Advise on Constellation C2 and C3

City_Woman

Looks like we might take the plunge and try the Constellation later this year. We have been spoiled with Solstice class, but the itinerary and timing works for us.

We are a tad nervous at this new experience.

Can anyone help me decide between C2 and C3?

How different is the Concierge class on this ship, versus Soltice?

What else do I need to know?

Anyone have links to photos?

Judy

Looks like we might take the plunge and try the Constellation later this year. We have been spoiled with Solstice class, but the itinerary and timing works for us.

Judy

Hi Judy !

Please dont be worried. Constellation is a wonderful ship, and CC Class is an excellent experience. There is absolutely no difference in the cabin interiors in C1, C2 & C3. The only difference is location. The C2's may be a bit more mid-ship than the C3's.

If you have specific cabin numbers you are looking at, feel free to let us know, and I'm sure myself or other CC friends can offer some feedback.

If you have other questions about Celebrity or Constellation, please feel free to ask. Enjoy your Cruise !

How different is the Concierge class on this ship, versus Soltice?

What else do I need to know?

Anyone have links to photos?

Judy

We just got off the Constellation 2 week cruise in the Caribbean and we had 7184 and Melvin was our steward. He was excellent and the location was quiet and nice room.

While we haven't cruised on her yet, we looked at C2 vs. C3 on Connie as well and discovered 8112 which we are hoping will be a hidden gem in the C3 class. It is close to mid-ship with no public rooms above or below. It is close to the elevator and stairs, but the elevator is on the other side of the ship, hopefully avoiding possible noise from people waiting for the elevator. There is no door to an adjoining cabin which could be a possible source of noise. To top it off it is on the non-smoking side of the ship so we shouldn't get smoke smell wafting up from the Promenade deck below.

Search the Celebrity Cruises pages on CC for the cabin # you are interested in and there is a chance it will show up. My search of 8112 did and interestingly enough, others had picked it for the same reasons that we did.

Hi,

I cruised on the Celebrity Summit (the Constellation's sister) late last year in a C3 (8134) located aft on Deck 8. This location was excellent and the stateroom was quiet. I like all of the little perks that you receive in Concierge Class.

Chuck

Argghh....we have been struggling with choosing a cabin on Constellation for what seems like weeks...lol. I finally put a hold on a mid ship C2 8082 and was just about to put down a deposit when I read this thread. And now I'm wondering whether to move to a C3 and save a little bit..:confused:

Hi we are on the May 22 northern europe cruise - our first on Celebrity (10 on RCCL)- we are in C2 #9084 - any info would be great - also now that the ship has been updated I cannot really find a good picture of the new Solstized cabin

We just got off the Constellation last week. We had room CC 9175. Don't booked this room if you are a light sleeper. It had lots of noise from above, the buffet area. While the location of this room is wonderful, the noise level made it a big mistake for us.

We booked the same ship, same cruise for next year and made sure we had a room on the 8th floor.

Karon

Wow, after reading this threat I'm a little worried. Since we booked the Constellation in January I've been following these threads and decided to move from 9054 to 8047, is that a mistake? I was concerned by the noise from above but now I'm reading there could be noise from the serivce corridor.

Is noise really a problem on the ship?

Have been on Connie several times (most recently got off her last weekend) and have acutally made note of where I would like to stay. So to...

UKTraveler: 8082 is a nice location. You see the inside cabins that appear across the hall. They only open to the "odd numbered hallway" so there is nothing but a wall across the hall from you...no service areas or other rooms. Nice location.

Gentlemancruiser: 8047 is not a cabin I would want. Here's why.....The cabin next to you (8045) has a extended tri-angular balcony. You can see it from the deck plan. Because of that the occupants of 8045 can look directly onto your balcony from the "jut-out" of their balcony. We have actually stayed in 8046 on the other side of Connie. That was the one with the larger balcony and we could look right on to our neighbor's balcony in 8048. Also, there is a crew only service door directly across from 8047.

Hopes this help you both.

PL

Have been on Connie several times (most recently got off her last weekend) and have acutally made note of where I would like to stay. So to...

UKTraveler: 8082 is a nice location. You see the inside cabins that appear across the hall. They only open to the "odd numbered hallway" so there is nothing but a wall across the hall from you...no service areas or other rooms. Nice location.

Hopes this help you both.

PL

Thank you so much.

We have put down our deposit on 8082 for the Exotic Caribbean itinerary.......soooo excited.:D

Hi we are on the May 22 northern europe cruise - our first on Celebrity (10 on RCCL)- we are in C2 #9084 - any info would be great - also now that the ship has been updated I cannot really find a good picture of the new Solstized cabin

The cabins have not been Solsticized, just the ship. The cabins look pretty much the way they did before.

Our preference between C2 and C3 is a C3 cabin at the back of the ship on deck 7. Very quiet and not far to the rear elevators. Have done those on both the Connie and the Millie last year.

Hi Judy !

Please dont be worried. Constellation is a wonderful ship, and CC Class is an excellent experience. There is absolutely no difference in the cabin interiors in C1, C2 & C3. The only difference is location. The C2's may be a bit more mid-ship than the C3's.

If you have specific cabin numbers you are looking at, feel free to let us know, and I'm sure myself or other CC friends can offer some feedback.

If you have other questions about Celebrity or Constellation, please feel free to ask. Enjoy your Cruise !

We had CC cabin #7189. Location was great with one exception...there is a tarp type cover over the suites below. These tarps blocked our view from the balcony. Looked like it covered several cabins...maybe six or so cabins all the way to the aft cabins including 7197. The only reason it bothered me is that I like to look straight down from my balcony. Enjoyed watching what the man in the suite below me ate for breakfast..couldn't read his emails though ;) I was thankful that it was not worse, but would not do it again...unless it was the only balcony available or one of those really annoying "obscured views." You cannot see this tarp in any of the ship pictures but it is on both sides of ship. Love the Constellation!!! Great staff and crew too! By the way, we were "Perryfied!" You'll see!

To top it off it is on the non-smoking side of the ship so we shouldn't get smoke smell wafting up from the Promenade deck below.

quote]

Believe there is no smoking in any Cabin or Balcony now on Celebrity!?

Believe there is no smoking in any Cabin or Balcony now on Celebrity!?

That is correct, but I believe that smoking is allowed on the Promenade Deck (Deck 4) outside spaces on the Port side of the ship. This smoke could come up to a balcony on that side of the ship. It probably wouldn't be too noticeable by the time it got up to deck 8 anyway.

• 1 year later...
We just got off the Constellation 2 week cruise in the Caribbean and we had 7184 and Melvin was our steward. He was excellent and the location was quiet and nice room.

I notice that you had an adjoining room. Was there noticible noise from your neighbor, and was the door on the bed side or the opposite side of the room?

Thanks.

Archived