How strict on amount of wine taken on?

Cruise Junky

We have friends cruising Millennium through the Panama Canal later this year. They're used to sailing HAL and were a bit surprised over the two bottle wine limit that Celebrity has. How strict are they about wine? It's not a biggy if they take it and hold it as they're sailing Princess for 20 Days right after and Princess doesn't care. So they're not going to have to fly with it home.

Are Celebrity pretty strict? or hit and miss?

We took two bottles each on a recent cruise, ie 4 bottles for the cabin. No issue, I think we could have had four each for that matter. We bought one at port stop. It was consfiscated BUT returned on the afternoon of our last night on board.....there was never an issue of having to take it home with us.

We just got off of Equinox and took two bottles per person (two in each of our carry-ons). No one batted an eyelash, even though we went through the security line together. I imagine we could have put more in our checked bags as well, since there's no way they could connect those bags with the bags we carried on (nor was anyone keeping track of how many bottles were carried on per stateroom).

on 1/28 Equinox out of the new terminal we observed they took wine from many on line-- admitted later it was an error

they also temporarily confiscated lugagge with any type of bottles in it. even just wine & missed getting notices to some to come pick up their luggage--

our friends worried their suitcase had been lost rather than held. when located they were told that if security sees any bottles they hold the luggage--not wanting to open it without the owner present..

I took two bottles of wine in my carry-on for our recent Solstice cruise. The scanner flagged my carryon and they called me aside for special inspection. The inspector removed both bottles and looked them over carefully. I was very glad that the bottles were wine, and that there were only two of them!

The policy is very clear. If you choose to attempt more, it might work, it might not. No one can tell you here what will happen on your particular date of embarkation. Like others have said, it is a hit or miss type of thing. I know during holidays and often summer time family cruising, security seems tighter. If you don't care if it is removed from your bags, sure you can try it.

Corkage is $25.

Archived