Lobster on the Eclipse?

ds521

We'll be taking our first Celebrity cruise in a couple week - we normally cruise with RCCL who have one night where lobster is on the menu in the main dining room. Does Celebrity also have this "lobster night"?

On the Eclipse TA in Oct. everyone around us in Murano got half of a lobster that was not much bigger than a decent sized scampi. Everyone at our table was shocked by the size and by only receiving half of a tail. If that's all they can afford they should just skip it entirely.

On the Eclipse TA in Oct. everyone around us in Murano got half of a lobster that was not much bigger than a decent sized scampi. Everyone at our table was shocked by the size and by only receiving half of a tail. If that's all they can afford they should just skip it entirely.

If it was that small, I can guarantee you it wasn't Maine lobster! We have minimum and maximum size limits. The smallest legal lobster would be around 1#... the largest legal lobster would be no more than 4#. What determines the legal size, though, is the length of the carapace (body shell).

Do they offer Maine lobster in Murano or is it the same Caribbean lobster they serve in the MDR?

Hi Jerseygirl !

It's a Lobster Tail in Murano as well. I'm not certain if it's the same Lobster that's served in the MDR, but it was larger, and tastier. In Murano, they offered a few choices of preparation (Thermador, Broiled or Steamed). I highly recommend trying the Lobster Thermador, as it was outstanding.

I hope this helps. Enjoy you r Cruise !

Sorry, I meant we were served half of a very small lobster tail in the MDR, not Murano.

Archived