Complimentary bar set up

hrprof

From my TA

Oceania is offering a one time complimentary bar set up at embarkation for the following categories-Owners Suites (OS), Vista Suites (VS) and Oceania Suites (OC) onboard Marina and Owners Suites (OS) and Vista Suites (VS) onboard Regatta, Insignia and Nautica-(Effective as of Europe 2011 sailings for Insignia / Nautica and Alaska sailings for Regatta)

The complimentary bar set up is only done once at embarkation. There will be a charge for any requests to replenish any of the bottles included in the set up.

No substitutions are allowed as the setup is a complimentary standard setup. Mixers are complimentary.

Here are the bottles included in the set up:

Johnny Walker Black Scotch Whiskey

Grey Goose Vodka

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Bacardi Superior Rum

white wine bottle

red wine bottle

I guess I could drink Johnny Walker Black if forced to but I think I'll just stay in a lower level room and bring my own Oban or Balvenie.

What I do like is that it is a trend toward more all inclusiveness. I do believe a few years ago that Regent only offered a set up in the room, very similar to this.

I'm sure others would rather not see that happen as it will undoubtedly increase costs. I guess it's a two edged sword. I feel the price O charges justifies a few more inclusions.

This is probably a stupid question, but would I be correct in assuming that a bar "setup" are miniatures, not fifths? Can't imagine anyone could go through that much liquor in cruise. But with all the comments about having enough glassware in these suites for a party, I thought I'd ask.

This is probably a stupid question, but would I be correct in assuming that a bar "setup" are miniatures, not fifths? Can't imagine anyone could go through that much liquor in cruise. But with all the comments about having enough glassware in these suites for a party, I thought I'd ask.

I am going to guess they are larger bottles

I am sure they do not expect you to drink them all but you may have guests with which you can share

I know I am talking apples and oranges between cruise lines but past experience as a 'elite' cruiser on Princess, they provide a one time bar set up of miniature liquor bottles, e.g. 2 of each of 4 different liquors. Another more luxurious line asks what you drink when booking is fully paid and provide one liter of two per cabin. With the OP noting replacement at additional cost for O, IMO it is likely a miniature provision for O.

As you can see from this post, fine wine is close to my heart. So, I hope you will forgive me the following three "booze" questions.

Last time I was on the Regatta (2 years ago), the alcohol policy was that you could bring aboard wine/liquor at port of embarkation, as well as at each port. There was no limit. Recently, I read however, that only 3 bottle were allowed per stateroom, per cruise (not per port or per person). Has the policy changed in the past 2 years, or is the 3 bottle limit, in practice, not the case?

Also, we could buy alcohol in the duty-free shop (though the selection was limited on Regatta); either it would be held until the end of the cruise, or a $15 "take-out" fee was charged. Is that still the case, and, if so, does anyone know whether the Marina have a wider selection in duty-free liquor?

Finally, during the first few days of that last cruise, there was a special wine-buying opportunity to get some "close-out" and reserve selections that were not necessarily on the wine list. The wine would be stored for you for consumption in the stateroom or at the restaurants. Is that same opportunity still available on the current cruises?

Hi Ted, have you booked your first Marina cruise yet. Are u thinking about the Riviera?

Colonel

No, 2011 pretty well booked up - we're on Regatta from SFO to NYC in September. We're in a Vista so qualify for this very serious bar set up. We are searching the Marina Itins for one that fits in our plans - will grab one that works!

Ted

Last time I was on the Regatta (2 years ago), the alcohol policy was that you could bring aboard wine/liquor at port of embarkation, as well as at each port. There was no limit. I think that is still the same

Also, we could buy alcohol in the duty-free shop (though the selection was limited on Regatta); either it would be held until the end of the cruise, or a $15 "take-out" fee was charged. Is that still the case, and, if so, does anyone know whether the Marina have a wider selection in duty-free liquor?

I do not recall any duty free on Regatta or take out fee ?

Finally, during the first few days of that last cruise, there was a special wine-buying opportunity to get some "close-out" and reserve selections that were not necessarily on the wine list. The wine would be stored for you for consumption in the stateroom or at the restaurants. Is that same opportunity still available on the current cruises?

I wonder if they will have it on the Marina but I guess it depends on when you are sailing

we did have the sale on Insignia in July /Aug last year

They also had a package deal for wines buy 2 + for a specific price discount

THere are the bottles included in the set up:

Johnny Walker Black Scotch Whiskey

Grey Goose Vodka

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Bacardi Superior Rum

white wine bottle

red wine bottle

Bah humbug, where's my bourbon???? I can survive on the Grey Goose if I must ... and the wine will be welcome.

Not that I'm booked in a VS or OS any time anyway so no bourbon is irrelevant ...

Mura

As you can see from this post, fine wine is close to my heart. So, I hope you will forgive me the following three "booze" questions.

We were never aware of a 'Duty Free" shop for alcohol purchases on any Oceania vessel.

5ths..and yep..some of us just love to have parties:p

Archived