The most shocking thing....??

pbmsmile

The most shocking things I've seen on cruises are not repeatable in polite company, but I haven't been on a pleasure cruise yet.

The most shocking thing I've seen on CC, is folks that come on the Carnival board for no other reason than to put Carnival down :confused:

That's some real "class" there :rolleyes:

... sounds like just another normal day on Carnival! OMG, seriously, why do people keep rebooking on that tug.line!

... DUMB A$$ IS, AS DUMB A$$ DOES!

...What a surprise ... another Carnival passenger is DRUNK!

... is it just me, or do I see a drunken pattern starting?

... this isn't permitted on most (if not, all) other cruise lines. Certainly not sanitary!

Just curious if you don't like CC why you are an the board?

HAL cruise about 3 years ago...we walked every morning, as we would come around a corner at about 6:15 am an older woman had her cabin lights on, and curtain open, as she got ready to dress....totally undressed. It was so funny to have to close your eyes as you passed the window for at least 4 laps!

This one's easy for me, too.

I was on the Lido deck, quietly reading a book and people-watching when I saw a rather large gentleman approach. I think he was wearing a Speedo, but can't say for sure.

Why?

Because his belly hung low enough that I couldn't see what he was wearing. And even though he walked past me, I didn't let myself turn my head for the rear view!

It's an image that feels burned into my retinas....and not in a good way!

I can't remember what cruise this happened on... but there was an older gentleman who spent a LOT of time looking for his wife. We saw him everywhere... wandering and calling out, "Miiiiiiiiiiiildred?!?" We know she existed because we did see them together. Now, whenever we get separated some place we call out.... Miiiiiiiiiiiiiildred!

*wipes Diet Doke off the screen*

OMG that is hilarious! ROFL!!!!! Old people on cruises are hilarious sometimes. I have noticed alot of them get so frazzled on vacation. It's vacation grandma. You need to settle down.

... sounds like just another normal day on Carnival! OMG, seriously, why do people keep rebooking on that tug.line!

... this isn't permitted on most (if not, all) other cruise lines. Certainly not sanitary!

WOW... you sound like such a fun person.... Get off our board if you don't like us fancy pants! :/

Last month we sailed on the Dream and headed back to port. We decided to soak in the serenity area hot tubs to avoid the kids. As we rounded the corner a woman was proudly bearing her topless self on a lounge chair! Must have been Orient beach that inspired her....:rolleyes:

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

She was in the adult only area' date=' so what was the issue? :confused:[/quote']

I guess I'm missing something here. I didn't think anyone mentioned there was any kind of issue.

The woman was topless, right? So wouldn't you be a bit shocked to see a woman topless in a serenity hot tub?

I think that it fits nicely in this thread.

Edited by Wisdom

I guess I'm missing something here. I didn't think anyone mentioned there was any kind of issue.

The woman was topless, right? So wouldn't you be a bit shocked to see a woman topless in a serenity hot tub?

I think that it fits nicely in this thread.

Not in the adult only Serenity Area.

Not in the adult only Serenity Area.

To me, "Adult Only" doesn't mean "X rated" or THAT type of "Adult". It means no kids. So I would consider it a bit shocking to be topless in an area not labeled as such and go there to relax to see that.

And I'm so confused as to why people who hate Carnival so much even bother coming here to chime in and degrade Carnival. Strange.

Please take your snarky butt elsewhere. All the lines mentioned are NOT CCL and your bias is showing.

We are straying from OP's question. I love reading the stories and I want to read more.

When we were on RCCL 2 years ago we saw 2 men snorting coke out of an ashtray near the elevator. Others saw it too and when we docked in St. Thomas they brought the dogs onboard and off the offenders went.

Not sure about shocking but it was funny..

On the Pride this year there was a group of 4 young men (18-24ish) who

paraded through the ship in identical outfits all day everyday.

One day it was "Thurston Howell" outfits, another

day matching bathrobes and another day they wore sailor outfits.

Can't remember other days but they were always in "costume"

Funny,funny,funny !

They seemed to have a great time and were part of a large family group. Probably brothers and cousins.

They happily posed for pictures.

Not sure about shocking but it was funny..

On the Pride this year there was a group of 4 young men (18-24ish) who

paraded through the ship in identical outfits all day everyday.

One day it was "Thurston Howell" outfits, another

day matching bathrobes and another day they wore sailor outfits.

Can't remember other days but they were always in "costume"

Funny,funny,funny !

They seemed to have a great time and were part of a large family group. Probably brothers and cousins.

They happily posed for pictures.

I love to see people having FUN on thier vacations!!! :D

Couldn't help but laugh at this one. That is until it dawned on me that my Hubby will be the one in the white socks on our next cruise :eek: minus the Speedo, (Thank God!).

So wait...he's only wearing white socks?!?! :eek:

The most shocking thing I've seen on CC, is folks that come on the Carnival board for no other reason than to put Carnival down :confused:

That's some real "class" there :rolleyes:

Yep...for someone who thinks so little of Carnival the poster is spending an awful lot of time hanging out here. :(

This is such a great thread! I have been thoroughly entertained all evening!

We have seen many things that make us chuckle. We are avid people watchers and find that to be our greatest entertainment!

On our Dawn Princess cruise, we had "thong girl". She and her husband or boyfriend were probably in their late 20's maybe. They dressed up in formal wear EVERY night of our 10 night cruise which was strange enough. He was always in a tux and she was always in a pale pink or white frilly formal dress (like Princess style). The funny thing was that the material of her dress was kind of sheer and she obviously wasn't wearing a slip of any kind. You could clearly see the outline of her thong underwear.

Another, I would consider tragically humorous, thing we saw was on our Liberty of the Seas cruise. There was a very very very large woman probably in her 40's playing (yes romping around on her own - no kids that we could see in sight) in the waterpark area. We had to take a second look because at first we thought she was naked! :eek: Turns out she was wearing a tiny white bikini but you barely tell because it was hidden under the folds. My DH looked at me horrified and said doesn't she have someone with her that told her she shouldn't leave the cabin wearing that??!!! It was a very odd sight.

LOL.....there's sooooo much I WANT to say about that one but don't want to get flamed, so I'll stay politically correct and just LOL. ;)

(Just sayin.....Jeff Foxworthy has a lot of sayings for cruisers like this)

My thoughts exactly..

"if you've ever used Hefty bags as luggage....you might just be ...."

Edited by Thoth

Since it was the lido deck I would have gone into the buffet line to get some utensils and proceed to enter the pool and fork it! Sometimes you need to take charge of the situation.

Cheers!

That is hilarious and the best idea ever!