Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

cheerldrmom: I love it when a CCF finds a great LBD:)! Sounds like Formal Night outfit is ready to go.

I don't know how others post photos to these threads. After my photos are uploaded to the laptop, they automatically are on snapfish dot com. From there I just pull up a pix, copy and then paste it here.

There's still a month before the Cruise Room starts seeing activity. I might wander in and make sure the closet, drawers and shelves are organized and ready...too soon to move all the jewelry in.....

I started Christmas shopping! Last year we weren't quite ready for the holidays when we did the 10-night cruise. Lesson learned! (Besides, that keeps me from wandering into the Cruise Room...:rolleyes:)

Okay, so when I stated "No new clothes..." it was easy to say and my own choice. Tomorrow I'm going to a funeral home and will see relatives that have been out of touch for years...My first Thought: "What will I wear?? Should I buy something new????" That was the Old Me... After opening the closet door (not the Cruise Closet), I found a perfectly suitable outfit and, thank goodness, the moment of weakness passed! Whew!! (BTW - it was an aunt who passed away, a nice lady as I recall; but not someone who kept in close contact - lest you think I'm being cold-hearted by only thinking about what to wear!)

I'm actually getting excited to go to the back of the Cruise Closet and bottom of the drawers to pull out forgotten clothes to make some CCF magic:cool::)!

I ordered the Jack Rogers sandals from Zappos. Free delivery & returns, so thought why not?-----just got them in and LOVE them! Great quality and nice workmanship. I tried them on with shorts and dresses and they work with everything!! I will take a tip from the reviews and break them in before I cruise

(I have time before Oct 27 on Breakaway).

CateW--Glad to hear you enjoy the brand. I am already looking at the other colors:)

I ordered the Jack Rogers sandals from Zappos. Free delivery & returns' date=' so thought why not?-----just got them in and LOVE them! Great quality and nice workmanship. I tried them on with shorts and dresses and they work with everything!! I will take a tip from the reviews and break them in before I cruise

CateW--Glad to hear you enjoy the brand. I am already looking at the other colors:)[/quote']

I'm going on the Breakaway Oct. 6th. Can't wait. Love your shoes. Great choice!!

I get many emails every day (just like many other CCFs). Mine are mostly food blogs I subscribe to. Talbot's and Zappos come in on a regular basis, too. (might have to check out the Jack Rogers sandals y'all are liking...JUST TO LOOK:rolleyes:.)

One of the food bloggers occasionally writes about fashion and cosmetics. She has talked about (and shown photos) of clothes, etc. that come from "Stitch Fix". Anyone heard of or joined?

I looked at the website. There's a $20 fee, you add sizes and what you like. Every month a box arrives with 5 items. If you keep all items, there's a discount. If there are things you don't like, or don't fit, send it back, postage paid.

Website states each item averages $65.

I could be tempted to do this...maybe in January...

check out "Stitch Fix", even though it isn't a Cruise Clothes site, it could still be fun and interesting.

I ordered the Jack Rogers sandals from Zappos. Free delivery & returns' date=' so thought why not?-----just got them in and LOVE them! Great quality and nice workmanship. I tried them on with shorts and dresses and they work with everything!! I will take a tip from the reviews and break them in before I cruise

CateW--Glad to hear you enjoy the brand. I am already looking at the other colors:)[/quote']

I'm going on the Breakaway Oct. 6th. Can't wait. Love your shoes. Great choice!!

I'm a Breakaway cruiser too :) October 20

I'm a Breakaway cruiser too :) October 20

Thanks. The sandals are, as CateW mentioned, very versatile. Check out the Breakaway thread.

We loved the Epic (January 2013) and the Breakaway has two of the places we really enjoyed----O'Sheehan's and Maltings:) Looking forward to the Waterfront area. Have a great cruise.

Thanks. The sandals are' date=' as CateW mentioned, very versatile. Check out the Breakaway thread.

We loved the Epic (January 2013) and the Breakaway has two of the places we really enjoyed----O'Sheehan's and Maltings:) Looking forward to the Waterfront area. Have a great cruise.[/quote']

I'm looking forward to Howl at the Moon & O'Sheehan's. I can't wait! 34 days to go. :) You have a great cruise too.

I am an avid planner and in the past have been able to make a packing list way ahead of sail date. And, today I figured out why I am having so much trouble for our next cruise, next September.

When we started cruising I was still working and we had a sort of uniform. So, I didn't have as many "nice" clothes. I have lost some weight and that makes it more fun to shop. So, now I have more suitable clothes for cruising and since I love them all, I want to take them all.

I know it this isn't a life altering problem but it is fun for me to plan and pack.

ps. I know, I have too much time on my hands!:)

Edited by luvscruising2007

I get many emails every day (just like many other CCFs). Mine are mostly food blogs I subscribe to. Talbot's and Zappos come in on a regular basis, too. (might have to check out the Jack Rogers sandals y'all are liking...JUST TO LOOK:rolleyes:.)

One of the food bloggers occasionally writes about fashion and cosmetics. She has talked about (and shown photos) of clothes, etc. that come from "Stitch Fix". Anyone heard of or joined?

I looked at the website. There's a $20 fee, you add sizes and what you like. Every month a box arrives with 5 items. If you keep all items, there's a discount. If there are things you don't like, or don't fit, send it back, postage paid.

Website states each item averages $65.

I could be tempted to do this...maybe in January...

check out "Stitch Fix", even though it isn't a Cruise Clothes site, it could still be fun and interesting.

I just checked out Stitch Fix. It looks intriguing:) I think it would be so much fun to see what my personal shopper would choose for me! Maybe it would be a clothing savings in the end? I often buy things because they are on sale or think they'll "go with" things I have at home and end up donating them.....wasting money.

I too am trying not to add to my closet right now, but maybe if I take 1 item out of my closet for everyone that goes in? The reviews are mostly positive and the clothing looks very nice. Let us know if you try it Indiana71.

$(KGrHqJ,!rgFHpQJLvBrBR7zV2UW(w~~60_57.JPG

I haven't decided if I like these or not. Maybe they're too young? Or are they young-at-heart?

They are great. I would wear them and I am an old person, so no they aren't too young. They look so comfy and I love the hearts on them.

Have a great day,

Gerry

luvscruising2007: I'm right there with you! And IMHO, that's not a bad issue!! We love everything in our closet/dresser, etc. and want a chance to wear it all. That's why you go on a couple cruises a year;)! Seriously, though, starting with every possible outfit and then whittling down to what actually goes in the suitcase can be daunting. It's part of The Process. All in all, I believe we have much more fun than the women who take 2 pants/skirts/shorts and a couple tops:rolleyes:.

fyree39: Your white sandals are classic. The style and heel are feminine and timeless. They should get worn on every cruise:cool:.

luvscruising2007: I'm right there with you! And IMHO, that's not a bad issue!! We love everything in our closet/dresser, etc. and want a chance to wear it all. That's why you go on a couple cruises a year;)! Seriously, though, starting with every possible outfit and then whittling down to what actually goes in the suitcase can be daunting. It's part of The Process. All in all, I believe we have much more fun than the women who take 2 pants/skirts/shorts and a couple tops:rolleyes:.

fyree39: Your white sandals are classic. The style and heel are feminine and timeless. They should get worn on every cruise:cool:.

I knew you would understand, Nancy. I really do love the planning.

Jane

We'll be on a 9 night cruise. I have decided that nights 1 & 9 I will dress casually, sandals, pants or capris, nice top.. For the other 7 nights I'm planning on dresses/skirts. I have 3 cocktail dresses that I will wear on formal night and to the specialty restaurant. I just found another cocktail dress that I really like. Is a cocktail dress too much for a casual night? Maybe we should schedule 2 nights at the specialty restaurant.

What do you all think? I think I am over thinking this.

We'll be on a 9 night cruise. I have decided that nights 1 & 9 I will dress casually, sandals, pants or capris, nice top.. For the other 7 nights I'm planning on dresses/skirts. I have 3 cocktail dresses that I will wear on formal night and to the specialty restaurant. I just found another cocktail dress that I really like. Is a cocktail dress too much for a casual night? Maybe we should schedule 2 nights at the specialty restaurant.

I am taking four cocktail dresses that I will be wearing on informal nights on my next cruise. I like dressing up! Even if it is in the MDR, dressing nicely for dinner makes it feel special.

No they aren't. I wear cocktail dresses on casual nights on all our cruises and I wear long formals for formal nights. (I have even been known to wear a formal on casual nights in the MDR):)

Have a great day,

Gerry

Thanks, Scrapnana and Tngaloha. I think I will go for it. What do your hubby's wear. DH generally is in docker style pants and a long sleeve, collared shirt, not necessarily a dress shirt.

When I wear a cocktail dress Tom will usually wear a nice Hawaiian shirt or one of his dress Guyabera (sp) shirts and if I have on a really fancy cocktail dress he will wear a shirt and tie or his Linen suit. When I am formal he is formal. He used to wear his Tux but it has gotten to small for him so now he just wears an black suit.

Does that help?

Have a great evening,

Gerry

Edited by TNGALOHA