breakfast Neptune lounge

ansjefitnes

No hot items, other than a toaster. I ended up having most of my breakfasts there anyway, because I liked their array of simple items and I am a continental breakfast eater anyway. Hot beverages, hot toast but only cold buffet items.

I liked having my light breakfasts in the Neptune Lounge as one of my most favorite suite perks. I liked their bagel, cream cheese and lox items and their yogurt parfaits best. After my first few days of over-eating everything, I back off to the yogurt parfaits for breakfast for the rest of the trip myself.

'Breakfast' in the Neptune Lounge is continental. There are all kinds of great choices - smoked salmon, cream cheese, jams, cereal, yogurt with granola and stuff nicely displayed, all kinds of bagels, fancy rolls, rolls, bread, etc., fruit galore (and I think there was rice pudding if I recall correctly?).

Some ships have a toaster. coffee machine is great too. tons of juices.

for a 'hot' breakfast, go to the Pinnacle Grill (if you are asking about the Neptune Lounge you are obviously in a deluxe verandah suite or penthouse?)

Dh & I use both. It's great:):):)

There are also small sandwiches, fruit and sweets etc offered at lunch time. Later in the afternoon, crudite and cold appetizers etc are put out. We love the nibbles in Neptune. DH often roams in to see what they are offering.

I liked the small, cozy and comfortable feeling and conversation with fellow Neptune passengers. It made the ship feel more intimate having this gathering spot and ready "introduction" to anyone who used it, and also attended the special suites passenger events. It was a very nice perk, but also a pricey one in the big picture. Yes, as reminded we did "pay" for all those free things.

We also enjoyed the Neptune Lounge on the small and bigger ships of HA. The staff was so helpful and always smiling and kind. They changed dining tables in the MDR if we didn't like the spot we were assigned. Fixed our DVD that didn't work and just always did everything with a hugh smile. We have sailed most of our time in a suite and the cucumber sandwiches in the NL are soooo delightful. Just ask for whatever you want and they will provide it in the lounge. Sure wish I could have taken those staff members in the lounge home with me. Being in a suite is really special with all the perks and the NL, and the hugh cabins with a veranda to die for.....You will love it!!!!

as mentioned -- some ships have a toaster -- which we loved on days when we needed to have a quick breakfast before going on a tour

we have also noticed that some ships have a better selection of fruits, cheeses and meats.

look for the chocolates and pound cake available in the afternoon

KK, hope you are feeling better - typing with one hand are you?

If you feel up to it would you mind to share which ships had the better selection in the Neptune lounge from your experience? Just curious I did notice a difference on the NA - thought it was just me ;)

What kind of difference did you notice on Nieuw Amsterdam? Difference from which other ship(s) are you comparing?

We have found the selection on Eurodam to bea bit wider than on Maasdam but, of course, it's a much larger ship with many more Suites.

For the most part, the selection is very similar on all the ships. Maybe some better sandwich choices at lunch on Signature/Vista.

What kind of difference did you notice on Nieuw Amsterdam? Difference from which other ship(s) are you comparing?

We have found the selection on Eurodam to bea bit wider than on Maasdam but, of course, it's a much larger ship with many more Suites.

For the most part, the selection is very similar on all the ships. Maybe some better sandwich choices at lunch on Signature/Vista.

Hi Sail, I haven't always lived the 'suite' life so have only been in suites on the Rotterdam, Ooesterdam, Zuiderdam and the Nieuw Amsterdam.

The lunch choices on the NA were not as exciting or varied as on the other ships I have been on. Breakfast was the same as other ships. The afternoon munchies were pratically identical every day when we were on the NA - I found more variety on the other ships. (so did dh who normally pays no attention to that stuff).

Not the end of the world, but I was just curious. Our next suite is on the Prisendam.

Hi Sail, I haven't always lived the 'suite' life so have only been in suites on the Rotterdam, Ooesterdam, Zuiderdam and the Nieuw Amsterdam.

The lunch choices on the NA were not as exciting or varied as on the other ships I have been on. Breakfast was the same as other ships. The afternoon munchies were pratically identical every day when we were on the NA - I found more variety on the other ships. (so did dh who normally pays no attention to that stuff).

Not the end of the world, but I was just curious. Our next suite is on the Prisendam.

Thanks, Kazu. We've had a few cruises when they served the same afternoon munchies every day and it did get monotonous. Sorry to hear NA needs some improving. Hopefully they'll get comments and will respond with better variety. We don't sail Nieuw Amsterdam for months yet.

Thanks, Kazu. We've had a few cruises when they served the same afternoon munchies every day and it did get monotonous. Sorry to hear NA needs some improving. Hopefully they'll get comments and will respond with better variety. We don't sail Nieuw Amsterdam for months yet.

my pleasure Sail, - we were on the inaugural transatlantic and a lot of new crew came aboard - so hopefully it will be better by the time you board.:)

Thanks for the great info about neptune--what hours is it open for breakfast?

We're leaving from Auckland 2/27.

barbara

I think it opened 7 or 7 30 am, we would see the staff from the Pinnacle Grill setting out the food well before 7 am when we would be going out for a walk. The breakfast food and orange juice, starts to be cleared away about 11am, then the lunchtime selection is available.

The Volendam has a toaster if you want to toast breads.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Volendam:)

Archived