Purchasing future cruise certificate via phone

IslandSliderGirl

We sailed the Imagination Jan. 28 - 31. Carnival does not offer the future cruise certificates onboard the Imagination. I called Special Programs last week to purchase one and the agent took my info and said someone would call me. I haven't received a call back, so I called a second time since you have a short window of opportunity after your cruise. Once again, the agent took my info and said someone will call. Has anyone purchased fcc's this way, and if so, how long should I expect to wait for a call? Thanks in advance for your input.

I have been told by both agents I can purchase this way since they were not offered onboard the Imagination.......and I understand you have a week from your sailing to do so. I don't want to miss the opportunity. Just wanted some feedback from anyone if they have actually been able to do this. I'm going to be really disappointed if I have been told by three Carnival reps (two on the phone, one onboard the Imagination when we tried to purchase) that this was possible and it turns out that I can't.:(

This is NOT true!! You can purchase them on the phone for one week following your cruise for ships that do not have them on board for purchase

Cool! That's nice to know. Luckily we have only sailed on ships that sell them on board.

We sailed the Imagination Jan. 28 - 31. Carnival does not offer the future cruise certificates onboard the Imagination. I called Special Programs last week to purchase one and the agent took my info and said someone would call me. I haven't received a call back, so I called a second time since you have a short window of opportunity after your cruise. Once again, the agent took my info and said someone will call. Has anyone purchased fcc's this way, and if so, how long should I expect to wait for a call? Thanks in advance for your input.

I just sailed on the Paradise on Jan. 21st. They didn't have a FCC desk so I was told that I could call and ordered one over the phone. I called on the 27th and they didn't get back to me until this last Friday (Feb 4th) so they probably just haven't gotten to you yet.:)

I was told that as long as I called within a week after getting back from my cruise I was still able to purchase one once they called me back.

I just sailed on the Paradise on Jan. 21st. They didn't have a FCC desk so I was told that I could call and ordered one over the phone. I called on the 27th and they didn't get back to me until this last Friday (Feb 4th) so they probably just haven't gotten to you yet.:)

I was told that as long as I called within a week after getting back from my cruise I was still able to purchase one once they called me back.

Thanks for the info......I don't want to miss the opportunity and have my eye on a September cruise for hubby's 50th birthday. Can't wait to get back on the water!

One thing I don't understand is why not all ships have the future cruise desk? It is just a folding desk set up next to the hallway with a man working on a notebook computer. The man takes your name and cabin info, then prints out a certificate on plain letter paper with your name on it. How difficult could it be to set it up for every ship?

One thing I don't understand is why not all ships have the future cruise desk? It is just a folding desk set up next to the hallway with a man working on a notebook computer. The man takes your name and cabin info, then prints out a certificate on plain letter paper with your name on it. How difficult could it be to set it up for every ship?

A year or so ago, when the program was still new they only had them on 3 ships .. so now they have them on all but 2 ships ..

Hopefully all the ships will offer the FCC's in the near future. I do wish when you call in they could just take care of you on the phone right away instead of taking your information and telling you someone will call. Not efficient....and I'm still waiting.........:confused:

Last year the Carnival website advertised when the Dream would have their FCC desk open. Yeah it was while I would be on board. On board it wasn't open . We were told to call Carnival when we got home. Did so and received a big runaround. At one point was promised I would receive a call to buy them but of course that never happened. Kept leaving messages for the one person who could handle this and he wouldn't return my calls. Needless to say I never was able to purchase them but someone else on my cruise says they were able to when they came back...the gentleman returned my calls months later and was insistant that nothing could be done and I wasn't told I could get them. Good luck to you though :)

You pay $100 towards the deposit of your next cruise and get OBC.

If you buy a FCC on a ship, it does not go toward the deposit, its applied to final payment after you mail it in certified mail.

Ah!! I see....how much OBC?

$50 5 days or less

$75 6 days

$100 OBC for a 7 day cruise per cabin.

terms at the bottom say based on double occupancy, so if you cruise solo, you get half.

Just to make sure, are you calling 800-794-6225. When I called them a couple weeks ago, they couldn't have been nicer. I gave the lady my 3 certicicate numbers and they were applied on the spot, while I was on the phone:):)

I didn't buy any certs but I can't imagine why they'd need to call back.

Finally, a small step towards the 21st century:D

terms at the bottom say based on double occupancy, so if you cruise solo, you get half.

This may have changed recently. A couple of us on our Magic RC had our OBC amounts change:confused: DOUBLED and we're both solos:) Go figure.

Then I remembered having the solo conversation with the gentleman selling them on the Dream and he advised that CCL was reviewing their policy since it slighted solo passengers for no good reason.

I don't want to call and ask since I don't want to call attention, just in case:D

Just to make sure, are you calling 800-794-6225. When I called them a couple weeks ago, they couldn't have been nicer. I gave the lady my 3 certicicate numbers and they were applied on the spot, while I was on the phone:):)

I didn't buy any certs but I can't imagine why they'd need to call back.

Finally, a small step towards the 21st century:D

That is the number I called. Both reps were extremely nice and as helpful as I guess they can be.......just wish when you called you could actually make the purchase. I understand the need to verify my sailing, but you would think it could easily be done by entering my booking number and taking my credit card information, issue me a certificate and be done with the transaction. I want to give them money.....Carnival, please sell me a FCC.

This may have changed recently. A couple of us on our Magic RC had our OBC amounts change:confused: DOUBLED and we're both solos:) Go figure.

Then I remembered having the solo conversation with the gentleman selling them on the Dream and he advised that CCL was reviewing their policy since it slighted solo passengers for no good reason.

I don't want to call and ask since I don't want to call attention, just in case:D

lol its the 200% now getting me, so I may ask for a refund on the other 4 FCCs, Im still holding. Carnival still has time to reconsider, or I may go on another solo if its really really cheap out of Galveston, but Im not actively looking to book any more after these next two are done. I got 4 RCLs after those 2.

lol its the 200% now getting me, so I may ask for a refund on the other 4 FCCs, Im still holding. Carnival still has time to reconsider, or I may go on another solo if its really really cheap out of Galveston, but Im not actively looking to book any more after these next two are done. I got 4 RCLs after those 2.

I hear you:) My upcoming cruises were booked at the lesser %. If I can still book 1A's, I'll still cruise with CCL. I've had great luck meeting such wonderful people on CCL:D

That is the number I called. Both reps were extremely nice and as helpful as I guess they can be.......just wish when you called you could actually make the purchase. I understand the need to verify my sailing, but you would think it could easily be done by entering my booking number and taking my credit card information, issue me a certificate and be done with the transaction. I want to give them money.....Carnival, please sell me a FCC.

Well darn:( I hope you're getting the names and exts of those that you've spoken to. If not, I'd call back tomorrow and ask for a supervisor and request and explanation. That's ridiculous.

Well darn:( I hope you're getting the names and exts of those that you've spoken to. If not, I'd call back tomorrow and ask for a supervisor and request and explanation. That's ridiculous.

Yes, I did get the names and numbers. In fact, the last rep I talked to told me to call her back on Wednesday (tomorrow) if no one had contacted me and she would see if she could help my situation. You can bet I will call her back tomorrow and take her up on her offer of help. I can't complain about the reps I have talked with. I believe their hands are tied. The policy just seems a bit silly to me. If she is unable to figure out how to get my FCC, I will definitely ask to speak to a supervisor.

Archived