are right now cruising without us on the Miracle). Made some life long friends in some - others that we thought would be life long friends, sadly are not. I even met someone I went to HIgh School with (and did not know then) through CC..... imagine that!

We have...as a matter of fact we're cruising on the X Summit with folks we met the first time we were on the X Summit and this summer we are cruising on Carnival with people we met on the Star Princess last summer and a group of us from the Star are planning to cruise Norway on another Princess ship in 2012! Donna

• 1 month later...
Last June on my Canadian cruise I met a group of really nice guys at the Friends of Dorothy Meeting. We met at the same bar everynight and had a blast. We kept in contact through Facebook and we all planned a cruise on the Dream in September.

Hey, I resemble that reply. :)

What a great time I had on that cruise. MY FIRST CRUISE, and to meet such a great group of people. I am so glad we kept in touch, and looking forward to the trip this September.

Greetings,

We cruised on the Paradise September 23, 2001, celebrating our 20th anniversary. At our dinner table were Bob and Judy from Michigan celebrating their 25th. We hung out together alot on that cruise, and promised to do it again in five years. Never heard from them again... until we got a Christmas card in 2005, asking if we were ready for our cruise! We met them on the Elation, September, 2006, and are cruising together again on the Legend September 18, 2011. Can't wait!

Harry & Jackie

Maple Heights, OH

14 yrs ago tomorrow actually met a really great guy while cruising for my first time. We kept in touch and have since taken 15 more cruises together. Definitely have kept in touch. Minor detail I forgot to share....we were married 6 months after we met on that first cruise! :) Never would have guessed I'd meet the man of my dreams on a cruise ship!

I love the story of the couples that met 23 years ago and still get together! The "then" and "now" photos were fantastic. What a story.

I took a cruise in 1993 when I was a senior in high school with my family. We were at a 10 seat table. Our whole table became quick friends, but there were two younger guys at our table that we became especially friendly with. My family exchanged Christmas cards with one of them for years after.

Dh and I sailed on the Splendor last year, but were with our 2 year old daughter. We were sat at the late seating (booked late) at a large table, but had to switch to early seating as the 2 year old couldn't handle that late of a dinnertime. We never even went to the late seating, so we have no idea who was at that table. They did switch us to early seating, but we got our own table. It was kind of a bummer because I was looking forward to meeting others at dinner.

We met a couple from Indiana on our Halloween cruise in 09 (we are from TN). We became friends on Facebook and last April we booked a cruise together from Miami. they drove down from Indianapolis and spent the night with us and we drove to miami together and cruised together again. We still keep in touch on a daily basis!

We have met so many friends along the cruising way and remained in touch. Also had reunion cruises.

In 2005 we met a Mother/Daughter and on MONDAY we will be sailing together again for our 5th cruise together. They are from Michigan, we are in RI! SO excited to be with them again for 9 days!!!!!!!

Also friends we have met along the way..........when they cruise out of Boston we meet them and show them around.

Sunday before our cruise we will be meeting up with wonderful friends we met on a New Years sailing. We will be pre-cruise and they will be disembarking Allure. They are coming to hang out with us at our pre-cruise hotel and we can't wait to see them!

Cruising is such a wonderful way to meet wonderful people and lifelong friends along the way. We have stayed in touch with 95% of folks we have met.

Looking forward to meeting more wonderful folks next week!

We have also remained friends with some crew, in particular a wonderful husband and wife team we met 3 years ago.

Happy cruising:D

I've been lucky enough to meet awesome people on just about every cruise I've taken, and still keep in touch with most of them via Facebook & email. That's what I love about cruising, always so many friendly people! Last October I met my awesome "tipsy sister" Debbie during the Spirit cruise, we got along so well that we're planning a girls getaway to Vegas in the next few months. This October I'm sailing on the Magic with lots of awesome people (like Regina & Tracy) that I've been chatting with on this site (and Facebook) for well over a year, and I'm sure they will remain lifelong friends as well. :)

Met a lady on the original AOL cruise message board before our first Destiny cruise in 1999. She and her husband were going on the same cruise. We met onboard and ran into each other quite a bit on that cruise. For our next cruise, we landed in FLL airport, just as they were getting off of their cruise so we met at the airport for a few minutes. We still keep in touch.

I also came in contact on that same board with two other ladies. For our Glory cruise, we were going to stay in Florida a week after the cruise. One of the ladies lives in Lakeland, Fl. We met at a restaurant for dinner one day. During the meal, I had an abdominal aeortic aneurysm and was rushed to the hospital. She spent the day in the waiting room with my wife while I was in the OR. That night, she rushed her husband in to the OR after having a heart attack and needed bypass surgery. My wife spent that day in the waiting room with her. Before we left for home, we stopped in to their house and her husband and I compared scars. We still keep in touch.

I've never cruised with the second lady, but last summer, she and her husband took a trip through the US and stopped by our house for a couple of hours. We still keep in touch.

• 1 month later...

Archived