What do you do following embarkation after the Lido?

After the Lido & checking out your cabin, what do you do next?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. After the Lido & checking out your cabin, what do you do next?

• Relax, take a nap, unwind in my cabin.
    • Stay in the Lido & eat as much as I can.
    • Tour the ship
    • Head for the dining room to find table location.
    • Wait for luggage so I can unpack & settle in.
    • Go find any CC buddies met online & let the partying begin!
    • Pour some wine, drink of choice or hook up the blender & enjoy some private time.
    • Make spa appts. or head for fitness ctr. for workout, etc.

Thank you so much!!!:D We just got clobered in tennis and I needed a laugh more than I ever have!!! Now I have my head back where it should be - anticipating this cruise. Life really is good!:) Thank you!!!

Let's see ... after eating a bite in the Lido I usually go back to my cabin and unpack my bags:

• I hang up my 4 Tuxedos and 3 suits with white-shirts and ties.
  • I haul the cow out of my bags, and the chain saw, and lead ol' Bessie down to the Lido deck pool, where I kick out the kids, drain out the water, push the cow into the deep end, fire up the chain saw, and carve up some sides of beef for the kitchen ... I can't stand that shoe leather they normally serve.
  • I bring out the still, set it up, unpack the potatoes, and start brewing Vodka. It sells well by day three.
  • I unpack, clean, check, and load my guns for skeet shooting off the sports deck. I also unpack, check, and prepare the trolling hooks and chains for fishing off the aft of the ship. I also check to make sure where Club HAL will be meeting.

That's a good start! :D ;)

Let's see ... after eating a bite in the Lido I usually go back to my cabin and unpack my bags:

• I hang up my 4 Tuxedos and 3 suits with white-shirts and ties.
  • I haul the cow out of my bags, and the chain saw, and lead ol' Bessie down to the Lido deck pool, where I kick out the kids, drain out the water, push the cow into the deep end, fire up the chain saw, and carve up some sides of beef for the kitchen ... I can't stand that shoe leather they normally serve.
  • I bring out the still, set it up, unpack the potatoes, and start brewing Vodka. It sells well by day three.
  • I unpack, clean, check, and load my guns for skeet shooting off the sports deck. I also unpack, check, and prepare the trolling hooks and chains for fishing off the aft of the ship. I also check to make sure where Club HAL will be meeting.

That's a good start! :D ;)

Oh! I get sooo much good advice here!!! What caliber do you recomend? I just love shooting skeet! Does anybody mind if I just shoot birds to avoid paying for the skeet? Are you on our cruise? I just love fresh beef! I hear the Sole is wonderful, but not served every cruise. Do you have the correct bait so we can cook it on my grill on the balcony - you know the one - it has the laundry hanging over the sides and Christmas lights drilled in! LOL!!!:D

I check the view from my verandah, and if it faces the pier, I go down to the Front Desk and complain bitterly about it and demand an upgrade to cabin with an ocean view!!!!!

Tooo Funny : )

I check the view from my verandah, and if it faces the pier, I go down to the Front Desk and complain bitterly about it and demand an upgrade to cabin with an ocean view!!!!!

Bill, You should not give out all us frequent cruisers secrets:eek:

Oh! I get sooo much good advice here!!! What caliber do you recomend? I just love shooting skeet! Does anybody mind if I just shoot birds to avoid paying for the skeet?

Umm, search the board for instances of "skeet". The rev does NOT use clay pigeons!:rolleyes:

Umm, search the board for instances of "skeet". The rev does NOT use clay pigeons!:rolleyes:

I thought about throwing in a (skeet) reference to diapered babies in the pool, but thought that might be in really bad taste!!:D Besides, he'd already emptied the pool to butcher his cow!

Good to see you back soccerfootballmom! Are you excited yet? Only 15 more days!!!:D

Excited is NOT the word...Driving my family absolutely bonkers cuz every morning I tell them exactly how many days til I get to go on my cruise...whatever the word is that describes the above affliction, I've got it ;)

I check the view from my verandah, and if it faces the pier, I go down to the Front Desk and complain bitterly about it and demand an upgrade to a cabin with an ocean view!!!!!

:D

We were looking at the RSSC brochure, which bragged about "all oceanview cabins," and DH said "Well, what else would the view be of?"

I thought he was being ridiculous. Then I wondered how they can keep that promise while the ship is in the Panama Canal. Should there be a partial refund on that itinerary? :rolleyes:

OMG!!! It's finally come back to life! Thank you, thank you! I miss the blender thread so much and here we go again!

Revneal - don't you think you better get that Club HAL schedule squared away before you start slicin' and dicin' in the pool??? LOL! Those kids may start to scatter... :eek: Harder targets, ya know.

OMG!!! It's finally come back to life! Thank you, thank you! I miss the blender thread so much and here we go again!

Revneal - don't you think you better get that Club HAL schedule squared away before you start slicin' and dicin' in the pool??? LOL! Those kids may start to scatter... :eek: Harder targets, ya know.

I will bring the Blender:D Does anyone have one of those JUMBO George Forman Grills?, it's easier to drain the drip pan in the toilet as opposed to the weber grill:eek:

Oh, Lisa, good idea!!! That would be far better!!! I hope someone has one because the pan is removable. It's so cumbersome to have to hold the whole grill over the toilet.

Of course, we could simply let it drip over the railing if we just move the Christmas lights aside so they're not spoiled.

One good thing I'm finding out with this poll is that the Lido is empty so if I want privacy that's a good place to go.

Then I'll get ready for the wing ding BBQ on Cactus lady's balcony where she'll be cooking up the fish that Iggipolka has caught! Maybe Revneal will let us have some of Bessie to throw on the Forman. Sure hope so. Nothing like a good Surf and Turf.

Archived