Validfill Dispensers

kruzerci

I believe that was a test program; they no longer have them; they tried them on Oasis and Allure during maiden voyage; but I sailed Allure and the machines were gone. I would like to see them come back.

Do the Freedom and Majesty still have the Validfill dispensers for soda? I just saw a post from last summer that it had been taken off of the Freedom. Does anybody who has sailed recently know if that is true?

That's a shame, I loved them and thought the concept would work. Wonder what the problem was? I thought they'd sell more soda packages since some have been turned off to them b/c they, or their kids, had to wait too long for bar staff to refill. And I thought the bar staff would be happy NOT to need to deal with soda refills, at least by the pool.

I thought I had just read some reviews where people talked about this being available on the Freedom? I was going to purchase the soda package for my daughter because of the convenience, but if it is not available I may reconsider. Maybe someone that has recently sailed will chime in and give us an update.

We were on the Freedom 1/9 - 1/16 and they were on the ship. BUT they dd not work. My husband ordered the coke package ahead of time and had the mug waiting when we got on the ship. He could not get the dispenser to work nor could the crew. We never saw anyone getting them to dispense coke!

Judith

What's a Validfill dispenser?

The cups have an RFID chip in them (I assume) so public, unmanned soda dispensers will only work if you have a "valid" cup (ie, from the soda package). They also had a small time limit, as I saw someone get a cup of foam, dump it, and was unable to immediately get a refill.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived