Laundry on Eurodam

Karadad

Appears there is no self serve laundry on the Eurodam. How expensive/reasonable is the full service laundry, especially ironing/pressing service?

Thanks, Tom

We are going on the 16 day translatlantic on the Eurodam and have been quoted $112 for laundry service. If you're on a seven day, it will probably be considerably less. I think its great value!

We had the unlimited option for our 10 day cruise on the Eurodam last May. They did a fantastic job and the clothes came back promptly, pressed and either hung on hangers or neatly folded. I plan on ordering the same service on our 10 day on the Noordam. The price was $70 for unlimited laundry for 10 days. Money well spent. ;)

Diane

that's not good.

some people don't like others to touch their underware...:D

Then those persons can either pack enough clean underwear for the cruise or they can handwash it in the cabin sink and hang it on the line in the shower.

This is my first HAL cruise and I intend to use either the per bag option or unlimited $49 option. Do keep this in mind, practically all US air lines now end up charging for a checked luggage, so that ends up setting you back by about $50/suit case. In my case, between my family, I think we can fit a three day set of clothes in 1 suitcase and be done with. I will just use the laundry service and not deal with the problem of hauling suitcases.

So another thing to keep in mind.

The laundry and pressing package will be offered to all guests the day after the first formal night, not on embarkation day. PACKAGES DO NOT INCLUDE DRY CLEANING.

UNLIMITED LAUNDRY:

Pricing for unlimited Laundry is:

- 7-day itinerary $45.00 with no limit

- 10-day itinerary $70.00 with no limit

- 14-16 day itinerary $95.00 with no limit

- 17-21 day itinerary $120.00 with no limit

HOLIDAY SAILING LAUNDRY PACKAGE:

Pricing during Holiday sailings only:

- 7-day itinerary, $50.00 with a limit of 75 items.

- 10-day itinerary, $75.00 with a limit of 100 items

- 14-16 day itinerary $99.00 with no limit

- 17-21 day itinerary $125.00 with no limit

PRESSING:

Unlimited "Pressing Only" is $30.00 for any itinerary except cruises longer than 21 days. For cruises longer than 21 days, add $5 for every additional week beyond 21 days.

Laundry by the Bag:

For a flat fee of $20.00, guest can launder as many items as they can fit inside one Holland America laundry bag. This offer does not include dry cleaning. Requires 48 hours for the processing and the return. This offer is valid until 2 days before the end of the cruise

The laundry and pressing package will be offered to all guests the day after the first formal night, not on embarkation day.

K.K. you keep posting this, yet others have stated that the laundry service is available much sooner.... some have said right after they boarded they have sent out laundry. We will be on the Eurodam this summer and the first formal night is not until the 3rd night! :eek:

Does it vary by ship?

good info.:)

so the price went down a bit, from $49 to $45 now.

The laundry and pressing package will be offered to all guests the day after the first formal night, not on embarkation day. PACKAGES DO NOT INCLUDE DRY CLEANING.

UNLIMITED LAUNDRY:

Pricing for unlimited Laundry is:

- 7-day itinerary $45.00 with no limit

- 10-day itinerary $70.00 with no limit

- 14-16 day itinerary $95.00 with no limit

- 17-21 day itinerary $120.00 with no limit

HOLIDAY SAILING LAUNDRY PACKAGE:

Pricing during Holiday sailings only:

- 7-day itinerary, $50.00 with a limit of 75 items.

- 10-day itinerary, $75.00 with a limit of 100 items

- 14-16 day itinerary $99.00 with no limit

- 17-21 day itinerary $125.00 with no limit

PRESSING:

Unlimited "Pressing Only" is $30.00 for any itinerary except cruises longer than 21 days. For cruises longer than 21 days, add $5 for every additional week beyond 21 days.

Laundry by the Bag:

For a flat fee of $20.00, guest can launder as many items as they can fit inside one Holland America laundry bag. This offer does not include dry cleaning. Requires 48 hours for the processing and the return. This offer is valid until 2 days before the end of the cruise

• 2 months later...

Can anyone who has sailed recently confirm how soon into the sailing the unlimited laundry service can commence? We're staying in London 5 days pre-cruise prior to sailing Eurodam in July so it will be most helpful to know how soon we can take advantage of the ship's laundry services. On our Noordam sailing in 2009, we could not send our laundry out until the 2nd or 3rd day.

Can anyone who has sailed recently confirm how soon into the sailing the unlimited laundry service can commence? We're staying in London 5 days pre-cruise prior to sailing Eurodam in July so it will be most helpful to know how soon we can take advantage of the ship's laundry services. On our Noordam sailing in 2009, we could not send our laundry out until the 2nd or 3rd day.

We have always sent out laundry on day one (the evening) especially when we are doing Europe. We always arrive early, so there is always laundry that has to be done ;) Mind you, laundry is included in our room so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

even if you wait until the 2nd day, if you put it out early in the morning or pass it to your steward before 9 a.m., it will be back very promptly.:)

that price list was originally on hal

it could have changed by now -- can't find a new one

also -- when you can send out laundry can also change

i am constantly trying to find updates on hal

and your efforts are truly appreciated KK :) You are a very big help to a lot of people on these boards :):)

Can anyone who has sailed recently confirm how soon into the sailing the unlimited laundry service can commence?

I recently spent two days en route, and three more days in Auckland before I boarded the Volendam. I sent a full load of laundry out that first night. It was returned the next night.

There was no charge as I am a 4* Mariner. I very much doubt that made any difference in the bag being taken.

Is the price the same for unlimited laundry if there are three in the cabin?

The price is "per cabin".

There's no discount if there's only one person in the cabin, and no extra charge if there are more than two people sharing.

Just got off from 16 days on the Eurodam on Friday. No self-service laundry on any of the Vista or higher class ships. Used the stuffed bag twice ($20), gave to steward before 9am, was returned that afternoon, and they did a good job. Clothes can be returned either folded or on hangers.

Just got off from 16 days on the Eurodam on Friday. No self-service laundry on any of the Vista or higher class ships. Used the stuffed bag twice ($20), gave to steward before 9am, was returned that afternoon, and they did a good job. Clothes can be returned either folded or on hangers.

Archived