Rum Runner Flasks ... Question

F27TW

Taking a RCCL cruise out of Port Canaveral next month and just for fun purchased a cpl of those Rum Runner Flasks to bring a little sum'-sum' on board with us!

Is it more advisable to put them in checked luggage or will I still get them through if they're in my hand luggage?

Curious to hear your feedback on this!

Taking a RCCL cruise out of Port Canaveral next month and just for fun purchased a cpl of those Rum Runner Flasks to bring a little sum'-sum' on board with us!

Is it more advisable to put them in checked luggage or will I still get them through if they're in my hand luggage?

Curious to hear your feedback on this!

These must go in your checked bags. Your hand luggage will be screened when brought on board just like at an airport. Most times, they check any liquids that are in your bag--especially in a rum runner.

Wow -- Ok thanks for the info, Parrothead!

Would hate to see my Stoli get pinched and poured out ! :eek:

Do some searching for recommendations on how to pack them. You are taking a short cruise at the height of spring break, don't count on them making it through. They are very strict during spring break.

If they find your illegal stash, you won't get the booze or the flask back:rolleyes:

I wonder if the good folks in the naughty room make some extra $$$ selling all the confiscated Rum Runners on Ebay??? :D

The Rum Runner flasks are so cheap anyway. They're really nothing more than a plastic bag with a pour spot on them.

We're trying this more just for fun!

I am very curious about what the crew do with all the confiscated booze they end up with in the Naughty Room (love the name!). No one will convince me it just gets poured out!

Does it end up being distributed to the crew? I know that the passengers it was confiscated from don't get it back.

The Rum Runner flasks are so cheap anyway. They're really nothing more than a plastic bag with a pour spot on them.

We're trying this more just for fun!

I am very curious about what the crew do with all the confiscated booze they end up with in the Naughty Room (love the name!). No one will convince me it just gets poured out!

Does it end up being distributed to the crew? I know that the passengers it was confiscated from don't get it back.

Supposedly Rum runners are thrown away...I'm not sure if they are emptied before hand.

I would like to think that the crew gets to enjoy free booze on some of the same people who screw them out of tips to save a buck.:p But I have a feeling they don't.:(

just put in your pockets and walk right through detectors. i just did this last month on majesty.

Now thats a GREAT idea. Unfortunately the ones I bought would be just a bit too big for me to fit in my pockets. I might attract even more attention as I waddled and sloshed my way through security! LOL

And as far as RCI is concerned it is "ILLEGAL"... Sheesh:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Illegal and rules are very different.

Bringing booze on is against their rules, won't get you arrested or thown off the ship. Bringing drugs on is illegal, will get you arrested and thrown off the ship.:eek:

Illegal and rules are very different.

Bringing booze on is against their rules, won't get you arrested or thown off the ship. Bringing drugs on is illegal, will get you arrested and thrown off the ship.:eek:

Well, it won't get you arrested for sure, BUT, they do have the right to throw you off the ship. To my knowledge, they have not exercised this option, but it is there in black and white in their "rules."

Well, it won't get you arrested for sure, BUT, they do have the right to throw you off the ship. To my knowledge, they have not exercised this option, but it is there in black and white in their "rules."

They do have the right to throw you off, their ship, their rules but they won't, they are not stupid. They just take the booze from you.:D

I've heard of them exercising this option, but don't really know first hand. But the story I heard involved someone getting caught trying to sneak alcohol on, then getting caught at the next port trying to do it again.

And as far as RCI is concerned it is "ILLEGAL"... Sheesh:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So chair hogging is illegal, wearing shorts in the MDR is illegal, keeping your balcony door open is illegal, bringing water or preferred soda onboard is illegal? I guess if you were in charge of the ship 90% of the people would be in the brig. Sheesh:rolleyes:

So chair hogging is illegal, wearing shorts in the MDR is illegal, keeping your balcony door open is illegal, bringing water or preferred soda onboard is illegal? I guess if you were in charge of the ship 90% of the people would be in the brig. Sheesh:rolleyes:

Come on, the original "sheesh" was just over you quibbling about semantics of law vs. rule. And if you really want to quibble about linguistics, the word law is not exclusively applied to government-imposed rules, nor does it exclusively apply to rules that will get you arrested or thrown into the brig. So, you are not even technically right in this discussion. But, you may have noticed that koterry already conceded in the post above, so you don't have to keep trying to make your errant point. :p

Come on, the original "sheesh" was just over you quibbling about semantics of law vs. rule. And if you really want to quibble about linguistics, the word law is not exclusively applied to government-imposed rules, nor does it exclusively apply to rules that will get you arrested or thrown into the brig. So, you are not even technically right in this discussion. But, you may have noticed that koterry already conceded in the post above, so you don't have to keep trying to make your errant point. :p

Is your halo visible to the naked eye??

I'm not taking sides here in any way, but it's interesting to me that RCI hasn't denied boarding to people that have attempted to smuggle. It would seem to me that if they wanted to truly put a stop to it, they would do a few high-profile cases of not letting people board just to get the word out that it could happen to anybody.

They would have to actually totally deny boarding for the cruise - not just make the people get rid of the booze and then board. The only reason I can think of that they haven't done this is that they would anger so many people that it might backfire and cause a lot of people to stop cruising with them. What do you think?

Archived