Photos of Pacific Pearl Pool Area

Kiwi Kid

Can anyone supply me with photos of the Pacific Pearl pool area please? In particular I am looking for a shot towards the restaurant end to identify that there is no spa there. Would need to know when it was taken. Please email me at d j small @ orcon.net.nz.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks for link - very useful!

BradP - trust me when I say I believe you and everyone else that there are no free spas. But after discussions with the Commerce Commission yesterday, I need to prove that they don't exist. Based on my initial outline to CC, it appears they could have breached three areas - false & misleading, pricing (ie it's not included in your fare) and displaying facilities that don't exist. The CC stated that the more information I can provide, such as screen shots, links, photos, copies of brochures, etc., the easier it is for them to pursue a claim (if it's warranted). I had everything in order except for recent photos, hence my request.

I know many will think it's a little petty, but regardless of the size of a company, the rules are the same for everyone. I am fortunate (??) in that I have dealt with the CC on a separate matter, which resulted in prosecution & fines. (And incase anyone's wondering, there is NO financial gain to individuals). You have to be prepared to go to Court (you do get a taxi chit & lunch voucher :D), swear affidavits and basically dedicate a large chunk of your time to it. But unless someone does something, nothing changes. Phew now that I've got that off my chest, I better get back to my day job ;)!

Good luck to you Kiwi Kid, it's good someone's standing up to the big guys! Next thing we'l be getting charged for eating at the dining room unless we take a stand for it now, especially when it's misleading.

The last picture on post #14 by Kiwi Cruiser actually shows where the spas 'were' located before they were removed, on that raised platform.

I may also have some good pictures for you as well just haven't got around to uploading them yet.

Good luck to you Kiwi Kid, it's good someone's standing up to the big guys! Next thing we'l be getting charged for eating at the dining room unless we take a stand for it now, especially when it's misleading.

The last picture on post #14 by Kiwi Cruiser actually shows where the spas 'were' located before they were removed, on that raised platform.

I may also have some good pictures for you as well just haven't got around to uploading them yet.

know that is not from the truth and it will happen in one way or a nother where we will have to pay to use the dinning room.

that australian goverment passed a law last year about how companies advertise there prices and discount, but some how P&O and Princess do not have to follow the ozzy rules, but they do when it suits them as in alcochol prises when they do not pay any taxes or duty on any of it.

Thied,

I thought the law meant that prices (air fares, cruises) had to include taxes. Only about two years ago I saw in the Sunday paper a great price for flights to LA. Wow. We could book a cruise in that part of the world. But when I phoned the TA (a very big one) the total price was half as much again when taxes were included. :mad:

I don't think this law is relevant to the present discussion.

Thanks for link - very useful!

BradP - trust me when I say I believe you and everyone else that there are no free spas. But after discussions with the Commerce Commission yesterday, I need to prove that they don't exist. Based on my initial outline to CC, it appears they could have breached three areas - false & misleading, pricing (ie it's not included in your fare) and displaying facilities that don't exist. The CC stated that the more information I can provide, such as screen shots, links, photos, copies of brochures, etc., the easier it is for them to pursue a claim (if it's warranted). I had everything in order except for recent photos, hence my request.

I know many will think it's a little petty, but regardless of the size of a company, the rules are the same for everyone. I am fortunate (??) in that I have dealt with the CC on a separate matter, which resulted in prosecution & fines. (And incase anyone's wondering, there is NO financial gain to individuals). You have to be prepared to go to Court (you do get a taxi chit & lunch voucher :D), swear affidavits and basically dedicate a large chunk of your time to it. But unless someone does something, nothing changes. Phew now that I've got that off my chest, I better get back to my day job ;)!

Ahh ok didn't know that. Thought it was yet another person asking the same question :-)

I was on the 4 day akl-syd cruise (haven't posted a review yet - geez i'm slack lol) and I spent a good day and a half searching for the free spas. I was really disappointed when I realised there werent any :(

Thied,

I thought the law meant that prices (air fares, cruises) had to include taxes. Only about two years ago I saw in the Sunday paper a great price for flights to LA. Wow. We could book a cruise in that part of the world. But when I phoned the TA (a very big one) the total price was half as much again when taxes were included. :mad:

I don't think this law is relevant to the present discussion.

yes it did and to stop companies from running spiecals perminitly, by of this the full price but you can buy it for this price way cheaper,

I could say 100 % that no one has ever paid full price with P&O or Princess ever since they started advertiseing the way they do now.

eg full fare is $6259 per person twin share Price Breaker $3759 per person twin share.

why waste the paper and the ink, the full fare does not a real price as they never charge it.

I could say 100 % that no one has ever paid full price with P&O or Princess ever since they started advertiseing the way they do now.

eg full fare is $6259 per person twin share Price Breaker $3759 per person twin share.

why waste the paper and the ink, the full fare does not a real price as they never charge it.

Hotels do it, airlines do it and cruise lines do it. They all discount to get the business, but if you want to pay full rack rate for the extra benefits or for comparison in certain situations, the 'full price' is there.

Everyone aboard doesn't just pay one price anyway, they go up and down based on a number of factors, so that's just another price.

Hi Kiwi Kid, I had a good look at the P&O site today and noted that the 'Pacific Pearl' was exempt from spas. P&O need to look at the online companies advertising the Pearl (and no doubt the rest of the fleet) as we booked a mini-suite on the Pearl, believing it to have facilities that are actually only available in a full suite on the Pacific Dawn. We have paid for that and now that I know we are not getting those facilities, I am going to deal with it in the morning.

Have a good look through the P&O website and you will see what I mean about 'no spas'. It does appear to have a spa in the Oasis (according to the photos on P&O's website). We normally have a full suite but on this ship there aren't any and the Oasis is not complimentary in a mini-suite. In the event there are children on the cruise (which there damn well shouldn't be - they have only just gone back to school:mad:), we will pay the money and use the Oasis.

Cheers

Di

Hotels do it, airlines do it and cruise lines do it. They all discount to get the business, but if you want to pay full rack rate for the extra benefits or for comparison in certain situations, the 'full price' is there.

Everyone aboard doesn't just pay one price anyway, they go up and down based on a number of factors, so that's just another price.

air lines to not advertise in the same nor do hotels. and not a perminet bases. can you show me one that does in a book like P&O do?

Hi Kiwi Kid, I had a good look at the P&O site today and noted that the 'Pacific Pearl' was exempt from spas. P&O need to look at the online companies advertising the Pearl (and no doubt the rest of the fleet) as we booked a mini-suite on the Pearl, believing it to have facilities that are actually only available in a full suite on the Pacific Dawn. We have paid for that and now that I know we are not getting those facilities, I am going to deal with it in the morning.

Have a good look through the P&O website and you will see what I mean about 'no spas'. It does appear to have a spa in the Oasis (according to the photos on P&O's website). We normally have a full suite but on this ship there aren't any and the Oasis is not complimentary in a mini-suite. In the event there are children on the cruise (which there damn well shouldn't be - they have only just gone back to school:mad:), we will pay the money and use the Oasis.

Cheers

Di

Hi Di,

I hope you have a great cruise and can put these issues behind you and still manage to enjoy your selves.

I didn't know about the Pacific Pearl only having Mini Suites and no actual Suites, that being the case I think P&O should give the extras advertised to the top range of cabins on each ship, whatever they are called.

Only one point, hate to disappoint you but you will find families and plenty of kids on board at any time of year but not as many as in School Holiday time. Don't worry about this aspect though as the P&O kids clubs are fantastic and keep them very well occupied most of the time.:)

Jenny

We have also booked a suite only to find it is a mini suite! I am not really impressed as P & O's blurb on the Pearl stated there were Suites and Mini Suites. I have also read reviews from passengers stating they did not receive the extras that were advertised with even a Mini Suite! They complained at the Pursers desk only to be ignored.

The whole ship will hear me if this is the case.

My cousin went on the Pearl in January and came back and reported no spa unless you pay for it. She was pretty shocked as she has been on the Dawn and used the spa all the time. I was under the illusion the Pearl was the same!

P & O will be losing customers if they contine this way as there are plenty of other cruise lines now coming down to the South Pacific.

I can remember when you could take one bottle ( either spirits or wine) on board and we never saw any bad behaviour. It was quite civilized to have friends over for a pre dinner drink in the cabin. Since then we have cruised many times and I have seem some very drunk passengers who were continually served drinks by staff even though they could hardly stand. Also until P & O offer true duty free prices passengers will continue to grumble.

I look forward to our cruise in May.

Morning all, I have just returned home from the Pearl last week & I can absolutely, positively say that the only spas were those on the Oasis that you had to pay for. Our group was very disappointed with this as we also spent a lot of time in them on the Dawn. With regards to the kids, they were everywhere & unsupervised on the Pearl!:eek:

Archived