some quick Oasis thoughts -- just back

zurich72

I'll be sailing on the Oasis February 4-11, 2012. I enjoy reading everybody's reviews and observations. I'll be sure to head out to the different spots on the ship to enjoy the view of the ocean because I'll likely find parts of the ship mall-like as well.

As for avoiding donuts, cupcakes and desserts - no way! It's the only time that I satisfy my sweet tooth over a long period of time!! No worries about the effect of all that sweet goodness, as I ike to ge tup early when on a cruise and run the track for 45 minutes. This usually kick starts my metabolism for the day!

Looking forward to checking out the Oasis' somewhat enclosed jogging track on deck 5 because I'm used to the Freedom class' track on the top deck, in the open air (and wind and rain :eek:).

Happy sailing to all!!!

I'll glad that I don't like sweat stuff. The cupcake shop and I will not become aquainted with each other next week.

We did not visit either on our cruise on Oasis, but did partake of the ice cream shop with fresh fruits on the boardwalk. That and the Park cafe wer our fav spots.

Hi Sashamcg - are cupcakes on sale towards the end of the week? What day was this?

TIA!

I believe that she is saying that if they had "discovered" the cupcake shop earlier in their cruise, they would have bought many of them, thus spending a lot of money. By finding it later, they had less opportunity to buy cupcakes.

:)

We did not visit either on our cruise on Oasis, but did partake of the ice cream shop with fresh fruits on the boardwalk. That and the Park cafe wer our fav spots.

Hey, good to see you. I didn't know that you had sailed Oasis already. Did you post about it? I'm leaving Saturday. Very excited about being on a completely different ship. Even though I am not crazy about sweet stuff I love ice cream. And I will be sure to check out the Park Cafe.

wow, it's a little crazy how angry and testy people get when you have a differing OPINION. Let's see if I can step up the angry responses.....

the donuts in the buffet = yuck, the FRESH donuts on the boardwalk = great....

also, I didn't say it's IMPOSSIBLE to get water, but after late dinner and drinks, when we wanted a water or lemonade before bed, and usually there are stations on ships outside the buffet -- there is no access to them if the windjammer is closed. same with the soft serve.. wipeout cafe IS great, but not open late...

OK, ready to get angry???? The flow rider area is filled with kids...loud kids...loud because they are having fun and surfing and playing basketball. This is not, by my description an area to relax and enjoy a cruise FOR US. I wanted to mention no aft pool or bar because on most other ships I have been on, this has been our favorite,"place to escape", and so without such a place, it was something we missed. The solarium was this retreat spot, but again, not as nice as an aft space, and no bar at night.

I like this board when we can all learn from each others experiences, all while forming our own. Glad some of you found my observations helpful.

We had to think hard to find negatives, and these are just some things that came to mind -- they certainly did not make or break the trip or the ship.

again -- the shows and the cruise director richard spacey is great!!

Not only did Oasis have the pool bars midship, you also had to bars that would have made up for the aft bar on either side of the ship before the adult pool.How did you miss those bars??

We were on the oasis in oct and we never had a problem finding water or anything else we wanted to drink. We thought there was lots of entertainment. Band by pools everyday, the usual contests. We were never bored.

There was an ice cream machine by the pool. If there is one within 5 miles of him he will find it.

They had the club in the solarium and there was a buffet one night around the pool. We never had a problem finding anything to do. Maybe like another poster stated ther were so many things going on we missed seeing a lot so maybe the op did too but it wasn't because they didn't have it. Seems we never had enough time to do everything we wanted to do.

Never had a problem finding a place to watch the water

Archived