2012 schedule

attawaytogo

turtlemichael, When I check the Canadian pricing (discounted, not brochure) it shows as $7299 for H and $7699 for G which includes air from either the USA or Canada. Business class upgrade is $999 per person. It does not show anything about a pre-cruise hotel. Hope this helps.

I was looking forward to meeting you in November but hopefully we will meet on a different cruise.

Another booking on the Monte Carlo to Rio here...between us we have turned H to waitlist! One point of confusion for me. Someone above said that the prices included airfare. On my page H comes up as $19498 brochure fare. Does that price include airfare? I'd be grateful if someone with the quote from their TA can check. As I am in the Antipodes my web brochure price may be different.

Have you considered getting a TA in the United States? It works well for many Regent customers. Only know that airfare is included on this itinerary for those of us in the U.S. and Canada. By the way, there is a small Roll Call started for this cruise. As Mariners mentioned, there was no mention of hotel on the Regent website, however, it did appear on the booking form I received from them.

Rachael,

Just scroll down, using the scroll bar to the right of the dates, to see July 2012 through November 2012.

Dave

Thanks! DUH--my brain is dead from operating with the robot too long.

Have you considered getting a TA in the United States? It works well for many Regent customers. Only know that airfare is included on this itinerary for those of us in the U.S. and Canada. By the way, there is a small Roll Call started for this cruise. As Mariners mentioned, there was no mention of hotel on the Regent website, however, it did appear on the booking form I received from them.

I do have a US TA. When I look at the rate on the web site it comes up as $6199 without mention of air. Pre-cruise hotel is included. The TA is looking at a rate of $7299 including air and pre-cruise hotel. This has caused us great confusion today. There is no indication, that I can see, that this is a special non US/Canada web page. Bottom line is that I thought it was a great bargain and it is still is good but not as good as i thought!

Joanandjoe,

I just noticed that you have booked the crossing, too. The third time is sure to be a lucky charm! We've made no decisions on 2012 yet.

If you book Monte Carlo to Rio, we'll be very happy to see you.

BTW, for those of you who have booked this cruise, there already is a roll call.

turtlemichael, If I go on the Regent website and get the cruise cost in UK pounds, it works out to approximately the same rate, of $6,199, that you see. That might be the cost in the US if you don't use Regent air.

turtlemichael, If I go on the Regent website and get the cruise cost in UK pounds, it works out to approximately the same rate, of $6,199, that you see. That might be the cost in the US if you don't use Regent air.

Hi mariners. Yes, the difference is $1100.00 per person. It's all clear when I understand that we have a special web page with different non-inclusive rates. This is the first time I've seen non-inclusive rates for Australia. I am actually on a cruise just out of Singapore so maybe it is their rates I am looking at :eek:. Sorry too we won't get to meet you in Egypt but there will be another cruise one day!

• 2 weeks later...
We are also booked on Monte Carlo to Rio itinerary. It is really unique. Several frirends have done the portion that leaves Rio and heads to the Amazon and, so far, are not as impressed as they were prior to Rio. This cruise is definitely going to be a sell out:D

You Regent devotees have finally enticed me - I think. I was going to book a November transatlantic on the Oceania Riviera but this itinerary is amazing. I was in Rio 30 years ago! Time to go back. I am seriously considering booking this one.

You Regent devotees have finally enticed me - I think. I was going to book a November transatlantic on the Oceania Riviera but this itinerary is amazing. I was in Rio 30 years ago! Time to go back. I am seriously considering booking this one.

It is a great itinerary. Hope you decide to book (before April 1st when prices go up). Don't forget to join our Roll Call:D

It is a great itinerary. Hope you decide to book (before April 1st when prices go up). Don't forget to join our Roll Call:D

Already called my TA - working on it.

A basic Regent question: I have a ton of frequent flier miles and I usually do my own business class air with miles. How much is the air credit generally?

If I were to use Regent air, are we talking about decent flights on major carriers with good connections?

I will certainly join the roll call as soon as it's a done deal.

Already called my TA - working on it.

A basic Regent question: I have a ton of frequent flier miles and I usually do my own business class air with miles. How much is the air credit generally?

If I were to use Regent air, are we talking about decent flights on major carriers with good connections?

I will certainly join the roll call as soon as it's a done deal.

While I cannot answer the air credit question (someone else will), we almost always book with Regent Air -- especially now that it includes a one night stay at a hotel. They generally use Lufthansa, when possible, to Europe. They used United Airlines for the return from Rio. When we are 170 days out from the cruise (about a year from now :o), we'll check flights and may pay the $100/person deviation fee to get the exact flight times that we want.

Thanks.

Am I able to book with Regent air to begin with and then cancel the air later or must I commit to taking Regent air upon booking?

The free hotel night doesn't interest me much either - loaded with Marriott points LOL. However, is that free hotel night only part of the deal if you book Regent air? The website is not clear.

I am a real Regent newbie. Going to have to learn the ins and outs fast.

I don't think the free/included hotel night applies only if you buy air from them. My understanding is that the hotel price is included in the price and you get a $300 pp credit if you don't want the "free/included" hotel, regardless if youre buying air from Regent or not.

The air credit for European cruises is $1,000, don't know for other cruises.

Thanks.

Am I able to book with Regent air to begin with and then cancel the air later or must I commit to taking Regent air upon booking?

The free hotel night doesn't interest me much either - loaded with Marriott points LOL. However, is that free hotel night only part of the deal if you book Regent air? The website is not clear.

I am a real Regent newbie. Going to have to learn the ins and outs fast.

Pacheco, pls see my post above . I must have been typing at the same time! The hotel deal is separate from the air deal.

Regardless air, you can add it at any time until final payment, but I imagine choices may be more limited. However, I'm not sure how it works if you book it and then cancel . At the very least you will be out the deviation fee , if one was paid.

Laraine,

cruiseluv is correct. The free hotel night is not dependent upon booking Regent Air. If you decline the hotel, your fare will be reduced by $300 per person.

Also, I calculated the fare both with and without Regent Air. If you decline Regent Air, your fare will be reduced by $1100 per person.

Hope this helps.

Dave

You have all been very helpful - much appreciated.

$600 (for 2) for one night in a hotel precruise? Even if I could not get it for free with points, that's insane. I'll take the $$$ LOL

Good tips about the air. $1100 apiece might make me use miles, especially since I can go business class for miles and that would be another 2000 pp round trip if I use Regent Air.

Luckily I have a great TA who owns one of the big on line agencies. I will get good guidance (and good perqs). He gave me a huge OBC on the PG and I expect this cruise will be no different.

Getting excited. I'm Marriott Platinum with tons of points and there's a gorgeous new JW Marriott on Copacabana Beach. Going to take my husband to Corcovado and Sugarloaf.

Archived