Tamarind Question

YankeeClipper581

I will be on the Eurodam next month and I'm excited to try Tamarind after all the wonderful reviews. My question is, with so many interesting choices, can one order more than one entree or appetizer as you could in the MDR, or are the portions more strictly enforced due to the added charge associated with the alternative dining venues?

Also, same question as it pertains to PG as well.

Thanks.

I've never seen anyone order more than one entree in Tamarind and truly don't think anyone would want to. The meal is very ample and I can't eat all the courses offered. I never order from every category and cannot eat all the food I'm served.

If you love it so much and many of us do, you can always return to try a different entree the next time.

In Pinnacle Grill you will be charged twice if you order more than one entree but you can order multiple appetizers and side dishes. Again, it is a very large meal and you won't be hungry. :)

I will be on the Eurodam next month and I'm excited to try Tamarind after all the wonderful reviews. My question is, with so many interesting choices, can one order more than one entree or appetizer as you could in the MDR, or are the portions more strictly enforced due to the added charge associated with the alternative dining venues?

Thanks.

You can order more than one if you like - good luck eating it all :):)

Thanks.

In terms of appetizers, what you CAN do in the Tamarind is skip the soup course and order two appetizers instead. I had the ribs and the pot stickers.

In terms of appetizers, what you CAN do in the Tamarind is skip the soup course and order two appetizers instead. I had the ribs and the pot stickers.

But the soup is soooo good. :) I look forward to the wonderful soup.

In my opinion, there should not be any rules in a specialty restaurant that charges extra.

I realize that I probably can't eat two entrées - especially if I have multiple soups, appetizers, and sides. But, why can't I choose to forgo those and enjoy two entrées? Why can't I decide what I prefer to eat, especially when I'm paying extra for the privilege? :confused:

In the MDR, our group of 5 sometimes order one extra entrée simply because it's something that we would like to try. And, it's never been discarded! A specialty restaurant, especially Tamarind, is exactly the place where experimentation should be expected and encouraged.

BTW, can I order a different entrée (without extra charge) if I don't like my first choice? Or, do I have to hope that one of my cruisemates will like it and swap with them? :(

In my opinion, there should not be any rules in a specialty restaurant that charges extra....

You have to realize the $15 charge is a FRACTION of what the meal truely costs. The Tamarind would easily be a $150 per couple (with wine) meal on land. The fee is to suppliment the food costs.

I would ask you if you would go to a fine restaurant on land as ask for two entrees etc? That would be silly.

It is a lovely restaurant with excellent service. The servers will tell you how the menu works (two appetizers, or one plus soup etc). It is a very nice meal. It is not a backyard BBQ were you swap stuff from some's plate.

Everyone has been very polite so far. Sorry if I am not. Table manners count in my book.

We have been on the Eurodam twice, and Tamarind twice each time. It is our favourite! As an FYI it is Asian Fusion, so it has a lots of twists on Japanese, Vietnamese and Chinese Cuisine. The uber delicous Pho soup is nothing like traditional pho soup, but it is sooooooo good!

Archived