Ding! sound when seapass is swiped before boarding ship

How about the sound of the toilet flush!

Funny you should ask. Hubby recorded that on last years sailing and has it as the ring tone on his phone for one our cruise friends. That friend almost wet himself when he heard it. LOL

Erika

Love this thread. It's great having people come together to have some harmless fun and help in a challenge to find these sounds. Good for you!

The old house that my sister lives in has a working intercom system. Maybe she should play the 'Good Morning this is your Captain Speaking' sound before calling the kids to supper. She'd love that, being a big cruise ship fan.

Can just say how much I love this forum? :D

Can't wait for the first person to recognize my new text message "ping." Or is it a "bing?" :confused::p

I personally think of it as being more of a "doink"! ;) And I too, have been using it as my incoming text message notification sound. My ringtone is the theme from "The Love Boat"! :D

How do you get it on your phone? Have a Samsung Focus (Windows).

Try googling your adding ringtones/notifications to Samsung Focus. I have an android and that is how I found instructions on how to add to my phone.

• 1 year later...
That sound is either the same or close to the one Southwest Airlines uses when you board. At least to my ear. Every business trip is a nostalgic wish for another cruise. Painful.

Well, that has to be one of the only similarities between boarding and RCI cruise ship and a Southwest 737.:eek::D

Cute thread, I have the Oasis of the Sea's "Mighty Ships" on PVR just so when it is blowing snow and miserable outside, I can put it on while folding laundry and dream about our upcoming trip.. that noise always give me chills. My hubby and I talk about that sound ALL THE TIME! Thanks for the info, this was a fun read...

Safe Travels.

Chass

Really enjoyed this thread because everyone on here has something in common with me! We are obsessed with cruising and dont care who thinks we are sad. DH and I will be boarding the Indie on Saturday for 14 whole fabulous nights - we booked 15 months ago and boy has this been a long time a coming! Listing to the card reader and the foghorn and the captains announcements have got me so excited I think I will go and pack my case again!

Really enjoyed this thread because everyone on here has something in common with me! We are obsessed with cruising and dont care who thinks we are sad. DH and I will be boarding the Indie on Saturday for 14 whole fabulous nights - we booked 15 months ago and boy has this been a long time a coming! Listing to the card reader and the foghorn and the captains announcements have got me so excited I think I will go and pack my case again!

Indy is an awesome ship. I have it booked again for March. Enjoy the anticipation as well as everyone of those 14 nights and days.:)