Ding! sound when seapass is swiped before boarding ship

Good morning everyone, I have done a search here as well as google and youtube and can't find what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know where I can find a sound file of the Ding sound made when your seapass card gets swiped as you board the ship?

TIA!

Thanks for the links everyone. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but isn't the "card reader" sound on one of the links what you hear when you swipe your card to get off the ship?

The "ding" is the same sound getting on and getting off.

If someone knows the manufacturer of the reader, they might be able to eimail the company and request if from them.

I'll be sailing in 2 weeks and can try to find the name of it if no one comes up with one.

Well, Dick, it appears you might be having a bad day yourself. I'm sorry you're day isn't going very well. Take care and I hope tomorrow is a better day for you Dick.

Having a fantastic day actually - moreso after digesting some of the contents of this thread and having a good laugh.

I have to smile at the fact people are googling to find 'ding' noises to remind them of a past cruise.

Sure - I look at photographs and videos of previous trips, but I just find it strange that someone is searching for the 'ding' sound from the 'checking machine' on a ship and is wondering why they cannot find it.

And what is even more strange is that they are asking as to WHY they cannot find it. :rolleyes:

If someone knows the manufacturer of the reader, they might be able to eimail the company and request if from them.

Go for it - it might make someones day at the 'ding machine' factory as well!

Thanks. It's 20 degrees outside, 75 days till our next cruise, BUT I'M THERE!!! dickydonkin don't you DARE click on that link!

Cruzface - it is about minus 2 outside here and I can assure you with all of my heart - I will not be clicking on 'that link'.

Edited by dickydonkin

Ummm. That wasn't my quote, Dick.

I must have confused him when I quoted you:). I see you're headed out on the Liberty soon. Just a tip: when most folks board, they head for the windjammer for a bite to eat. It's usually crowded. We instead head to the royal promenade, stake out a table at the pub, then DW heads to the Promenade Cafe for some snacks and I order the brewskies. Love those little croissant sandwiches! Then we sit and enjoy watching the rest of the cruisers as they board. Never crowded and always relaxing.

Bon Voyage!

Harry

I must have confused him when I quoted you:). I see you're headed out on the Liberty soon. Just a tip: when most folks board, they head for the windjammer for a bite to eat. It's usually crowded. We instead head to the royal promenade, stake out a table at the pub, then DW heads to the Promenade Cafe for some snacks and I order the brewskies. Love those little croissant sandwiches! Then we sit and enjoy watching the rest of the cruisers as they board. Never crowded and always relaxing.

Bon Voyage!

Harry

Thanks for the tip. I always hate the mad rush for the buffet. Really looking forward to this trip. The winter in NY has been hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Disco Stu likes the ding sound! Boogying the night away to the sweet sounds of cruising. OH YEAH!

How about the chime heard over the PA system before an announcement is made?

Anyone know where a groovy dancer like Disco Stu can find it?

• 4 months later...