Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Finally in one spot for awhile. Warm Naples Florida. That nasty ice storm started right after we left. Im 33 days from my next and so far only cruise booked. I'm sure I'll start looking when I return. I'm ready for a whole new cruise wardrobe! Everything I have with me has been on the last three. I'm tired of it. Maybe a few pieces will revive the old!

Happy Holidays, hope they were warm and happy!

This time next week (Saturday, 12:30 PM) we should be experiencing warm weather. Can't Wait!!

All luggage is packed!! Two suitcases are ready.:cool:

I can appreciate the talk about "real life getting in the way of cruising"...DH & I cancelled the first leg of our June B2B. We will still do the 9 night New England & Canada, but decided that the Bermuda cruise would be much to close to Moving.

Cancelling is never fun - but we will be focusing on the Down Sizing, Selling the Big House, Packing and Watching the New House become our home (still need to choose paint colors, appliances, floor coverings....).

This time next week (Saturday, 12:30 PM) we should be experiencing warm weather. Can't Wait!!

All luggage is packed!! Two suitcases are ready.:cool:

I can appreciate the talk about "real life getting in the way of cruising"...DH & I cancelled the first leg of our June B2B. We will still do the 9 night New England & Canada, but decided that the Bermuda cruise would be much to close to Moving.

Cancelling is never fun - but we will be focusing on the Down Sizing, Selling the Big House, Packing and Watching the New House become our home (still need to choose paint colors, appliances, floor coverings....).

Sound like you have a a lot of work ahead of you. Doing a B2B Canada & NE cruise and a Bermuda cruise would be a lot. Two very different feels to the cruises.

We are off on Sunday on our Regal Princess cruise. We love the ship and have been on her two times before, last time was this Dec. We have two more planed on her, one in Feb and the other in March.

Edited by geocruiser

It will be such a sentimental journey for you as you downsize. I wish I could convince my dh to. I got him to look at some model homes here in Florida. For the moment he thought about it. My house isn't very sellable. Built in 1892. Boiler heat, only half A.C.. Old house old problems. I bath up, 1& a half down. 6 bedrooms. We've tried when our last went to college. On the market for 7 years 5 people came to see. I'm so glad to cruise and travel in the winter cause it's cold too. What were we thinking 30 years ago?

Sunnydaygirl. Put it back on market with an aggressive agent - make sure they post it on Internet sites with plenty of pictures it'll sell. Lots of folks want the huge old houses. We're at the "thinking about it" stage of downsizing too

It will be such a sentimental journey for you as you downsize. I wish I could convince my dh to. I got him to look at some model homes here in Florida. For the moment he thought about it. My house isn't very sellable. Built in 1892. Boiler heat, only half A.C.. Old house old problems. I bath up, 1& a half down. 6 bedrooms. We've tried when our last went to college. On the market for 7 years 5 people came to see. I'm so glad to cruise and travel in the winter cause it's cold too. What were we thinking 30 years ago?

sunnydaygirl - my DH is the same way! All the kids have grown and have families of their own. Here we are just the two of us in this huge house and big yard. The plus side I now have my own room for all my travel stuff (thank you Indiana 71 for the inspiration!).

My nephew and his wife brought a home built in 1837 about two years ago. They love their old home. You just need the right buyer, and there is one out there.

We have a daughter and her husband and two year old and one on the way, moving back to our home town. We'll probably never sell now. My dh is very stubborn about who he gives his business to. Very loyal professional. So we'd have to list with same guy. I warn him, if anything happens to him it's the first thing I'll do! I swear, when we first moved in we were desperate for furniture and took things from parents and grandparents. All antiques now. He could have cared less then. Now he's suddenly grown attached to them! Guess that happens the older you get.

Depressing stuff. Much rather concentrate on upcoming Escape cruise and our trip to Guatemala for our sons wedding. Cruise countdown 27 days. With freestyle they don't really dress up as much as some others. It is what you want. Hope I bought all I need with me to Florida!

Thanks for your kind words.

Hey Nancy, Haven't been on in ages. Still cruising as much as we can. We just got back in the fall from a 2 week cruise from QC to Florida...great repositioning! Went from freezing snowy weather to warm weather. Canada was so beautiful though even in our woollies:) It was a bit tough on Steve though.We knew he needed heart surgery two weeks before we left and he wouldn't cancel. The good Lord was looking out for him.He came back and had open heart surgery 2 days later. Now we are getting ready for our 2 week Caribbean cruise. He is doing great and working out in rehab now. Ready to get out of this sweatshirt and being a Caribbean Fashionista again! I learned so much from your travel organizing tips and still use them!!! Peggy

Hey Nancy, Haven't been on in ages. Still cruising as much as we can. We just got back in the fall from a 2 week cruise from QC to Florida...great repositioning! Went from freezing snowy weather to warm weather. Canada was so beautiful though even in our woollies:) It was a bit tough on Steve though.We knew he needed heart surgery two weeks before we left and he wouldn't cancel. The good Lord was looking out for him.He came back and had open heart surgery 2 days later. Now we are getting ready for our 2 week Caribbean cruise. He is doing great and working out in rehab now. Ready to get out of this sweatshirt and being a Caribbean Fashionista again! I learned so much from your travel organizing tips and still use them!!! Peggy

How scary to get that news. Sounds like your hubby is one strong guy, best of luck through his recovery and rehab. It is all important!

• 2 weeks later...

My BFF came to visit nbe in Florida. Normally we have a winter cruise planned together. Not this year as I'm going with family. Took her too Bealls outlet today. I found khaki shorts and navy pinstripe. Plus a cream top with navy anchors all over it. ImageUploadedByForums1453698079.598037.jpg.8bd834eda5a087b2b88f2b6a8bf014b4.jpg.

I just love adding different pieces to my cruise wardrobe. Spices things up!

ImageUploadedByForums1453698018.535686.jpg.6710f526e856105c5498fc4790fd854d.jpg

My BFF came to visit nbe in Florida. Normally we have a winter cruise planned together. Not this year as I'm going with family. Took her too Bealls outlet today. I found khaki shorts and navy pinstripe. Plus a cream top with navy anchors all over it. [ATTACH]374509[/ATTACH]. Not a great picture but I love the clothes. Also got my daughter traveling with its a top.[ATTACH]374510[/ATTACH].

I just love adding different pieces to my cruise wardrobe. Spices things up!

I just love Bealls. Unfortunately for me and my wallet, I have two of them (one regular Bealls and one Bealls outlet with in one mile of my home.

I love your new items.

My family and I are ok. We had a shovel brigade going on our block today trying to make our street safer. The city sent a snow plow last night but it got stuck so they never came back. We will survive. Really hoping this will be it for us and spring will arrive very early!:D

We had an extra day on Anthem of the Seas! Nice for us...not so nice for folks expecting to board:mad:.

Anthem is a spectacular ship. At first we were a bit disoriented - it isn't like any other RCI, so we had to explore and check out all the new venues.

The technology on display in Two70 is amazing and cost as much as the first RCI ship. "We Will Rock You" could easily be on Broadway - it was that good!

Having 4 dining rooms with different themes worked for us. We had the same table number in approximately the same place in each dining room, and our waiter was the same throughout.

Dinner in Wonderland was a highlight! DH was apprehensive when reading the menu early in the day. He said, "Nothing looks good to me." WELL - he sang its praises many times. I won't go into detail about each course - all the food was familiar...just presented in a different way. The 2 entrees, Short Rib of Beef was HUGE and tender enough to eat with a fork. And the Branzino served with puff pastry was delicious.

On Day 2 we had very rough seas...first time ever I was hit with seasickness. Lots of folks lined up at Guest Services for complimentary meds.

I was down for about 5 hours...missed Meet & Mingle but DH went and said the crowd was much smaller than expected, due to the roughness and mal de mer.

When the Captain announced that even rougher seas would be in our path if we returned on the same route, everyone was relieved to know he chose to go around the storm...giving us a bonus day at sea.

Also gave us free room phone and wifi for the remained of the cruise.

Since this is, after all, a thread about Fashion...I saw many more females in workout clothes rather than old T-shirts and shorts. Much nicer than the thrown-on look.

And since one of the comp restaurants is always formal, there were dressed up passengers every night. I liked that, too!

PLANK: Happy to hear your DH is doing well. Hope to see you again on a future cruise:cool:.

Selling a House: Even though this is a subject off topic, it still affects our cruising. :cool:We haven't advertised our big house yet. It's 35 years old and isn't as "updated" as many young families would want. But, we are getting ready to take that step. I'm not looking forward to the stress of it all...but c'est le vie...the new house is coming along and we expect to move in May.

Meanwhile - the Cruise Room is losing it's tropical personality. Over Valentine weekend, DS & family (local) are coming and will use the room...and then take the bedroom furniture for our granddaughter. All the drawers are empty (clothes moved to other spaces) and jewelry boxes, etc. are in different places, too.

Next Cruise is the end of June. Seems like a long time...so much going on until then!

It's been almost 4 years since I've been on rcl. I I'm ready too re-visit that line. The new ship sounds amazing. So sorry the rough seas had you down. Am thankful that's never happened to me. I do feel bad for those waiting on their cruise but lucky you for extra day. What a mess that must create for them.

I'm mostly packed, and while I've uses packing cubes before, this time I used even more. Will see how that turns out as had to pack early. My DH hadn't started, but no big choices to make as we did that when we came to Florida late Dec.

Finally get to see and experience the Escape. For the first time in a few years, I don't have my next cruise booked. There's just so much happening or possibly happening I've had to hit pause. Getting a new grandchild in Sept and the only downside to that is now, because of zita virus she can't go to Guatemala for brothers wedding. With three girls and one boy, my girls are very close to him. She cried when the news came out. Glad for the internet. Hoping for a cruise soon after the birth. Love fall cruising!

Sharing this cruise with youngest dd family. Can't wait till see dgd in her anchor dress!

Stay safe and warm everyone. Spring is coming!

Trying a new way of packing. Dh is getting tired of the two suitcases. They are heavy to put into the trunk of the car for our drive to the port. I am not able to lift heavy cases. So now I have for roll on carry ons. I have all our clothers folded on the spare bed. Friday or Sat I will pack. There will be no other bags but these. If I need to reware anythig it will sent to the ship's laundry (with Princess we get all the wash, press and dry cleaning we need for free. That will make it easier for me to pack less (I hope).

I did take some pictures of my outfits and hope topost when we get back.