Platinum Gifts- John just posted

gargoyle999

I wonder how many of you complain about birthday or Christmas gifts you get. How ungrateful can you get. If you don't want the gift, tell the steward to take it back. But whinning and complaining about it just makes you sound like brats.

I fully expect that we will have 4 coolers by the end of March. I'm happy about it. Maybe I can give 2 of them to people that would like them!

Or maybe we will keep them for lunch boxes, or maybe we will use them to carry on our allowed sodas, or maybe I will sell them on ebay. But one thing I won't be doing is acting like a little brat.

2 Tote Bags~ Check

3 Thermos's~Check

9 Frames~ Check

2 Notepads~ Check

Thousands of dollars in cruises for 3 with Carnival...

Now a cheap little cooler?? PLEASE~:rolleyes: Bring back the Tote Bags ( something thats practical), this is just going down hill in a hand basket! Somebody at Carnival needs an Imagination!

And Janet I dont think that anyone asked you to bash others with an opinion.. That my dear will get you suspended.

2 Tote Bags~ Check

3 Thermos's~Check

9 Frames~ Check

2 Notepads~ Check

Now a cheap little cooler?? PLEASE~:rolleyes: Bring back the Tote Bags ( something thats practical), this is just going down hill in a hand basket! Somebody at Carnival needs an Imagination!

And Janet I dont think that anyone asked you to bash others with an opinion.. That my dear will get you suspended.

I wasn't bashing anyone my dear. I was simply stating that the remarks sound like they are coming from spoiled brats my dear.

how big is the notepad?

DW turns Platinum on the 2nd cruise of our Splendor B2B coming up in a couple weeks. We have many coolers so don't need that but I do like pads of paper and generally try to steal them when I can find a fairly full one in a hotel room or ship cabin. :)

There was one of those notebook thingies on eBay a week or so ago..sold for 8.00..... The only one I've seen so far.

I wonder how many of you complain about birthday or Christmas gifts you get. How ungrateful can you get. If you don't want the gift, tell the steward to take it back. But whinning and complaining about it just makes you sound like brats.

I fully expect that we will have 4 coolers by the end of March. I'm happy about it. Maybe I can give 2 of them to people that would like them!

Or maybe we will keep them for lunch boxes, or maybe we will use them to carry on our allowed sodas, or maybe I will sell them on ebay. But one thing I won't be doing is acting like a little brat.

I agree. I don't cruise Carnival for the perks. Anything they chose is fine with me. If I don't like it, I can give it away or sell it on eBay. While the "thank you" from Carnival is appreciated, I'd cruise with them if they never gave anything away.

But the complaints are childish.

Some seem to have an overimflated sense of entitlement.

2 Tote Bags~ Check

3 Thermos's~Check

9 Frames~ Check

2 Notepads~ Check

I must support Janet....I don't read in her post that she has bashed anyone. She has voiced an opinion...just like everyone here.....

2 Tote Bags~ Check

3 Thermos's~Check

9 Frames~ Check

2 Notepads~ Check

.3 Tote Bags

.8 'Thermos' things

12 Picture Frames **

But now you've given me Notepad envy. :)

** 2 were 'gifted' to me by Tom-n-Cheryl, sorta as a goof.

I've used one tote bag A LOT (has been very useful)

Temporarily pulled one thermos out of the box just to see what it looked like.

The only frame that's left the box was by the Port Authority security dude (in "The Room") as he unsuccessfully searched for drugs. I asked him if he wanted he. No answer, just a glare.

I wonder how many of you complain about birthday or Christmas gifts you get. How ungrateful can you get. If you don't want the gift, tell the steward to take it back.

I think my steward did, without asking. Unless the platinum gift is just a pin on Imagination.

Next week I will be on my 9th Carnival cruise, with my first Platinum cruise in April. Personally I am excited to have achieved this status - and I really don't care what gift I get, if any. I am just happy to finally say that I am a Platinum cruiser and maybe get to go to the front of the line once in a while...although I hope that I never get to be obnoxious enough to push my status and become one of "those" people.

I still get excited planning a cruise, and waiting for the time to pass while talking here on CC. I like researching ports even though I have been there many times before. Another hope I have is that I never become blase' about cruising, or so bored that all I do is complain.

To those who keep bashing the choice of gifts that you receive, I say keep it up. Carnival can then just stop the program all together, and people will have something new to complain about...no program or gift whatsoever.

If you don't like your free gift then just leave it on the ship, or give it to someone you know who is just discovering cruising. Believe me, they will appreciate it much more than some people who post on these boards.

Yippeeeeeee!!!! I hope I get the one that comes with beer!!! :D :D

Yes, I'm joshing . . .

But you have to admit that's the way it reads on JH's post. Makes it sound like it contains ("holds") one of those options. :)

Did someone say BEER? :D

Tom

I agree. I don't cruise Carnival for the perks. Anything they chose is fine with me. If I don't like it' date=' I can give it away or sell it on eBay. While the "thank you" from Carnival is appreciated, I'd cruise with them if they never gave anything away.

But the complaints are childish.

Some seem to have an overimflated sense of entitlement.[/quote']

Could not agree with you more.

Calling people Brats is childish. You dont know any of us.. My point is that if you are going to give gifts then give something worthwhile or dont. I dont care if I get a gift I much prefer the tangible things like priority embarkation ect. As you can see just from this thread the majority think the gifts are a joke.

Hi......he's a very lucky kid!!!!!

How are you and the family?? Yeah both my kids are platinum so the gifts are usually times 3:eek: On the New Years cruise it was just Cam and I so only 2 notepads:rolleyes: Cameron will be 17 and Kaitlyn 23 next month OMG!! He was 13 when we cruised with you guys!!

Your kids should be close to platinum arent they??

I received one of these coolers when I ordered a 6pak from Bon Voyage. It is quite nice and I am looking forward to receiving another one. I realize it will be 'sans' beer and hat.

<a href=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4105/5042072409_98f60dc1bc.jpg' alt='5042072409_98f60dc1bc.jpg'> Beer and Cooler Ordered From Bon Voyage by capndinghy, on Flickr[/img]

I can handle one Carnival cooler, but would have no use for more. John, has also said today that the pen and note set would be an optional gift for people that do not want another cooler. I actually liked the free soft drink coupons on my last cruise. It was a B2B and did not use them all. So I have 4 to use on the Triumph in 14 days and a wake up and I can cool them in my new Carnival Cooler. :D

Archived