Doghouse

emen822

Could you tell me if the "dogs" are grilled? My husband loves the idea of having this onboard but grillin' is a must. :D And can you ask for it to be well done? :) Just wasn't sure if you are served as you order.

Thanks in advance.

The dogs ( 6 different kinds) are not cooked on an open fire grill. I think there are cooked on those rolling tubes. I didn’t notice any grill marks or any that looked more cooked than others. Once cooked, some are on the rollers and some are kept in warming bin so I’m not sure you can get one cooked to order. If there was any kind if flat cooking surface behind the counter – I did not notice and stand corrected. I can tell you there is no open BBQ grill. These we not as good as those cooked on a fire grill (although that didn’t stop us from enjoying them)

If (open) grilling is a must – then he likely won’t be eating any hot dogs on board

Enjoy

M

the doghouse has the same cooking process as ballparks; however the quality of the dogs are very good; I have yet to meet someone who did not like them. I was onboard with a group of 20; everyone loved the dogs.

the doghouse has the same cooking process as ballparks; however the quality of the dogs are very good; I have yet to meet someone who did not like them. I was onboard with a group of 20; everyone loved the dogs.

Good to hear! Excited to try it out ourselves. :)

Could you tell me if the "dogs" are grilled? My husband loves the idea of having this onboard but grillin' is a must. :D And can you ask for it to be well done? :) Just wasn't sure if you are served as you order.

Thanks in advance.

What do ya think...this is Conney Island and you are at Nathans:p

Thanks in advance.

I had one on Oasis and it was cold!! So had it been grilled?? :D They were on one of those things that continually spin the sausages - clearly the element had gone. When I ask if they were meant to be cold, I got a shrug of the shoulders. The dog went in the bin.

What do ya think...this is Conney Island and you are at Nathans:p

:D:p

I had one on Oasis and it was cold!! So had it been grilled?? :D They were on one of those things that continually spin the sausages - clearly the element had gone. When I ask if they were meant to be cold, I got a shrug of the shoulders. The dog went in the bin.

Definitely would not want a cold dog! :eek:

Cruisegirl,

You stated there were 6 different kinds of hot dogs. Was a veggie dog, one of the 6?

Thanks,

Rick

Here is the menu [courtesy of cruisingator's album]. Doesn't look like there is a veggie dog.

1165450417_rMVMe-M.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think the dough wrapped ones you are referring to are avail in the Wipe Out Cafe only..up by the flow riders, aft.

People refer to them as "pretzel dogs", but I am not sure where the pretzel part comes in? People say they are quite good...my kids liked them.

Archived