sanctuary on the crown princess

CRUISER94044

They sell it first in blocks for the whole cruise. Any chairs left after that are sold on a half day basis per day. You need to get there early in the morning to reserve a seat for the particular day.

On my last cruise I wanted to get a seat in the sun, but all the chairs in the sunny areas were sold out for the days I was looking at. (people who booked the whole week had reserved the chairs in the sun for the week basically).

I ended up not using the sanctuary.

Just got back yesterday most of the sanctuary is free except the very top and there was never sun there! save your money! you will find plenty of chairs the higher up you go

What do you mean by the very top? The Sanctuary is bne level.

i am booked on the 7 day western caribbean cruise on crown princess. I wonder how much it costs to book the sanctuary for the week? I am very interesed in a lounge chair in the sun, do you know how many they have?

Thanks for your help!

just returned from the crown january 22,2011 to january 29,2011

the sanctuary was always empty nice lounge chairs and someone to serve you water (big deal) if you order food there is a $3.00 charge to bring it to you

it cost about $110.00 per person (my wife never used it and they were nince enough to credit my acc. For her

if you wish to be up there there is a place to sun yourself for no charge and you can also use the pool

injoy your cruise

stur dayton,ohio

Where do you sign up for the week? I want to make sure to reserve a chair on the first day. Is this possible?

You sign up at the Sanctuary. And, yes, you should do it on the first day to ensure availability if on a warm weather cruise.

I love to sit outside, but need to find shade. We're sailing on the Crown in a couple of months. Would you recommend The Sanctuary or do you think there is shade available in other areas? This is a spring break sailing, so it will probably be rather crowded. Thanks very much.

Saw your post - we're on the cruise together next month - we can say that now since it's March 1st! Anyway - I always debate doing this - I might this time. I do like to sit in the sun - but Adam is not a big fan.....we'll see.

I love to sit outside, but need to find shade. We're sailing on the Crown in a couple of months. Would you recommend The Sanctuary or do you think there is shade available in other areas? This is a spring break sailing, so it will probably be rather crowded. Thanks very much.

The areas by the main pools have both covered (shaded) and uncovered lounges. Availability on a spring break sailing is another question.

I guess I was refering to the pool area beneath i thought that was part of it. no one was in the sanctuary that I saw during my cruise and I never saw much sun up there

understand.

I guess I just don't see the need to spend the money on it. There are plenty of chairs (other than pool areas) all over the ship that are quiet. Usually one side is sunny and the other side in the shade. I think people with insides, who are Elite and get on the ship early, are usually the ones that book the entire cruise and use it the most. Even with the cost, it makes for a cheap cruise.

• 4 years later...

If your talking about the pool that is just outside the spa, it is not part of the Sanctuary. The chairs around are free also. Usually hard to get one but the pool is not usually busy. I thin a lot of people think its part of the Sanctuary, that's why its not busy.

If I understand you correctly no, the pool, spas and loungers in the lower area surrounding the pool deck are open to adults and there is no fee.

I was surprised at the statement that you can go to the sanctuary,use the pool,hot tub,but don't sit in a chair or you must pay????

I was surprised at the statement that you can go to the sanctuary,use the pool,hot tub,but don't sit in a chair or you must pay????

The Lotus Pool and hot tubs are NOT part of the Sanctuary which is one deck above and where there is a fee. This is a 4 year old thread so ignore the pricing-it is now $40 a full day ($30 if you book for the week)

Norris