Flow Rider Question

I am taking three 8 year old boys on a cruise soon. The flow rider is something they all want to do. Unfortunately, one of the boys is just under 52 inches (barefoot). Do they measure with shoes on or off? He'd make it if measured with shoes on.

Thanks in advance.

We are sailing in April with our nephew who is also just under 52 inches. I was also wondering how they measure. If we go before you sail, I will report when we get back. Your post says soon.... not sure how soon, soon is:)

They make them stand under/next to a bar. If the bar can float over the kids head than he is to short. You can wear shoes if you want. When my kid was a bit to short, I used to put cardboard in his shoes so he was tall enough for the big rides at Six Flags. Always worked..........

Purely from memory that has been called suspect, I they do to the measuring when they signed the waiver (pre-oasis class where you had to sign it at the ship) Maybe you wait and sign the waiver there and wear shoes?

When we were on Freedom earlier this month they were very picky about being tall enough. I saw them turn a boy away from being about half an inch too short to ride the stand up board. Maybe they are more lenient for the boogie board height? Not sure.

Whne we were on FOS, they made the kids stand under a swingbar type thing, if it swings over their head, they're too short. One kid had his hair spiked up thinking that would work but the bar swung through his hair & he was turned down. I can't remember if they made the kids take their sneakers off or not.

They make them stand under/next to a bar. If the bar can float over the kids head than he is to short. You can wear shoes if you want. When my kid was a bit to short, I used to put cardboard in his shoes so he was tall enough for the big rides at Six Flags. Always worked..........

Cardboard in the shoes? wow, that's creative. If they make people take their shoes off, maybe cardboard in their socks would be even better, LOL. Not sure of the potential impact on the kid's character...;)

I am taking three 8 year old boys on a cruise soon. The flow rider is something they all want to do. Unfortunately, one of the boys is just under 52 inches (barefoot). Do they measure with shoes on or off? He'd make it if measured with shoes on.

Thanks in advance.

Don't cut your son's hair. It will make him look taller

There's nothing like trying to defeat the safety protocols to show your kids you love 'em.

Having been on Oais a couple of weeks ago with an 8 yr old. I can tell you they measure you barefoot and if your head does not stop bar you are not getting a wristband....52 inches for boogie and 58 inches for surf....Even if you sign all your waivers ahead of time you still need to go to sport deck and get your wristband..the wristband is good for the week...

There's nothing like trying to defeat the safety protocols to show your kids you love 'em.

All the safety "protocols" are overkill and exaggerated. Probably trying to comply with some government agency that needs to validate its purpose...

Archived